Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Are any of the Avengers Academy kids even still alive?
    Veil is depowered. Mettle is definitely dead. Reptil's fate was left uncertain. Finesse, Striker, and Hazmat are all alive and well, but obviously not appearing anywhere now.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Now there's an idea ... If anything, they must have made the decision to put him in this while he was still in the process of being fleshed out.
    Yeah, though the costume is the updated one that debuted in the Falcon series, rather than the original one from Spencer's books (which had more blue). They changed the costume after only a few months. I assumed it was Falcon's artist redesigning the characters, but this movie may have been the real reason.

BANNED

So, looks like this might be the last 'gift' from the Alonso era. More of the same failed ideas but too far into production to stop now.

Can't say that I've been impressed by the declining quality of Marvel's cartoons ever since the Disney takeover. We've fallen a long way from the 90s X-Men cartoon.

Ultimate Member

I can’t say I’m too interested in the line up. I’m also probably not the target audience.

The only thing I love about the line up is how diverse it is and how the “SJW hunters”and “no more diversity” people will tear their hair out.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I can’t say I’m too interested in the line up. I’m also probably not the target audience.

The only thing I love about the line up is how diverse it is and how the “SJW hunters”and “no more diversity” people will tear their hair out.
    I'm just hoping the animation and writing is a step-up from the regular cartoons.

And then if it is I'm going to complain about why the normal cartoons don't have this quality .

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It has been rumored there may be some legal or ownership issues with the Bradley family, which is why they never appear anymore. Not even in cameos. They couldn't be bothered to put Josiah X at War Machine's funeral and Isaiah doesn't even get cameos anymore.

No mutants.
    It's definitely a legal/rights thing with the Bradleys. In varying capacities, Kevin Grievoux wanted Isaiah for a Blue Marvel mini, Kieron Gillen wanted Eli for Young Avengers, and Coates wanted Josiah X for The Crew. All were told no. I have my own theories as to why, but it is what it is.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    (Quake, for example, just doesn't make sense to me on a team of mostly young superheroes.)
    Chloe Bennett says in the BTS video that Quake is younger in this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Who would've thought the new Patriot would be the next in line teenage black main characters to use? Then again Victor Alvarez is another solid choice.
    It's a really unexpected choice indeed. My theory is that Marvel is doing with Rayshaun everything they've wanted to do with Eli, but since it appears they just can't use him anymore, they've moved on. From Spencer's Captain America run to being the Falcon's new sidekick and now this new animation, I think all of this would've been Eli if it was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Kinda a shame they are mixing Spider-Gwen/Gwenpool together, but eh well.
    I don't think they are mixing the actual characters, but just the hairstyle. I really doubt Stacy is going to resemble Poole's personality in any way. They are very, very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    by the way, why do they have a Patriot and America in the same team? Dont they have the same theme as heroes?
    Not really. America just does the star-spangled style for show, as she's not even american. She's not even human! It's a Wonder Woman kind of situation. Patriot is the one who truly carries Captain America's legacy in a meaningful way. Not sure how much of that they will explore in this animation, though.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-07-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like this is getting a big-screen release!

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/...animated-film/
    So, it's a theatrical movie with a few prequel web shorts? Or are the "shorts" just the first act of the movie? And is this going to be a regular release or one of those special night/limited screening deals?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Quake will be voiced by the woman who plays her in AOS!
    Attachment 59111

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    So, looks like this might be the last 'gift' from the Alonso era. More of the same failed ideas but too far into production to stop now.
    Seeing as the movie hasn't even released yet, we have no way of knowing if it's a failed idea or not.

Can't say that I've been impressed by the declining quality of Marvel's cartoons ever since the Disney takeover. We've fallen a long way from the 90s X-Men cartoon.
    Maybe. On the other hand, this one could be a turning point (esp. if it is getting some kind of theatrical release).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Didn't you hear though? It's full of "failed ideas", ergo, it's a failed movie. Logic.

Anyway, a lot of characters I like on here, plus my #1 character, so I'm on board.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Chloe Bennett says in the BTS video that Quake is younger in this universe.
    Daisy has always been a younger hero in the comics. It's only AoS that bumped up her age to mid-20s to early 30s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Didn't you hear though? It's full of "failed ideas", ergo, it's a failed movie. Logic.

Anyway, a lot of characters I like on here, plus my #1 character, so I'm on board.
    Well, when these same characters can barely sell a comic the failure of this movie all but a forgone conclusion. Captain Marvel's comic gets cancelled seemingly every 18 months, despite constant relaunches from Marvel. While America might just be the most hated comic a mainstream publishers has produced in the last decade. These are not the names you wanted headlining the big push for Secret Warriors. Heck, if anything they'll probably just drag down Kamala with them.

Astonishing Member

Well, when these same characters can barely sell a comic the failure of this movie all but a forgone conclusion. Captain Marvel's comic gets cancelled seemingly every 18 months, despite constant relaunches from Marvel. While America might just be the most hated comic a mainstream publishers has produced in the last decade. These are not the names you wanted headlining the big push for Secret Warriors. Heck, if anything they'll probably just drag down Kamala with them.
    Well Captain Marvel was doing strong pre-Secret wars and at the beginning of ANAD then CW2 happen and well we all know how that went.

Good thing they are targetting a wider public than the couple of people who still read comics, then.

So, it's a theatrical movie with a few prequel web shorts? Or are the "shorts" just the first act of the movie? And is this going to be a regular release or one of those special night/limited screening deals?
    Yeah that's what I was asking. Is it a big hero 6 release or a killing joke 2 nights only release?

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Good thing they are targetting a wider public than the couple of people who still read comics, then.
    I'm sure kids of all ages will line up to watch the movie and buy toys of Inferno and America Chavez.

If they are seeking the Superhero Girls audience they are doing it wrong, even reusing the plot, characterization and designs of the Avengers Academy mobile game would be a better option.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

You know why they didn't? That would mean pushing the Janet van Dyne version of Wasp. Which doesn't match the MCU or cartoons, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Daisy has always been a younger hero in the comics. It's only AoS that bumped up her age to mid-20s to early 30s.
    Yeah, wasn't she director of SHIELD at only 18 years old, just a few years ago? Even in the current Secret Warriors comic I doubt she's older than 21. The original Secret Warriors, except for mentor Nick Fury, were all teenagers. AOS aged her up to match Chloe's age.