Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The animation and coloring definitely look a lot better then in most Marvel cartoons. Some of the designs and shots look a little unrefined, but still better then your average Marvel cartoon .
    Agreed on all counts. But it still looks terrible compared to DC cartoons, which makes me sad. I'm not a cartoon guy but I have two little kids, one of which is a daughter who adores (friggin ADORES) DC's Super Hero Girls, and she is really interested in this too. So I'm gonna have to watch it no matter what.

Whatevs, I don't demand high-end graphics for my video games, I don't need high-end animation for my cartoons. And it does look like it'll be fun. My daughter and wife both laughed at Gwen chasing the squirrel around.

I love this idea, and I really like the roster. I just wish it was on a "Young Justice" or "DCSHG" level of animation quality instead of the Marvel level.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

SDCC Panel Coverage:
    Dove Cameron spoke about voicing Gwen Stacy/Ghost Spider, saying her role in the show hinges on Gwen's relationship with her father, Captain Stacy, and his mistrust for her alter ego.

Chloe Bennett reprises her role as Quake for Marvel Rising. "She more purple in this series!" she joked.

Bennett described the show's version of Quake/Daisy Johnson as younger and less moody than Agents of SHIELD's version.

Milana Vayntrub spoke about Squirrel Girl, saying she "gets goosebumps" when she thinks about being part of the Marvel Universe.

"What I love about Squirrel Girl is that she's unabashedly goofy but also smart, and strong."

Vayntrub jokingly asked if there were any squirrels in the audience - and there is a Squirrel Girl cosplayer here.

Kathreen Kavari said the difference between Kamala Khan's portrayal in this show is different from her appearances in Avengers Assemble because she's with a group of fellow inexperienced heroes.

Khavari's husband is here, dressed as Ms. Marvel.

Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl are best friends in the series.

Kamil McFadden spoke about playing Patriot, saying he relates to the character's determination, saying he relates to Patriot having to work hard to prove he's a hero even without super powers.

Patriot is a SHIELD agent working with Captain America in the show.

Marvel Animation SVP Cort Lane spoke about the growing audience of women and girls for superheroes, speaking with many fans to learn what they wanted from a female-focused cartoon.

Sana Amanat spoke about co-creating Kamala Khan, saying it's important to her and to Marvel to represent all kinds of people. "Surprise - girls like characters that are powerful and look just like them!"

She spoke about the need for authenticity in the portrayal of the characters.
    Marsha Griffin spoke about developing the show, saying it was important to focus on the characters rather than the action or the bells and whistles of many superhero stories.

"We wanted to tell a story not about the world coming to an end, but about the world outside your window."

"When I was younger, I saw plenty of stories with male supeheroes, and I had no trouble identifying with them. Now we have this series and film that's primarily female focused, I'm really exited for men and boys to identify with these characters," said Vayntrub, who said she feels putting yourself in the shoes of characters with other experiences helps us learn about the world and make it a better place.
    Mairghread Scott said her inspiration for writing Kamala and Doreen was her relationship with her college roommate, with whom she moved to New York as a young age.

"I didin't want these characters to be like the jock and the brain, I wanted them to be more than that."

"This isn't a girls' show, where the guy characters are just pushed to the side," Scott explained, saying she relates best to Patriot from the cast.

The first short focused on Ghost Spider escaping the police in a scene reminiscent of the 90s Spider-Man cartoon - right down to cops wielding laser guns.

It culminates in Captain Stacy asking Patriot and Quake to bring Ghost Spider in.

From there, Gwen almost gets caught in costume by her bandmates who arrive for rehearsal.

Ghost Spider's reputation as a villain stems from the death of her friend Kevin.

(Kevin is a dead ringer for Peter Parker)

The real killers are a group of mysterious villains.

The short ends with Patriot trying to capture Spider-Gwen, but she eludes him.

And that's it for the first short.

Cierra Ramirez will appear as America Chavez in the series. Tyler Posey plays Inferno, while Booboo Stewart plays Exile. Kim Rayner is playing Captain Marvel, while Dee Bradley Baker plays Tippy-Toe the Squirrel and Lockjaw, while Agents of SHIELD's Ming-Na Wen plays the villain Hala, a Kree Accuser.

The shorts premiere Monday August 13, on Disney XD, while the feature length Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors premieres this fall.

Here comes the second short - preceded by Marvel giving out foam "Embiggen!" hands to celebrate the show.

In the second short, Squirrel Girl and Kamala Khan team up to go after Ghost Spider.
    Tippy Toe keeps biting through all of Ghost Spider's weblines so she can't escape. It's pretty funny.

Squirrel Girl's portrayal is pitch perfect.

Squirrel Girl is narrating the adventure, Batman 66 style.

Ms. Marvel grew to the size of a building, and Squirrel Girl led Ghost Spider on a chase up her legs.

They've decided to fight "anime style," with Squirrel Girl calling out her "super moves."

In classic superhero team up style, they've decided to talk it out - when Squirrel Girl summoned an army of squirrels to trap her.

Chloe Bennet teased the potential for Marvel Rising characters to appear in live action - with Vayntrub saying she'd love for Squirrel Girl to show up on Agents of SHIELD.

New comic announced, and despite the cover having Gwen on it, apparently Miles has been substituted?
    https://www.newsarama.com/43121-marv...his-march.html

This March, a titanic team-up arrives in the form of an all-new adventure with the unbeatable duo of Kamala Khan and Doreen Green! But even heroes need a little help sometimes! Join Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl along with Spider-Man Miles Morales, Dante Pertuz (a.k.a. Inferno), America Chavez, and Daisy Johnson (a.k.a. Quake) for an all-new action packed adventure this March in MARVEL RISING #1!

Written by Dwayne McDuffie Award winning writer Nilah Magruder, best known for her web comic M.F.K. and Marvel’s A Year of Marvels, and featuring art by Roberto Di Salvo (Marvel Zombies, Marvel Adventures Spider-Man) with covers by rising star Audrey Mok (Josie and the Pussycats, Archie), the brand new story follows Kamala and Doreen as they attempt to stop sorceress Morgan le Fay from turning New Jersey…into New Camelot! Don’t miss the return of the team-up that Comicbook.com has called “a charming adventure full of humor, inspired battles, and delightful visuals” – a team-up that has captured the hearts of comic readers around the world, and one that is now returning for an all-new Marvel Universe adventure!

Join in on the action when MARVEL RISING #1 in comic shops this March, and don’t forget to watch Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors, now on Marvel HQ!

MARVEL RISING #1 (of 5)
    Written by NILAH MAGRUDER
    Art by ROBERTO DI SALVO
    Cover by AUDREY MOK
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'm assuming Miles got mislabeled for that.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

It's nice to see Audrey Mok doing Big Two work .

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm assuming Miles got mislabeled for that.
    I don't think he has been. Unlike the cartoon, the Rising comics are set in 616. Gwen's an AU character, which would explain why she's been subbed out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman