Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Legacy 3 months in

So where in 3 months since legacy started what do you think? Me i like it I'm picking up books that i don't read like Doctor Strange and Iron fist
    Im loving the Direction Marvel is going can't wait till the return of Jean

The only Marvel book I picked in the last months was a reprint, nothing in the solicits caught my attention.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

To be honest, i'm not loving it. Things started slowly disintegrating for me since ResurrXion started.

I liked Deadpool & Spider-Man/Deadpool. But lately, the stories just haven't been too gripping or memorable.

I loved Bunn's Uncanny X-Men, because I loved the work he was doing with Sabretooth. Plus the team dynamic was nice. But the book was axed with ResurrXion. And as a result, Sabretooth got stuck with Greg Hack in Weapon X and has been written like **** ever since. And Hack isn't starting Legacy off well either.

I am reading Generation X, but only to see Monet. Because she was another character Bunn lost to ResurrXion. But she doesn't appear much and isn't a main focal point. So my interest on the book is dim when I know nothing important is gonna happen yet.

The only book I am following with interest or excitement is Iron Fist Legacy due to Brisson's Sabretooth. Next best thing after Bunn far as giving him depth. Instead of Hack who just automatically made him evil again, on top of writing him as an incompetent doofus. He almost ruined Sabretooth for me. Thank God for Brisson.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-07-2017 at 06:41 PM.

All-New Member

I enjoy the ones I was already reading before Legacy: Black Bolt, GotG, Gwenpool, Hawkeye, Iron Fist. I'm loving some of the creative changes with Donny Cates (Doctor Strange and Thanos) and Matthew Rosenberg (The Punisher). Also, Moon Knight is one of my favorite characters and the new run by Max Bemis is pretty enjoyable so far.

The only new Legacy title I didn't enjoy was Falcon. Loved Spencer's work on CA:SW and this run feels a bit disappointing. Not only that, but some of the dialogue is rather cringey and awkward.

Nothing has really changed for me which is both good and bad.

Still waiting for Marvel Two-in-One.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Actually enjoying it. Especially Venom and Thanos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfire360 View Post
    I enjoy the ones I was already reading before Legacy: Black Bolt, GotG, Gwenpool, Hawkeye, Iron Fist. I'm loving some of the creative changes with Donny Cates (Doctor Strange and Thanos) and Matthew Rosenberg (The Punisher). Also, Moon Knight is one of my favorite characters and the new run by Max Bemis is pretty enjoyable so far.
    Same here. Continuing to enjoy the books I liked before but have tried the new creative teams on some books that I hadn't previously read or had faded out from - like Doctor Strange, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Uncanny Avengers, Thanos, Moon Knight and Gwenpoole - and have really liked them.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Has it really been 3 months since I last read a comic book? Wow.

Loving Punisher and Moon Knight.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm only reading Thanos and Moon Knight. I still can't pull myself to care about any other books right now.

It's fine, I mean I'm reading basically what I was before and I've enjoyed those. Captain America has been awesome while Thanos and Doctor Strange have been great so far. Falcon sadly disappointed me so I dropped that already. But all the books I'm currently reading now have been stellar but they were before Legacy too.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Moon Knight and Captain America for me.

I'll read Daredevil in tpb at some point in the timeline.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-08-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm picking up the same books because I have too many to buy more, but I'll occasionally buy another book or two if it's a mini.

With Inhumans: Once and Future Kings ending and possibly Royals and Secret Warriors, it'll free up a lot more. I'm definitely checking out Marvel Two-in-One and I'm thinking of also buying Tales of Suspense.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    To be honest, i'm not loving it. Things started slowly disintegrating for me since ResurrXion started.

I liked Deadpool & Spider-Man/Deadpool. But lately, the stories just haven't been too gripping or memorable.

I loved Bunn's Uncanny X-Men, because I loved the work he was doing with Sabretooth. Plus the team dynamic was nice. But the book was axed with ResurrXion. And as a result, Sabretooth got stuck with Greg Hack in Weapon X and has been written like **** ever since. And Hack isn't starting Legacy off well either.

I am reading Generation X, but only to see Monet. Because she was another character Bunn lost to ResurrXion. But she doesn't appear much and isn't a main focal point. So my interest on the book is dim when I know nothing important is gonna happen yet.

The only book I am following with interest or excitement is Iron Fist Legacy due to Brisson's Sabretooth. Next best thing after Bunn far as giving him depth. Instead of Hack who just automatically made him evil again, on top of writing him as an incompetent doofus. He almost ruined Sabretooth for me. Thank God for Brisson.
    Maybe if we’re lucky we can see Sabretooth in Old Man Logan.