Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default All-New Wolverine 28 Preview

BANNED

Oh crap, they used the Muramasa Blade to make BULLETS.

That's a sweet little bonding moment between Laura and Megan, too. This is the first time we've REALLY got to see them talk since Target X.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the SHRAPNEL from the rocket also Muramasa bits?

Loved the moment between Laura and Megan. Was waiting to see if we would get something like that in this arc and I'm not disappointed. Also glad eveyone isn't too hung up on Daken shooting down the fake mom cause that would've just been needless drama.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the SHRAPNEL from the rocket also Muramasa bits?

Loved the moment between Laura and Megan. Was waiting to see if we would get something like that in this arc and I'm not disappointed. Also glad eveyone isn't too hung up on Daken shooting down the fake mom cause that would've just been needless drama.
    I didn't notice the preview mentioning that either way. If it's not mentioned, that it's safe to assume that it's just normal shrapnel.

I know it's just a cover but I kind of want Laura to get a fight with an OoX swordsman, ending with her claws getting sliced off. It'd add to the hopelessness of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    I didn't notice the preview mentioning that either way. If it's not mentioned, that it's safe to assume that it's just normal shrapnel.
    Yeah. Plus the car just so happens to be red so that's probably the case.

Love these family moments with Laura. They bring out the best in her between her various over-the-top fight scenes.

I'm glad Taylor is bringing Laura's extended family back into the mix. After everything Kyle and Yost did to set them up, they kind of just fell to the wayside for a while. Given the emotional weight they gave Laura in becoming who she is now, that seems like an oversight and I'm glad Taylor is using them to amp up the drama.

Also, who else wants Daken to keep that shirt?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

This is getting good. We finally have enemy's that can counter healing. I wonder how muramasa shield/mirror will counter the sword.

Side note wouldn't it have been easier to use carbonadium, doesn't it fulfill the same purpose as the sword ?

This is EASILY rising into my top 2 Laura stories. The tension is rising. The drama is increasing. The support cast is tremendous. The art continues to impress. That smokey missile fwoom? What a clever SFX visual. The pallet is gorgeous and so provocative. I am just loving it.

And since I brought up the support cast (again, so rad) -- can I get the skinny from the Laura-fandom on Monsieur Daken?

He's been featured twice now within All New Wolverine, in a much less villainous capacity -- largely due to his unexpectedly strong affection FOR Laura. He's ALSO been featured twice within the Iceman solo -- much more so in the villainous or at the very least non-heroic-capacity many of us are more accustomed to. Would anyone classify this juxtaposition of behavior contradictory, or inconsistent, or would it be an appropriate observation to state that Daken IS essentially STILL an A-hole/villain-type who still runs by his own code of amoral, murderous, tendencies and manipulation, BUT.......has a soft spot for his quasi-sister Laura?

Everything remotely "noble" that he is doing within ANW is entirely based on his allegiance, for lack of a better word, TO Laura --- yes?
    Anyone with access to Taylor -- to confirm or deny this proposal -- would be greatly appreciated <wink wink nudge nudge>

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This is EASILY rising into my top 2 Laura stories. The tension is rising. The drama is increasing. The support cast is tremendous. The art continues to impress. That smokey missile fwoom? What a clever SFX visual. The pallet is gorgeous and so provocative. I am just loving it.

And since I brought up the support cast (again, so rad) -- can I get the skinny from the Laura-fandom on Monsieur Daken?

He's been featured twice now within All New Wolverine, in a much less villainous capacity -- largely due to his unexpectedly strong affection FOR Laura. He's ALSO been featured twice within the Iceman solo -- much more so in the villainous or at the very least non-heroic-capacity many of us are more accustomed to. Would anyone classify this juxtaposition of behavior contradictory, or inconsistent, or would it be an appropriate observation to state that Daken IS essentially STILL an A-hole/villain-type who still runs by his own code of amoral, murderous, tendencies and manipulation, BUT.......has a soft spot for his quasi-sister Laura?

Everything remotely "noble" that he is doing within ANW is entirely based on his allegiance, for lack of a better word, TO Laura --- yes?
    Anyone with access to Taylor -- to confirm or deny this proposal -- would be greatly appreciated <wink wink nudge nudge>
    It's pretty much the latter; Daken is still a selfish and manipulative dick, (I wouldn't call him an outright villain, tho. At his worst he tends to be more of an anti-villain) however Laura is one of the few people he genuinely cares about. It stems from the Liu series, where he develops a grudging respect for her ability to cut through his bullshit (Daken asks Laura why she holds herself back when she has so much more power than those around her, but she shuts him down when she flips the question on him by asking why HE holds back by not allowing himself to care). And it doesn't hurt they ultimately found they had a lot in common beyond that. It developed further during the Logan Legacy/Death of Wolverine, with Laura's willingness to stand by him after losing his healing factor, eye, and arm, and it's implied in part because he was deeply affected by Logan's death and she's his family (IIRC, there was always a measure of regret on Daken's part that he never truly got to know Logan as a father).

Taylor makes it pretty clear during Immune that Daken is only there for her. And what he's doing now is also because it's Laura. I'm sure if the OoX were after anyone else (particularly Sabretooth) he'd be letting the others fend for themselves.

Glad we finally got a Megan & Laura moment. I’m afraid for them, though, that one of them could become a casualty in this attack. It’s good to read an arc with tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Glad we finally got a Megan & Laura moment. I’m afraid for them, though, that one of them could become a casualty in this attack. It’s good to read an arc with tension.
    YUUUUUUUUUS.
    That detail of Megan being Mama-Bear'ed by her Mama when the car KRAKOOMS?? LOVELY detail. Dig it so hard. Those "acting" details are EVERYTHING.

A touching family moment loved it.

This comic was probably the most stable in terms of quality this year.

Wonder how many weapons or blades they can create from the sword?

BANNED

This is really good.

I like the little "Fwoom" in the smoke from the rocket...it's actually kind of funny.

and yes the shrapnel from the rocket looks like muramasa.

Waiting for someone, like Deadpool, to say "they tried to kill you with Mimosas!? Sweet!"

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    This is really good.

I like the little "Fwoom" in the smoke from the rocket...it's actually kind of funny.

and yes the shrapnel from the rocket looks like muramasa.

Waiting for someone, like Deadpool, to say "they tried to kill you with Mimosas!? Sweet!"
    Nah, these people want the satisfaction of the up close kill.
    That missile was just to disable their getaway -- the RED car.

I am now ALSO waiting for Deadpool to comment on Mimosa/Muramasa. ha ha ha

The Muramasa infused bullets could be seen coming from a mile away after those previews way back where the orphans we're loading up pistols in some execution type scene. But even though the previews gave it away, I welcome this with open arms. Now that the Orphans have the perfect weapons to do the deed, the stakes have only gotten higher. Laura is now no different than a squishy human to a bullet! 10/10 solid work from Taylor so far.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 12-08-2017 at 07:46 AM.