Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Heh, maybe have Osira dress ina way that looks like those weird outfits the Pharaohs wore, but have it so that it's not just a costume?
    Yeah, I'm pulling from Stargate the movie a little bit and how Johns portrayed the ancient Thanagarians that crashed in Ancient Egypt as well. They kind of influenced each others culture in small ways. I kind of see that for Osira (the name give to her by humans in antiquity) working alongside any ancient Thanagarians (which I'm not sure is in continuity anymore with the newest issue of Hawkman) that may have contacted Earth at that time and the Egyptian deities of Earth.

For some reason I see Osira as slightly reptiloid in nature, but maybe not. Could I possible "borrow" more from the movie Stargate and the 1980s television miniseries "V"? lol

V wasn't a miniseries. ;-;

It was amazingly awesome. The prop designers started with the idea that the aliens were pretending to look human as part of a ploy to get humans to willingly accept their rule. Then they made outfits that were worn by humans yet looked amazingly alien at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    V wasn't a miniseries. ;-;

It was amazingly awesome. The prop designers started with the idea that the aliens were pretending to look human as part of a ploy to get humans to willingly accept their rule. Then they made outfits that were worn by humans yet looked amazingly alien at the same time.

One of my other favorite Dianas in fiction!

And I think the first two episodes were a miniseries, then they had a sequel to that eventually, and then a regular television series later.

Anyway, I remember watching them as a tween and loving it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Turns out Wonder Woman has other Egyptian villains: King Aknaten in the Golden Age, and Queen Mikra in the Silver age. The latter had some sort of connection to sphinxes. Maybe all three could be revamped as a unit?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Turns out Wonder Woman has other Egyptian villains: King Aknaten in the Golden Age, and Queen Mikra in the Silver age. The latter had some sort of connection to sphinxes. Maybe all three could be revamped as a unit?
    Oh yeah~ I remember those!
    King Aknaten was this egyptian villain who popped back to life out of the blue along with hundreds of servants and soldiers. He revealed that the ancient egyptians were a super advanced scientifically advanced humans who had traveled the stars and used gravity beams to create the pytamids. Having rearisen, Aknaten declared that the world would once more be ruled by Egypt so he pulled some mind control schtick on Proffessor Chemico (Holliday college teacher) to make the doctor invent a chemical which would turn the worlds oxygen into fire, killing everyone in mere minutes. Upon being defeated by Wonder Woman, his followers all turned into little clay figures and some bird with his head flew at him and he turned into a pile of ash and bandages.

And Queen Mikra was one of the many women who looked like Wonder Woman. This one having magical powers and an army of sphinx which were magically invulnerable to anything except eachother, and could fire lasers from their eyes which could either kill or restore to life whatever they hit. Her goal being to take over the world, its revealed she looked into the future and found out how cool the future would be so she put herself into a magical stasis to wake up later when the world would be a more worthy prize.

Though if were tossing in other Egyptian types theres also Hefnakhhti, Osiras husband who had crash landed onto Earth along with her and had the same set of powers. Though he had been killed off by 'Anankh' the high priest of the Egyptian gods who was bid to free the world from their control. Oh, and he happened to look identical to Steve Trevor