Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Justice League movie's failure prompts DCEU shakeup

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12...g-geoff-johns/

variety.com/2017/film/news/dc-films-justice-league-1202632214/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_HR5aZ3D7E

Don't touch Wan's Aquaman or Wondy 2 and everything is fine with me.

Good.

The DCEU needs a shakeup, and it needs it fast.

Man of Steel was just okay. Wonder Woman was great. Everything else has been terrible. Snyder needs to go.

Jon Hamm apparently wants to be the new Batman! I can't imagine anyone better.

https://screenrant.com/jon-hamm-batman-movie/

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Jon Hamm apparently wants to be the new Batman! I can't imagine anyone better.

https://screenrant.com/jon-hamm-batman-movie/
    I am kinda on the side of those that want Jake Gyllenhaal, but I'm not picky .

Wha...??? I find this highly suspect. Hamm has said on several occasions how he hates the idea of being shackled to a super-hero franchise. (I believe he called it "Draconian")

I personally wouldn't want Gyllenhall - I think he looks odd. Maybe he could be Riddler or Man-Bat or something. How about Joaquin Pheonix or Wes Bentley....?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-07-2017 at 06:01 PM.

not really a concern. the most they'd get out of him is 2 movies. I think they should go with Gyllenhaal; especially if they are going to stick with Leto (ewww) as the Joker.

The impact of the failure of the DCEU is lessened for me because of the EPIC stuff going on in the Berlantiverse. They are handling the heroes much better

BANNED

I think a good way to begin is to take a dozen main superhero characters, and select three or four of the classic comic book stories that currently exist for each character. The studio could map out an outline to serve as a framework for how each of these sets of stories fit together into a larger overarching DCEU story plan. The stories don’t have to all directly overlap with a larger story, but rather just make sure they don’t outright contradict one another, and allow for some crossover if and when the projects will benefit from it.

Next, take each character’s set of stories and find a director and writer team to develop a lose adaptation of the stories over multiple films, creating outlines and treatments that DC Films’ core team will either approve or send back for changes. Each team of filmmakers would have creative control over their films, but within the context of developing it based on the needs of the larger plan — meaning using the chosen source material as inspiration, even if it’s only vaguely or loosely adapted. This allows solo character projects that still also exist within the larger DC universe, with marching orders handed out to allow each team to develop the best way of carrying out and succeeding in their mission.

Over a period of a several years, this process would essentially lay the groundwork for various individual films and sagas for the DC characters. Somewhere within this process, it will become clear where the trilogies and individual films align correctly to allow Trinity, Justice League, and other team-up projects to fit into the plan. There would be plenty of solo movies first, to avoid trying to move too quickly into big team-ups without having earned the emotional buy-in of audiences.

This method requires the use of classic storylines for each character...meaning that each character should be stripped down to their essence and crank it up to 11.

For instance

Superman should be like grant Morrison/mark waid/mark millar silver age superman with a heavy dose of wacky Sci fi like the Titanic in the fortress of solitude, krypto the super dog, Jon Kent, sun eater, happy face and pretty much everything from the three stories of all star superman, red sun, and birthright. Maybe the three stories could be superman vs elite for movie 1, a adaptation of apokolips now(or some other classic superman story) for movie 2, and a adaptation for all star superman for movie 3. The reign of superman should be a movie all to itself with Jon Kent being superboy, the introduction to steel, and cyborg superman. With the main event should be the return of superman which can be a movie all to itself. Maybe even more. The final solo superman movie should be adaptation of doomsday clock. Superman facing up against doctor Manhattan is the final statement on superman's beliefs and hope. The relationship between superman and his wife and son should be the heart of these movies as superman dealing with a family can be a unique angle

Batman will be frank miller meets arkham batman...movie 1 should be long Halloween with elements of dark victory in the form of Damien Wayne. Movie 2 must be red hood, and movie 3 should definitely be court of owls. The final movie should be a loose adaptation of the dark knight returns....ending with batman passing the torch to Damien after faking his death. Leading to batman 666...............or ditch the comics and do whatever matt reeves wants

Flash same method, several classic stories loosely adapted

Wonder woman same method with cheetah as her love interest...their romance being a bit complicated.

