Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Yeah that's what I was asking. Is it a big hero 6 release or a killing joke 2 nights only release?
    It is probably limited release like the Killing Joke.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know why they didn't? That would mean pushing the Janet van Dyne version of Wasp. Which doesn't match the MCU or cartoons, of course.

Yeah, wasn't she director of SHIELD at only 18 years old, just a few years ago? Even in the current Secret Warriors comic I doubt she's older than 21. The original Secret Warriors, except for mentor Nick Fury, were all teenagers. AOS aged her up to match Chloe's age.
    Plus comics flow of time is different from ours so ya people will be seen younger longer to match this.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This could've been a Young Avengers series tbh.

Also I can't stand NuQuake.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    I'm sure kids of all ages will line up to watch the movie and buy toys of Inferno and America Chavez.
    Who ever heard of the Big Hero 6 or The Incredibles before the movies got out?
    Who ever heard of a talking raccoon and a talking tree?

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    All those movies had the Disney/MCU branding on their favor, Marvel Animation do not have the same pull and unless they waste lots of money on marketing it will perform as good as the last DTV attempts at best.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Well, when these same characters can barely sell a comic the failure of this movie all but a forgone conclusion. Captain Marvel's comic gets cancelled seemingly every 18 months, despite constant relaunches from Marvel. While America might just be the most hated comic a mainstream publishers has produced in the last decade. These are not the names you wanted headlining the big push for Secret Warriors. Heck, if anything they'll probably just drag down Kamala with them.
    Guardians of the Galaxy shows that if the movie handles the characters right, the success or lack thereof of the source material doesn't matter. It's not a "forgone conclusion" that the new project will fail.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

So is Hala basically a female Ronan?

I know she was in Bendis' Guardians run and the Telltale Guardians game but she basically just sounds like a female Ronan from her description here.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I don't think they are mixing the actual characters, but just the hairstyle. I really doubt Stacy is going to resemble Poole's personality in any way. They are very, very different.
    In true Gwen Stacy fashion she's taking from someone else's style and making it her own .

The Incredibles was original, no source material (though I've seen plenty of comments calling it the best Fantastic Four movie).

The Incredibles was original, no source material (though I've seen plenty of comments calling it the best Fantastic Four movie).
    Yes, they were original. So are a lot of popular cartoons.
    Why it is that it's only when it's a cape comics adaptation that people are complaining that nobody knows the characters?
    Are people really going to say "it's not a comics I've read, so I'm not interested?".

Yeah, I think when it came out, the people making the actual Fantastic 4 movie reported were asking themselves something to the effect of: "How can we make a good F4 movie when Pixar beat us to the punch and set the bar so high?"
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The Incredibles were backed by the Pixar brand. And Big Hero 6 was more a Disney product than a Marvel product. Great quality both.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy shows that if the movie handles the characters right, the success or lack thereof of the source material doesn't matter. It's not a "forgone conclusion" that the new project will fail.
    Well the Guardians were popular in the comic world, they were unique characters, and in the movie the pretty much ignored comic stuff and turned them into something else.

How many of these 3 things do you think they are going to follow?

Maybe the last? If they do follow the last and they are essentially new character i can see it succeeding even though these are mostly copies.

Marvel execs: “Hey, let’s do DC Super Hero Girls, but with bad characters we still want to push because we’re incapable of recognizing failure and our mistakes.”
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This could've been a Young Avengers series tbh.
    In our wildest dreams, maybe. Marvel doesn't care about the Young Avengers as a group anymore. Seems like pushing Kate and America is where they drew the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Well the Guardians were popular in the comic world
    Were they, though? They had a cult following and a vocal fanbase but they were nowhere near as popular as they became after the movie.

I'm just glad that they didn't do the usual crap: pick up adult "iconic" overexposed characters and turn them into teenagers.