Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

What's Legacy?
    (seriously, I'm not seeing any changes... yet)
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    What's Legacy?
    (seriously, I'm not seeing any changes... yet)
    Marvel's 85th relauch disguised as a take on DC's Rebirth except ignoring everything that made Rebirth good to begin with cause the House of Idea is 80% shills with no passion or care putting most of these stories together while not learning a damn thing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Marvel's 85th relauch disguised as a take on DC's Rebirth except ignoring everything that made Rebirth good to begin with cause the House of Idea is 80% shills with no passion or care putting most of these stories together while not learning a damn thing.
    Rebirth where POC go back to the back of the bus and star in low selling books that get ZERO promotion?

Where a nasty reality for Hal Jordan fans is that NO ONE outside of them care about Hal as shown with the better performance of Jessica & Simon's book.

Where a guy in a movie is the WORST seller for DC called Cyborg? Miles, Riri, Panther, X-23 nor Falcon ever sniffed those bad numbers like Cyborg?

Where OG Wally West gets trashed every month?

Where the most popular black character is in the background of John's pet-Hal Jordan and his entire fanbase left DC.

A LOT of DC fans are not happy with Dc Rebirth. Unlike here-they at least they tried the books before getting upset or setting fired to books.

Marvel can't learn a damn thing when the main complainers are those who never touched the books in the first place. Or store owners who cried over Mosaic & Moon Girl putting them out of business yet had no issue with the league of flops known as Solo, Black Knight, Hercules, Starbrand, Fool Killer or Slapstick. Nor Cyborg, Superwoman & Blue Beetle who spent their ENTIRE runs not selling and not even sniffing an order increase like 90% of Marvel books got sometime during their run.

You can't praise DC for keeping New Superman going thanks to trades sales and then rip Marvel for doing the same with Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl & America Chavez.

BANNED

Pretty much just reading the same books as I was before:

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
    Ms. Marvel
    Champions
    All-New Wolverine

but also with the addition of Runaways, which is already my favorite book Marvel has coming out now.

I've heard good things about both Captain America and Falcon, but I'm still pissed about Sam losing the mantle, so I'm probably not going to get to those for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

A LOT of DC fans are not happy with Dc Rebirth.
    As a whole, it really is only marginally better than the Nu52. At least with the Nu52 I knew was gonna suck from the start. I was drinking the Rebirth cola at first, only to become more and more disappointed as time went on.
    Last edited by Assam; 12-10-2017 at 10:45 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Where OG Wally West gets trashed every month?
    Hey for all you know they only do that to make Young!Wally look good & push him. That's how Marvel pushed there Hero for the New age right? Villaify, Bastardize, Treat like utter trash or kill off the Classics to make way for the New Hot cakes? Hey Miles may have caused events that put Tony in a coma & got Black Widow killed but "at least he didn't sell his marriage to the devil like that shitty Peter" The brilliance of CWII & Secret Empire is how we got such shallowed loved books like Champions, America, & Unstoppable Wasp's huh?

Where the most popular black character is in the background of John's pet-Hal Jordan and his entire fanbase left DC.
    Oh yes Leading the entire GLC is a disservice how awful.

A LOT of DC fans are not happy with Dc Rebirth.
    & yet it's still kicking Marvels ass

You can't praise DC for keeping New Superman going thanks to trades sales and then rip Marvel for doing the same with Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl & America Chavez.
    I can because New Super-man is actually worth reading as it doesn't spend it's run white-guilting it's audience like America does though I'll let the other 2 slide.
    Last edited by DJ1107; 12-10-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Doctor Strange 381 was good(https://wp.me/p81uZL-mk)
    Thor 700 was solid and set a lot of good exposition in place for upcoming story arcs (https://wp.me/p81uZL-lM)
    Cable 150 was solid, kind of a return to his early 90's look with a modern twist (https://wp.me/p81uZL-ly)
    Avengers 672 was kind of meh(https://wp.me/p81uZL-ld)

I've got an issue of Hulk and one of Secret Warriors that I haven't read yet too.

BANNED

If you think there's no skill or passion to Marvel's books, you either aren't reading them at all (most likely) or have a very different definition of what constitutes skill and passion.