Aquaman same thing...several classic storylines.

Make a new gods trilogy completely separate from Earth and end it with orion killing his father Darkseid. Scared from war due to his father.

Young justice trilogy

Legion of superheros

Booster gold and Blue beetle

Green lantern saga(sinestro corps war and other stories)

Super sons trilogy(family film).

Trinity(or world's finest) standalones...a trinity film can easily serve as a backdoor pilot to superman, batman, and wonder woman.

Suicide squad reboot trilogy

Shazam trilogy

Justice League saga

Justice League movie 1 should be new frontier...make the Centre a more sympathetic villain whose in pain because of earth's pollution. It also serves as a introduction to green lantern and the flash and Martian manhunter. The epiphany of the justice League could be them realizing that this creature is in pain and that they are alternatives to fighting.

Justice League movie 2 could be legion of doom with tower of babel elements here and there...their trust should be destroyed at the end and the justice League disbands. This should be where our hero's are at their lowest.

Justice League rebirth, where each hero team up again to stop orion from using the anti life equation. Whose anger and bitterness from the new gods trilogy had turned him into a tyrant. They team up to fight him but superman redeems him. This is titled rebirth because of the fact that it is a call to optimism.

Justice League 4 can be kingdom come...the ultimate culmination of the entire franchise. This film should be 3 hours long and feature everyone fight for their beliefs in the face of a violent generation of superheros.

The ending restraunt scene where wonder woman, superman, and batman should be their farewell scene...as a new generation get the torch.

Superman, wonder woman, and batman should use themes composed by Christopher drake who made awesome themes for superman and batman already in the dark knight returns and all star supetman animated movies. But have John Williams come back for superman just in case.
    Last edited by jason white reborn; 12-08-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Spectacular Member

!
    Justice League

RT Percentage 41 %

Batman V Superman

RT Percentage 27 %

Suicide Squad

RT Percentage 26 %
    Last edited by WhichDrWhowins; 12-07-2017 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhichDrWhowins View Post

!
    Justice League

RT Percentage 41 %

Batman V Superman

RT Percentage 27 %

Suicide Squad

RT Percentage 26 %
    By these numbers they're at least trending in the right direction. I think if they lightened it up a bit and made them a bit more fun they'd perform better. https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...gue-in-review/

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    I think a good way to begin is to take a dozen main superhero characters, and select three or four of the classic comic book stories that currently exist for each character. The studio could map out an outline to serve as a framework for how each of these sets of stories fit together into a larger overarching DCEU story plan. The stories don’t have to all directly overlap with a larger story, but rather just make sure they don’t outright contradict one another, and allow for some crossover if and when the projects will benefit from it.

Next, take each character’s set of stories and find a director and writer team to develop a lose adaptation of the stories over multiple films, creating outlines and treatments that DC Films’ core team will either approve or send back for changes. Each team of filmmakers would have creative control over their films, but within the context of developing it based on the needs of the larger plan — meaning using the chosen source material as inspiration, even if it’s only vaguely or loosely adapted. This allows solo character projects that still also exist within the larger DC universe, with marching orders handed out to allow each team to develop the best way of carrying out and succeeding in their mission.

Over a period of a several years, this process would essentially lay the groundwork for various individual films and sagas for the DC characters. Somewhere within this process, it will become clear where the trilogies and individual films align correctly to allow Trinity, Justice League, and other team-up projects to fit into the plan. There would be plenty of solo movies first, to avoid trying to move too quickly into big team-ups without having earned the emotional buy-in of audiences.

This method requires the use of classic storylines for each character...meaning that each character should be stripped down to their essence and crank it up to 11.

