Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I like the little "Fwoom" in the smoke from the rocket...it's actually kind of funny.
    "
    You REALLY have to pay attention to Cabal's artwork, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    The Muramasa infused bullets could be seen coming from a mile away after those previews way back where the orphans we're loading up pistols in some execution type scene. But even though the previews gave it away, I welcome this with open arms. Now that the Orphans have the perfect weapons to do the deed, the stakes have only gotten higher. Laura is now no different than a squishy human to a bullet! 10/10 solid work from Taylor so far.
    Good thing she adopted that armored costume. It's about to be put to the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Good thing she adopted that armored costume. It's about to be put to the test.
    If I recall correctly, the Muramasa can cut through adamantium; a bullet proof jacket is unlikely to do much.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    If I recall correctly, the Muramasa can cut through adamantium; a bullet proof jacket is unlikely to do much.
    I did a quick search and I'm not finding any indication it can cut through adamantium. At the very least, it's never been addressed by the books themselves.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Not sure it can cut adamantium - but it's been outright state it can slice through colossus, so a bullet proof vest definitely won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Not sure it can cut adamantium - but it's been outright state it can slice through colossus, so a bullet proof vest definitely won't help.
    Good, this is the most danger Laura has been in- in years! I suspect we're going to add quite a bit to her 'feats list' after this is over.

BANNED

One thing I liked about the preview is the point made by Megan that many of the bad things Laura did was when she was under the Facility's control and didn't have a choice. I was wondering if the debate over her culpability (I don't think there's any doubt Laura would hold herself responsible, even if she was as much a victim as those she hurt) would come up in this arc.

BANNED

Is it weird and sad that this is partly Daken's fault given that it was HIM that had the one Sword that could kill them all ?

Amazing Member

Jeez man how the hell are the people able to convert the metal into other stuff? Especially with so little of it since it's a sword. Also

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...55744464674816

Seems like the next story arc. May also have to do with Laura's history.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Who is that masked person, a new character?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Centrions View Post
    Jeez man how the hell are the people able to convert the metal into other stuff? Especially with so little of it since it's a sword. Also

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...55744464674816

Seems like the next story arc. May also have to do with Laura's history.
    My guess is that they're using the metal of the Muramasa Blade as a thin coating; enough to get the effects, while stretching the material out as much as they can.

Taylor hinted that we'd be seeing Henry Sutter again. I think a lot of us assumed that meant he'd be part of the OoX, but if they're bringing up the Johnson Assassination again, it could be the next arc. In fact, I'm wondering if the next arc is going to be growing out of the aftermath of OoX, with Laura confronting her past actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    TBH, it's kinda hard to tell with the OoX who we have or haven't seen before. Which actually makes them even more effective and frightening. They're so...anonymous and impersonal, and it's incredibly difficult to gauge how many of them there actually are.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    aren't they all just family members of random people we've never seen/met?

aren't they all just family members of random people we've never seen/met?
    Yeah. That's MY understanding.

And circling back to the armored jacket topic, I'm hoping for some kind of "BONUS LIFE!" cry, from Gabby, after Laura IS shot and proven to be unhurt thanks to the protective gear Gabbz insisted on.

BANNED

Given that the blade was red and made out of souls and all that....wouldn't Hisako (Armor) be a good fit for this storyline? Her Armor is a red shell made up of something from her ancestors.

Given that the blade was red and made out of souls and all that....wouldn't Hisako (Armor) be a good fit for this storyline? Her Armor is a red shell made up of something from her ancestors.
    Oh (imho) that WOULD be a rather interesting parallel to be drawn between the two. Nice attention to detail, WQEF.

ALSO interesting that ONE is intended to KILL while the other essentially PROTECTS/DEFENDS. Sword vs Blade. A corruption of Hisako's ancestral energies perhaps. You know, if it WERE connected.
    Last edited by Fokken; 12-08-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

While the two things aren't directly related in how they work, Hisako's Armor was shown to basically be the only thing that isn't simply impervious to the blade - but actually capable of causing it to shutter when used against her.

So while she WOULD make a logical counter to weapons made out of the Muramasa blade - she'd also ruin the tension.