BANNED

Spectacular Member

The pages appear in reverse order on the web page. That was confusing me.

Incredible Member

Still really not feeling that Peter is so pro killing the symbiotie

Yea it really says something when, as a fan of Spider-Man, Peter is proving to be one of my least favorite elements of the crossover due to him being an asshole for no reason. Hell even Eddie Brock isn’t spared and he hasn’t done anything to Peter in ages.

Brock gets no sympathy from me.

How does Flash get his "anti-venom" outfit? Does he have mechanical legs now?

what does Peter do for a living now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    As readers, we have a very different perspective on the symbiote than Peter would. I don't blame for being like "Fu*k that thing."

As we know that there's no way the symbiote will actually be destroyed by Peter or anybody else, I don't mind Peter being adamantly against it. Plus, it's likely that during the course of this story he'll come around to seeing in a slightly different light.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

Peter works as the editor for The Daily Bugle's science section. Flash got his Anti-Venom suit from a failed attempt to separate the Venom symbiote from Eddie Brock combined with Spider-Man's attempt to destroy the symbiote for good with a chemical substance partially derived from the original Anti-Venom. As for how much sympathy Brock deserves after all he's done, that's very debatable, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    As readers, we have a very different perspective on the symbiote than Peter would. I don't blame for being like "Fu*k that thing."

As we know that there's no way the symbiote will actually be destroyed by Peter or anybody else, I don't mind Peter being adamantly against it. Plus, it's likely that during the course of this story he'll come around to seeing in a slightly different light.
    Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for, too, that he does develop a more balanced perspective on the symbiote, not necessarily absolving it, but recognizing that the host(s) may be as much to blame as the symbiote itself.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

You must not be up on Flash. Ok flash does use artifical legs. And while in symbiote form he also wheb not using the limbs can create some. Flash got the anti venom form in the venom Inc one shot aka part 1 of the crossover.

Peter works for the Daily Bugle
    X-Men Forever

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for, too, that he does develop a more balanced perspective on the symbiote, not necessarily absolving it, but recognizing that the host(s) may be as much to blame as the symbiote itself.
    Well, I think the symbiote is the only guilt-free party - it was driven completely insane by its experiences, and just like how mentally ill individuals aren't responsible for their actions, neither was the symbiote. After being cured in GotG, it was a bonafide hero and even apologized to Peter for what its hosts made it do. Which is why I find it strange Peter hates the symbiote more than Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

characters not being privy to the same information as the audience is the crux of most tragedies
    troo fan or death

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Well, I think the symbiote is the only guilt-free party - it was driven completely insane by its experiences, and just like how mentally ill individuals aren't responsible for their actions, neither was the symbiote. After being cured in GotG, it was a bonafide hero and even apologized to Peter for what its hosts made it do. Which is why I find it strange Peter hates the symbiote more than Brock.
    I think Peter finds it easier to blame the symbiote for twisting its hosts into monsters --- because that's what it tried to do to him in its damaged/"corrupted" state, according to more recent retcons --- rather than admit that Brock was a blame-shifting bastard already who used the symbiote as a means to exact his misguided revenge and it might have been him who twisted the symbiote, not the other way around. If he accepts that at all, he might also have to accept that whatever the symbiote brings out in its hosts, it was there already, and that could say something about himself that he might find very disturbing, hence his antipathy toward the symbiote.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    characters not being privy to the same information as the audience is the crux of most tragedies
    Indeed, it is.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post

Same. As I pointed out in another thread, Peter and the Symbiote patched things up over in Venom: Spaceknight. The thing that really annoys me is that Peter is so gung ho with killing the symbiote knowing it's a living sentient being. I'm pretty certain when they briefly rebonded that Peter saw it's experiences. I understand he's been through a lot lately, but he's being real "holier than thou" here.

I do have a feeling that this will end with all three of them coming to an understanding and not be so antagonistic, but yeah...Peter is being a dick

Astonishing Member

Cool preview.
    Looks like a cool story arc.
    Looking forward to get my copy.