Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Default New Justice League Action short! Diana and Supergirl!

Nice to see Diana mentoring Kara!

Downside? Man! They are just determined to play this "Man-hater Hippolyta" thing to death!

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

How is it the comics and movie didn't have a man hater but the animated series will do a man-hater

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    How is it the comics and movie didn't have a man hater but the animated series will do a man-hater
    Because it seems like most of the people working on these cartoons have no idea what Wonder Woman's world is actually like. They also love to put her against Felix Faust when they have never even interacted in her comics.

Eh, I honestly consider it funny tbh

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Because it seems like most of the people working on these cartoons have no idea what Wonder Woman's world is actually like. They also love to put her against Felix Faust when they have never even interacted in her comics.
    I honestly don't think it's supposed to be taking that serious. Her mom in SHG is cool with men.

BANNED

It's only this show thats doing it, and maybe they felt it just worked for the character to have some foibles... like quite often Hippolyta is depicted without that much personality to her, all she is sort of begins and ends with 'Diana's mother' and 'queen'.

As for Faust... I just find it amusing for some reason that there are 2 women in this episode and one guy, and he is the only one in a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I honestly don't think it's supposed to be taking that serious. Her mom in SHG is cool with men.
    Oh, I'm not that bothered by it (I don't really follow this cartoon much honestly). It just seems to be a running theme that the writers of DC cartoons don't seem to get Wonder Woman or her world. Just look at Justice League: Diana was a mess, her villains had virtually nothing to do with her, and rarely was anything from the WW comics used in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Eh, I honestly consider it funny tbh
    Yes, very much so

I like Kara's boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It's only this show thats doing it, and maybe they felt it just worked for the character to have some foibles... like quite often Hippolyta is depicted without that much personality to her, all she is sort of begins and ends with 'Diana's mother' and 'queen'.

As for Faust... I just find it amusing for some reason that there are 2 women in this episode and one guy, and he is the only one in a dress.
    Though Supergirl and Wonder Woman are both wearing skirts.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I like Kara's boots.
    She borrowed them from a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Faust on this show has had very little direct contact with Wonder Woman up to this point.

This show also actually used Circe and treated her as a serious threat, so I don't think the writers have absolutely no idea about Wonder Woman and her world.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Faust on this show has had very little direct contact with Wonder Woman up to this point.

This show also actually used Circe and treated her as a serious threat, so I don't think the writers have absolutely no idea about Wonder Woman and her world.
    Yep. I think this is the first time Diana and Faust have met. Faust's previous appearance pitted him against Zatanna, Batman, and Etrigan.

And seriously, JLA Circe may be the best Circe ever!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yep. I think this is the first time Diana and Faust have met. Faust's previous appearance pitted him against Zatanna, Batman, and Etrigan.
    There was that episode where he made the Trinity forget their Superhero identities (leading to an appearance by Diana Prince), but that wasn't solely aimed at Wonder Woman.

And seriously, JLA Circe may be the best Circe ever!
    She was pretty fun .

I especially loved how the episode didn't end with Circe getting beaten senseless.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was mainly talking about other cartoons. Faust was sorta portrayed as a Wonder Woman villain in the Justice League animated series despite having no relevance to her in the comics.