Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So happy about this fact. Actually, the fact that it's lunella doing the searching is interesting. Have to wonder if she's going to be friends with Val and Frank when they get back.

Could the FF be getting the silver FCBD issue? The gold one is Avengers and Captain America, so I figure it'd be two of either FF, Iron Man, or a Spider-Man for the silver one.

Astonishing Member

Well, Today's MARVEL 2-IN-ONE #1 is now released....so let the discussion begins.........

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I really enjoyed this story. It was very touching. I thought Dr. Doom was the perfect voice for today's Doom. He was still the Doom of old with a conscious desire to not be that Doom. It wasn't so much he was nice and slipped up occasionally. He was the old Doom but could manage to debase himself into being a better person. He even apologized for what he considered a minor transgression.

This thread is about ongoing spoilers (obviously, not for future books, but current books). It's clear that Ben remembers up to the incursion, but it doesn't appear he remembers beyond it. The inconsistency between characters is fascinating, but seems mostly plot-driven. It's sad to see how far the two remaining members have fallen and I'm looking forward to them picking themselves back up.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

An Interview with Brevoort on 2-in-One and the Fantastic Four:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/...antastic-four/
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

A couple notes from the interview.

One, Ben doesn't remember what happened and isn't lying. I'd love Marvel to have someone who has read every book to discuss the consequences of Secret Wars come up with a unified theory. Obviously, some people remember more than others. I wonder if anyone remembers everything vs. hazy recollections.

Second, Brevoort is more bold here. When he was Baltimore Comic Con, he said "if you're looking for a place where the Fantastic Four might return, this book might be a good place to look." Here he's saying "This is a Fantastic Four book." In fairness, Legacy had not yet come out at the time and, when he shared his preview copy with audience members, pages were deliberately omitted. There might be no greater explanation than him being able to reveal more after Legacy.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Johnny's moodiness and depression in Two In One doesn't mesh with Uncanny Avengers. He was all smiles there. And having failed to get back the Baxter Building (it was sold to a condo developer before he got his inheritance - it's going to be demolished!), he instead bought Avengers Mansion and created a shell company to run it. Johnny seems quite happy to stay with the Avengers and is getting close to Rogue (hell, if they do find Reed and Sue, maybe Johnny will double duty and be on one of the new Avengers rosters in May, despite the Fantastic Four reuniting).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Johnny's moodiness and depression in Two In One doesn't mesh with Uncanny Avengers. He was all smiles there. And having failed to get back the Baxter Building (it was sold to a condo developer before he got his inheritance - it's going to be demolished!), he instead bought Avengers Mansion and created a shell company to run it. Johnny seems quite happy to stay with the Avengers and is getting close to Rogue (hell, if they do find Reed and Sue, maybe Johnny will double duty and be on one of the new Avengers rosters in May, despite the Fantastic Four reuniting).
    Peter said to Ben that Johnny is hiding his feelings, as he's all smiles when Peter is around but his face changes he thinks no ones looking. That fits with his depiction in Uncanny, he took losing the Baxter Building a little too easy for me but it could easily be him hiding his sadness like with Peter. It's all just a facade.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Peter said to Ben that Johnny is hiding his feelings, as he's all smiles when Peter is around but his face changes he thinks no ones looking. That fits with his depiction in Uncanny, he took losing the Baxter Building a little too easy for me but it could easily be him hiding his sadness like with Peter. It's all just a facade.
    I suppose that could be the case but it was jarring to read Uncanny Avengers first and then read Marvel 2 in One. But if you had read Johnny's appearance in Infamous Iron Man a few months ago then it does make sense for him to be that way when he's with Ben. Ben would understand how he feels about on how on hand he's trying to move on with his life and then on the other not knowing for sure what happened to Reed, Sue and the kids. They sort of dance around saying that they think they're dead but it's the not knowing that is really getting to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I suppose that could be the case but it was jarring to read Uncanny Avengers first and then read Marvel 2 in One. But if you had read Johnny's appearance in Infamous Iron Man a few months ago then it does make sense for him to be that way when he's with Ben. Ben would understand how he feels about on how on hand he's trying to move on with his life and then on the other not knowing for sure what happened to Reed, Sue and the kids. They sort of dance around saying that they think they're dead but it's the not knowing that is really getting to them.
    Maybe it helps that I read 2-in-one first?
    What did you think of Doom in the issue? I personally liked that his language seemed to revert to his evil days at times, yet he seemed to be genuinely trying to be better it's just that old habits die hard.

Astonishing Member

What did you think of Doom in the issue? I personally liked that his language seemed to revert to his evil days at times, yet he seemed to be genuinely trying to be better it's just that old habits die hard.
    That's so true for Victor Von Doom......especially when you consider the overall history with him & the F4.

All-New Member

So what was with Sue having a Hydra logo on her uniform in that flashback?

Quote Originally Posted by Loner View Post
    So what was with Sue having a Hydra logo on her uniform in that flashback?
    It's a SHIELD logo, she was a part of it in those days.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Maybe it helps that I read 2-in-one first?
    Yes, there were a few indications that he's backsliding a bit. As PaxHouse says a lot has to do with their overall history. Ben is the only FF member he's encountered since becoming Infamous Iron Man and Ben has been highly resistent to listening to anything Doom has to say. Could be Doom's patience has run out with him. And he did make a bit of an insulting crack about Reed's inventions being inconsequential

I thought Zdarsky’s Doom sounded too confusing, going from Infamous Iron Man to full on Doom. I can understand Ben being cautious with Doom because Doom sets traps all the time, so I can see Ben not trusting anything Doom gives him, and Doom should understand that too. It’s sort of like a chess game -

I’ll give you a sabotaged item
    I know you sabotaged that item
    I know you know, but I’m giving it to you anyway. I think you’ll use it anyway, because you’re a sucker.
    You may think I’m a sucker, but when you spring your trap I’ll be ready.