I mean, if you want to say with a straight face that books like Waid/Samnee Cap, Cates/Walta Doctor Strange, Aaron/Dauterman Thor, Soule/Garney Daredevil, Brisson/Perkins Iron Fist, and others are just hack work, you can do so, sure, but there's opinions and then there's just being flatly ridiculous.

Here's a critical look at the past week's worth of Legacy offerings. A very strong line-up of books:

https://www.panelstofilm.com/marvel-...reign-supreme/

& yet it's still kicking Marvels ass
    That would be a "no."

In terms of quality, I don't think there's any contest. Marvel just puts out better books in general.

That, of course, can be debated and ultimately comes down to personal taste for each individual.

But as for sales, the fact is that Marvel is still leading the industry more often than not. I would be surprised if the combo of Metal and Doomsday Clock didn't put DC on top for November but, generally speaking, Marvel remains the dominant company.

I can because New Super-man is actually worth reading as it doesn't spend it's run white-guilting it's audience like America does though I'll let the other 2 slide.
    Whenever someone is all about slamming Marvel and defending DC, there always seems to be a statement like this included which just makes you say "Oh, ok. There it is."

i'm getting:

iron man. a continuation of the previous run, only invincible and infamous have been condensed into invincible. honestly, i preferred having a separate infamous title. kind of afraid this is going to turn into a bendis-running-out-the-clock book, like the end of his avengers and x-men runs.

thor. a continuation of the previous run, which i've been enjoying since aaron jumped aboard the thor-verse with god of thunder. no troubles here.

captain america. what seems like the only 'legacy' title on my pull-list, considering the stark new direction and creative team. i love the waid and samnee team so no complaints two issues in.

daredevil. soule's run has been very underrated, imo. i never hear much buzz around it but it holds up with all the great runs we've had on daredevil this century (bendis, brubaker, waid). that said, i'm a tad behind and haven't begun the mayor fisk storyline yet.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

To be honest, Alonso over-hyped Legacy.

Now both ASM and MMSM are still going pretty good. Mark Waid's Cap is off to a nice start. I'm still picking up All-New Wolverine. I should catch up on Ms. Marvel. The only under-performers I've picked up were the Hulk books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    To be honest, Alonso over-hyped Legacy.

Now both ASM and MMSM are still going pretty good.
    ASM is terrible. RYV's first post-Legacy issue is better than the last three issues of that dross

Legacy is bullshit, just like everyone figured. We probably won't see any real changes (the end of the Axel era) until the middle of next year, at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    In terms of quality, I don't think there's any contest. Marvel just puts out better books in general.

That, of course, can be debated and ultimately comes down to personal taste for each
    I don't read all the lines - thanks god!- and I can't understand the Marvel vs DC mentality - thanks god! It tastes like some soccer fan thing... SMH...- but, as a mostly Marvel customer I'm really curious.

What was better than Mr Miracle or the recent Barman Annual? Or more imaginative than Valiant's Eternity?

Please enlight me cause I'm obviously picking up the wrong books...
    Last edited by Abe; 12-11-2017 at 01:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post

What was better than Mr Miracle or the recent Barman Annual?

Please enlight me cause I'm obviously picking up the wrong books...
    I don't read Mr. Miracle or Batman (What I have read of King's Batman wasn't very good), but I think All-New Wolverine, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and especially Runaways easily kick the ass of every book DC has not called New Super-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I don't read Mr. Miracle or Batman (What I have read of King's Batman wasn't very good), but I think All-New Wolverine, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and especially Runaways easily kick the ass of every book DC has not called New Super-Man.
    I dunno Assam, I think DC has plenty of great and enjoyable books that can match toe-to-toe with Marvel's flagships, but that's just me .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno Assam, I think DC has plenty of great and enjoyable books that can match toe-to-toe with Marvel's flagships, but that's just me .
    There are other DC books I really like (Green Arrow, Aquaman, kinda Green Lanterns these days) and while I'd say they're better than my other two Marvel pulls, I don't think they compete with the Marvel books I mentioned.