Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Default Nightwing The New Order

I didn't want to post in the other threads mostly due to spoilers but how is this series? Worth pick up?

So far is okay, don't want to spoil it for you. But if you are a Nightwing fan you would like it.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Depends on what your expectations of a Nightwing book are. If you're a more traditional Nightwing fan who enjoys all that comes with that then its probably not for you. If, on the other hand, you enjoy a Nightwing whose been taken out of his comfort zone so to speak and who is doing some rather unexpected things then The New Order might be what you're looking for. I prefer it to the current Nightwing book myself because I'm finding it to be far more intriguing then the regular Nightwing book which I dropped months ago. YMMV though.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

If you turn your braing long enougth with the sligthly shaky promise, is a decent read.

It's currently one of the better Elseworlds stories out right now, and as far as "bad future" stories go, it's one of the few that take the time to actually craft out character motivations instead of rushing immediately to its conflict.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Buying the first one today after seeing what you guys said. I love Nightwing so this will be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    It's currently one of the better Elseworlds stories out right now, and as far as "bad future" stories go, it's one of the few that take the time to actually craft out character motivations instead of rushing immediately to its conflict.
    Yep. Latest issue finally revealed the "why". And it actually makes sense.

Overall, a pretty solid series, though if you want a more light-hearted Nightwing, may not be for you. This is a more jaded one, but still cares deeply for those close to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yep. Latest issue finally revealed the "why". And it actually makes sense.

Overall, a pretty solid series, though if you want a more light-hearted Nightwing, may not be for you. This is a more jaded one, but still cares deeply for those close to him.
    Agreed, I don't think it will be regarded as a classic, but it's been a great read overall. Very straight-forward and clean storytelling. The reveal in this penultimate issue paints Clark's "Why?" from earlier in the series in a new light, it was very neat.

Ok, I admit it, I was too quick at judging this story. My enjoyment considerably spiked with #4 and by now I almost dread this mini coming to an end with next issue, since I'd like to see so much more of this Elseworld and I'd hate if the climax were rushed -- but I'll try to keep a positive outlook anyway.

While I still wonder why (Blue Lantern) Lois Lane was chosen as Raven's replacement in what is substantially a Wolfman & Pérez's Titans' reunion, the last two issues have featured two real gems, as far as I'm concerned:
    - a depiction of a depowered Superman that avenges the dreadful one from JLA: Act of God (bonus points for the apparent definitive reconciliation between Clark and Lex, who really rocks that mechanical arm);
    - Koriand'r being shown as a complex character! For a superheroine that has too often been reduced to a stereotype, the wonderfully messed-up way she relates to her family (and the way they relate to her) was a breath of fresh air.