For instance

Superman should be like grant Morrison/mark waid/mark millar silver age superman with a heavy dose of wacky Sci fi like the Titanic in the fortress of solitude, krypto the super dog, Jon Kent, sun eater, happy face and pretty much everything from the three stories of all star superman, red sun, and birthright. Maybe the three stories could be superman vs elite for movie 1, a adaptation of apokolips now(or some other classic superman story) for movie 2, and a adaptation for all star superman for movie 3. The reign of superman should be a movie all to itself with Jon Kent being superboy, the introduction to steel, and cyborg superman. With the main event should be the return of superman which can be a movie all to itself. Maybe even more. The final solo superman movie should be adaptation of doomsday clock. Superman facing up against doctor Manhattan is the final statement on superman's beliefs and hope. The relationship between superman and his wife and son should be the heart of these movies as superman dealing with a family can be a unique angle

Batman will be frank miller meets arkham batman...movie 1 should be long Halloween with elements of dark victory in the form of Damien Wayne. Movie 2 must be red hood, and movie 3 should definitely be court of owls. The final movie should be a loose adaptation of the dark knight returns....ending with batman passing the torch to Damien after faking his death. Leading to batman 666...............or ditch the comics and do whatever matt reeves wants

Flash same method, several classic stories loosely adapted

Wonder woman same method with cheetah as her love interest...their romance being a bit complicated.

Aquaman same thing...several classic storylines.

Make a new gods trilogy completely separate from Earth and end it with orion killing his father Darkseid. Scared from war due to his father.

Young justice trilogy

Legion of superheros

Booster gold and Blue beetle

Green lantern saga(sinestro corps war and other stories)

Super sons trilogy(family film).

Trinity(or world's finest) standalones...a trinity film can easily serve as a backdoor pilot to superman, batman, and wonder woman.

Suicide squad reboot trilogy

Shazam trilogy

Justice League saga

Justice League movie 1 should be new frontier...make the Centre a more sympathetic villain whose in pain because of earth's pollution. It also serves as a introduction to green lantern and the flash and Martian manhunter. The epiphany of the justice League could be them realizing that this creature is in pain and that they are alternatives to fighting.

Justice League movie 2 could be legion of doom with tower of babel elements here and there...their trust should be destroyed at the end and the justice League disbands. This should be where our hero's are at their lowest.

Justice League rebirth, where each hero team up again to stop orion from using the anti life equation. Whose anger and bitterness from the new gods trilogy had turned him into a tyrant. They team up to fight him but superman redeems him. This is titled rebirth because of the fact that it is a call to optimism.

Justice League 4 can be kingdom come...the ultimate culmination of the entire franchise. This film should be 3 hours long and feature everyone fight for their beliefs in the face of a violent generation of superheros.

The ending restraunt scene where wonder woman, superman, and batman should be their farewell scene...as a new generation get the torch.

Superman, wonder woman, and batman should use themes composed by Christopher drake who made awesome themes for superman and batman already in the dark knight returns and all star supetman animated movies. But have John Williams come back for superman just in case.
    Really nice on the Justice League saga. I hope I'm alive to see a Justice League that gets sequels and adds team members. I'm 48 with a number of bad chronic illnesses. I'm not dying or anything but I'd say my chances are less than 50% so I'm happy I got the one at least (a lifelong dream) and hope for an extended cut. I don't say it was a good movie but it was still the movie I'd been waiting for. Had high hopes of more and I expect there will be more but it could be a really long time.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    By these numbers they're at least trending in the right direction. I think if they lightened it up a bit and made them a bit more fun they'd perform better. https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...gue-in-review/
    Especially because in that mix there was a stand alone movie called Wonder Woman that was 92%. Now we just need Aquaman to get a 60% or higher.

Justice League - 40%
    Wonder Woman - 92%
    Suicide Squad - 26%
    Batman v Superman - 27%
    Man of Steel - 55%

They must recast Barry Allen. Ezra Miller resembled him in no way. Not in appearance or personality. Get somebody a bit older. Someone blond and more rugged. No more of this discount Peter Parker stuff. Wally is more the jokester Flash. Barry is lighthearted, but not always throwing quips around. “Back in a flash” is the closest you’re going to get. Dad jokes. Not constant attempts at humor or narration about how pathetic he is.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    They must recast Barry Allen. Ezra Miller resembled him in no way. Not in appearance or personality. Get somebody a bit older. Someone blond and more rugged. No more of this discount Peter Parker stuff. Wally is more the jokester Flash. Barry is lighthearted, but not always throwing quips around. “Back in a flash” is the closest you’re going to get. Dad jokes. Not constant attempts at humor or narration about how pathetic he is.
    I thought Ezra's Flash was one of the things people liked about Justice League.