Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors animated movie

Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors has been announced, starring Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Patriot (Rayshaun Lucas), America Chavez, Squirrel Girl, Inferno, Quake, and Ghost Spider (Spider-Gwen with Gwenpool's hair and a new codename for some reason).
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/susancheng/marvel-rising

Daisy and Doreen are played by their MCU actors. A few of the others use their VAs from Avengers and Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-07-2017 at 11:27 AM.

I hope Marvel Animation's in-house studio isn't working on this.

I like the promotional art but I've been fooled before (looking at you Marvel's Spider-Man) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I like the promotional art but I've been fooled before (looking at you Marvel's Spider-Man) .
    Given it's a movie, I'm betting the animation will be a lot better

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Given it's a movie, I'm betting the animation will be a lot better
    "Frost Fight" and "Where Monsters Dwell" were also animated movies but only looked marginally better then the average Marvel cartoon (which isn't saying much).

But this seems a lot different from those movies so hopefully that speaks to the animation as well .

It might be the worst team Marvel ever put together.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

This looks interesting. Laying the ground work for a second generation of MCU heroes I guess, but Spider-Gwen seriously? *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    It might be the worst team Marvel ever put together.
    Well... I love it! Looking forward to this. Carol, Squirrel Girl, and MAC are some of my all0time fav Marvel characters. Kinda a shame they are mixing Spider-Gwen/Gwenpool together, but eh well.

On a random note... would have been nice to have She-Hulk involved. Oh well...

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Not sure why they turned Quake into Go Go...
    And Ghost Spider is a dumb name

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

This seems like a cool concept. I like the unconventional line-up. Hopefully it'll be more innovative than the stuff they've been doing on Disney XD.

I'm guessing the name change for Spidey is simply due to in-universe reasons. Like, in the comics, while her promotional name is Spider-Gwen, she goes by Spider-Woman in the actual stories for obvious reasons. So she probably needs a codename for those same reasons in this particular story and they came up with something different. Her hairstyle really makes me wish we had Gwenpool in this, though. She's just a perfect character for an animation.

It's cool that the new Patriot is already getting exposure outside of comics, but I can't help but feel sad everytime I look at him because it just reminds me we're not getting Eli Bradley.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Not sure why they turned Quake into Go Go...
    And Ghost Spider is a dumb name
    I can think of two reasons for that name. Either it's changing in the comics, or Jessica Drew is in either this or the Miles Morales Spider-Man animation (which is apparently subtitled Enter the Spider-Verse), which would make the Spider-Woman name unavailable.

Go Go? You mean Yo Yo?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Exactly this.

American commercial comic animation has been stuck in square, blocky, jerky 1960's mode for the past 50 years. It's really strange how little innovation and how poor the quality is.

The Japanese make American commercial animators look like kindergartners playing with crayons before naptime. The difference is that extreme ... no joke.

As many others I'm not very fond of the "Ghost-Spider" thing for Spider-Gwen, I find it kinda odd.

Despite that, I'm kinda excited about this and hopefully animation will be better (we'll have to wait till they release a trailer to get a glimpse)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    As many others I'm not very fond of the "Ghost-Spider" thing for Spider-Gwen, I find it kinda odd.

Despite that, I'm kinda excited about this and hopefully animation will be better (we'll have to wait till they release a trailer to get a glimpse)
    It's so clunky reading "Ghost Spider" in the description. It just doesn't roll off the tongue like Spider-Woman .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post

Unless that is being done for something else later on.

To me that name screams something from Metal Gear or some war movie. Maybe that is something being planned and Marvel wants the name before anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Unless that is being done for something else later on.

To me that name screams something from Metal Gear or some war movie. Maybe that is something being planned and Marvel wants the name before anyone else.
    The only reason I can think of them wanting Gwen to have a different codename is if there are some plans for Jessica Drew as Spider-Woman, but unless she's in Captain Marvel I don't see that happening.

It just feels as clunky and unnecessary as Kid-Arachnid. And Miles is the one with the camouflage/ghost powers .