Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I'm curious about the new guy Exile and the team's different-ish. Maybe this movie will get me to like inferno? He's alright but just feels bland compared to the other inhumans.

As someone who did buy the Avengers Academy comic when it came out, i do wish they were still being used.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-07-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm curious about the new guy Exile and the team's different-ish. Maybe this movie will get me to like inferno? He's alright but just feels bland compared

As someone who did buy the Avengers Academy comic when it came out, i do wish they were still being used.
    His characterization sounds a bit different from his comic personality (at least of what I've read of him).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope Marvel Animation's in-house studio isn't working on this.

I like the promotional art but I've been fooled before (looking at you Marvel's Spider-Man) .

Exactly this.

American commercial comic animation has been stuck in square, blocky, jerky 1960's mode for the past 50 years. It's really strange how little innovation and how poor the quality is.

The Japanese make American commercial animators look like kindergartners playing with crayons before naptime. The difference is that extreme ... no joke.

As many others I'm not very fond of the "Ghost-Spider" thing for Spider-Gwen, I find it kinda odd.

Despite that, I'm kinda excited about this and hopefully animation will be better (we'll have to wait till they release a trailer to get a glimpse)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    As many others I'm not very fond of the "Ghost-Spider" thing for Spider-Gwen, I find it kinda odd.

Despite that, I'm kinda excited about this and hopefully animation will be better (we'll have to wait till they release a trailer to get a glimpse)
    It's so clunky reading "Ghost Spider" in the description. It just doesn't roll off the tongue like Spider-Woman .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post

Unless that is being done for something else later on.

To me that name screams something from Metal Gear or some war movie. Maybe that is something being planned and Marvel wants the name before anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Unless that is being done for something else later on.

To me that name screams something from Metal Gear or some war movie. Maybe that is something being planned and Marvel wants the name before anyone else.
    The only reason I can think of them wanting Gwen to have a different codename is if there are some plans for Jessica Drew as Spider-Woman, but unless she's in Captain Marvel I don't see that happening.

It just feels as clunky and unnecessary as Kid-Arachnid. And Miles is the one with the camouflage/ghost powers .

Couldn't they just have went with Spider Girl actually? I doubt they want to push any character with that name anyway.

Looks like this is getting a big-screen release!

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/...animated-film/

Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors will launch first as a series of six four-minute digital shorts, with the full film coming to the screen in 2018. Marvel director of content and character development Sana Amanat personally can't wait to see these new stars take hold with young fans.
    Quake will be voiced by the woman who plays her in AOS!

The Marvel powerhouse Miss America will be voiced by Cierra Ramirez, while Milana Vayntrub will portray the lovable Squirrel Girl, and she couldn't be happier.
    "[I] feel like a lot women will feel represented and impassioned by this badass young woman who wants to make the world a better place," Vayntrub said. She's especially happy that the character isn't simply "for the male gaze. And it's not about, 'Will my crush like me after this?' There's more dimension to [Squirrel Girl] than being a babe."
    Agents of SHIELD star Chloe Bennet will be reprising her role as Quake, while Dove Cameron will voice Ghost-Spider, the secret codename of Spider-Gwen. The cast will also feature Tyler Posey as Inferno, Kamil McFadden as Patriot, Kim Raver as Captain Marvel, and Booboo Stewart as Exile, alongside sidekicks Tippy Toe and Lockjaw, who will be voiced by Dee Bradley Baker. The team will be facing off against another Agents of SHIELD veteran in Ming-Na Wen, who will play the part of the formidable Hala.

"Most of the people on this movie are these really powerful [women] who are still trying to figure out their powers, but they do it in a really cool way, where they're kind of clumsy at first," Posey said. "But they do it in a really heroic, genuine way, and I think a lot of young girls will take something from that."
    Stewart is equally excited to be a part of the landmark project. "To just be a part of this new wave of superheroes and to have women at the forefront of that ... I feel like it's great that young kids are just going to grow up with it," Stewart said.

Who is Jayshockblast?
    Guy who loves Deadpool, darkhawk and nova and hates sq. (who beat Deadpool twice! Maybe that's why he hates her?) He is known for his hate of her.

Last edited by Gaastra; 12-07-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Wait a second. This must have been in development for a awhile. Is it possible Rayshaun Lucas was created for this show?

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogvampire View Post
    Awesome! This sounds great so far. The art looks nice too. I think these are a cool batch of characters, I only really know Quake and Ms. Marvel but I'm interested in getting to know the others. Its also nice that Chloe Bennet is going to be Quake in this series too.
    Squirrel Girl is also voiced by the actress who's gonna play her on the New Warriors show.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Are any of the Avengers Academy kids even still alive?
    i know that half of them died in that battle royale thing but that means nothing to a cartoon. It doesnt even mean anything to the comic world since they can be brought back in a whole mess of different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    Academy kids aren't boring, bland and do not use estabilished characters as a crutch so they do not fit into the current marketing push.
    Actually, wasnt Finesse Taskmaster's daughter? And Hazmat is kinda like a young girl version of Radioactive man.

But still, they are different enough to not be what we have here with version 12 of spider-man version 7 of captain america, by the way, why do they have a Patriot and America in the same team? Dont they have the same theme as heroes?

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Wait a second. This must have been in development for a awhile. Is it possible Rayshaun Lucas was created for this show?
    Now there's an idea ... If anything, they must have made the decision to put him in this while he was still in the process of being fleshed out.

Early look.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Couldn't they just have went with Spider Girl actually? I doubt they want to push any character with that name anyway.
    Ghost Spider or Spider-Girl/Woman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like this is getting a big-screen release!

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/...animated-film/
    Hopefully that means feature-length level animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    He's probably the newest character that's in this, but I feel like he was too important to Spencer's endgame to have just been created for this, but I imagine Marvel was always looking to make a Patriot they could market that didn't have the rights baggage Eli apparently does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Actually, wasnt Finesse Taskmaster's daughter? And Hazmat is kinda like a young girl version of Radioactive man.
    They brought up the possibility but never confirmed one way or another.