Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Default The Fate of the Four Ongoing Discussion Thread (Ongoing Spoilers)

The mystery of the Fantastic Four and what will happen to them is seemingly seeded in lots of books right now. After Secret Wars, Reed, Sue, and the kids went off to explore the multiverse while Ben Grimm became an Agent of SHIELD and Johnny Storm hooked up with the Royal family and became a member of the Avengers Unity Squad. However, the Richards were nowhere to be found.

This changed with Marvel Legacy, which used Valeria Richards as a narrator and hinted at her return. A surprise tie-in is Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #25 - Fantastic Three part one, which shows that Lunella has been searching for the Richards as well. It's hard to say where exactly that will go because Moon Girl's target demographic tends to keep the book in its own corner, but my understanding is she'll appear in Two-in-One as well. Obviously, Marvel Two-in-One is the big book on this subject since that's the inspiration for this thread title.

So what do people think of the brief teases we've seen so far? Did I leave any out? Where do you think the next tease will be? Do you think this is ultimately going somewhere or, just that, teases?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

With the Fox/Disney deal seemingly around the corner I definitely think these are not just teases anymore. I definitely think we will be seeing the return of the Fantastic Four in a spectacular event. And not only will we see them in the comics, but surely video games and toys, as well.

As far as Marvel Legacy #1 and Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #25 are concerned, I am just so happy to see Johnny and Ben together again. Seeing even half of the team together makes me smile. I love these characters so much and I cannot wait to see them all reunite. I missed my Suzie.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The mystery of the Fantastic Four and what will happen to them is seemingly seeded in lots of books right now. After Secret Wars, Reed, Sue, and the kids went off to explore the multiverse while Ben Grimm became an Agent of SHIELD and Johnny Storm hooked up with the Royal family and became a member of the Avengers Unity Squad. However, the Richards were nowhere to be found.

This changed with Marvel Legacy, which used Valeria Richards as a narrator and hinted at her return. A surprise tie-in is Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #25 - Fantastic Three part one, which shows that Lunella has been searching for the Richards as well. It's hard to say where exactly that will go because Moon Girl's target demographic tends to keep the book in its own corner, but my understanding is she'll appear in Two-in-One as well. Obviously, Marvel Two-in-One is the big book on this subject since that's the inspiration for this thread title.

So what do people think of the brief teases we've seen so far? Did I leave any out? Where do you think the next tease will be? Do you think this is ultimately going somewhere or, just that, teases?
    Thanks for the update on the various appearances of FF because they have happened in books I don't read. Good to hear they will be back.

Astonishing Member

Maybe the next one will be in either Secret Warriors or Champions. Secret Warriors cause it being an Inhuman team book that has Moon Girl in it, as for Champions that is more towards the Future Foundation who are almost all missing as well, since both teams involved more of trying to change the world in a progressive manner.

all depends on the rights deal, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Maybe the next one will be in either Secret Warriors or Champions. Secret Warriors cause it being an Inhuman team book that has Moon Girl in it, as for Champions that is more towards the Future Foundation who are almost all missing as well, since both teams involved more of trying to change the world in a progressive manner.
    I don't think it'll be Secret Warriors just because there isn't likely to be time before it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    all depends on the rights deal, imo.
    The stuff we've seen has been in development for months. I don't personally believe these teases have been without a purpose.

BTW, it occurs to me that there's a bit in Power Pack 63, although just a reference to Alex Powers being out there as well.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Yeah, Secret Warriors seems to be ending after the current arc. Though that Marvel Rising animated film announcement makes me think perhaps a retool is on the cards instead? It does include three members of the current team.

By the time Fantastic Three and Fate of the Four (Marvel Two-In-One) are done, we should know what's happening with the FF.

I always wonder if (I myself believe that the seeds of some secret deal have been going on for a year or more) someone will decide or think

the FF should be a high quality (but not Netflix) TV show, or a new animated version. If they could only come back in TV, due to family-natured, blah-blah, I prefer live action.

I would miss them if they could never be on the big screen the way I've always wanted.

Astonishing Member

Someone should let Marvel know not to cancel Secret Warriors since it has to many characters in it that make sense to play a role in the F4 (Fantastic Four) and FF (Future Foundation) return in diferent ways: Moon Girl now smartest person on earth who also wants to be part of the FF, Karnak a member of the Royal family who have close ties to the F4, Ms. Marvel whose Champions is started on slimier grounds to the FF, not a main member of Warriors but playing a role is Ahura who is a member of the FF.

Like maybe different books will have a self contained arcs that will all lead up to the F4s return event.

Astonishing Member

Oh just thought of another comic that could have a build up arc is runaways, since Karolina Dean girlfriend is Julie Power a Runaways Power Pack arc could work. Since Alex is missing it could have some missing family theme which is what motivates the Runaways to use what is left of the Pride's resources to help find Alex and by extension the F4 and FF.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Hmmmm ... The Fateful Four. Not a bad name for a homage group.

Astonishing Member

The stuff we've seen has been in development for months. I don't personally believe these teases have been without a purpose.

BTW, it occurs to me that there's a bit in Power Pack 63, although just a reference to Alex Power being out there as well.
    Very valid point and I was wondering if anyone noticed that special moment within POWER PACK#63

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Oh just thought of another comic that could have a build up arc is runaways, since Karolina Dean girlfriend is Julie Power a Runaways Power Pack arc could work. Since Alex is missing it could have some missing family theme which is what motivates the Runaways to use what is left of the Pride's resources to help find Alex and by extension the F4 and FF.
    Very good theory........oooorrrrr is it; considering what was previously hinted by Ms. Rowell about the two MU characters who {individually} connected with the Runaways........

With the changes in Disney's corporate structure and the IPs Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment can use in live action, do people think this will speed up, slow down, or have no effect on their roadmap here? After all, Disney's acquisition will probably take about 18 months. Would Marvel delay any return for 18 months? Would they want it to be sooner? What do you think the timeline is here.

BANNED

With the changes in Disney's corporate structure and the IPs Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment can use in live action, do people think this will speed up, slow down, or have no effect on their roadmap here? After all, Disney's acquisition will probably take about 18 months. Would Marvel delay any return for 18 months? Would they want it to be sooner? What do you think the timeline is here.
    I think the FF were coming back regardless. I think the groundwork was already being laid down with Legacy and Marvel 2 in 1 so I don't think anything will really change. I think the course was already decided for a return sometime in 2018. This certainly doesn't hurt, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I think the FF were coming back regardless. I think the groundwork was already being laid down with Legacy and Marvel 2 in 1 so I don't think anything will really change. I think the course was already decided for a return sometime in 2018. This certainly doesn't hurt, though.
    I agree. The FF were always coming back and the time necessary to accomplish that is months so it's doubtful marvel would have suddenly decided "oooo, let's bring them back now." The Fantastic Three story in Moon Girl and the new MTIO are certainly signs Marvel's serious about this coming sooner rather than later.