BANNED

Default DIsney maybe owning a bit of Batman if the Disney and Fox deal goes through....

IF I were the Joker, then this would be an delicious twist of irony that deserves a laugh....FINALLY Marvel By way of Disney will own a bit of DC Comics a bit....https://www.cbr.com/disney-marvel-fo...bution-rights/

To be honest, Disney has done such a great job with both Marvel Comics (at least the TV & movie division) and Star Wars I would be ecstatic if they brought Batman or even DC as a whole under their umbrella. Just imagine the crossovers or blended comic universe we could eventually end up with.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    To be honest, Disney has done such a great job with both Marvel Comics (at least the TV & movie division) and Star Wars I would be ecstatic if they brought Batman or even DC as a whole under their umbrella. Just imagine the crossovers or blended comic universe we could eventually end up with.
    More likely is Disney will sell all rights to Batman back to Warner Bros.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    More likely is Disney will sell all rights to Batman back to Warner Bros.
    For a hefty sum given how much it would mean to WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hard pass. As much the crossover idea sounds amazing, I'd rather stay with WB and its questionable movies than giving more money to the Mouse.

The idea is a bit misleading since Disney wouldn't "own" any part of the DC comic books/ characters/ publishing; just some TV episodes from back in the 1960s (that have been shown in reruns for decades). And who knows if DC might have the ability to reclaim the rights to the Gotham TV series from Fox if Fox became part of Disney?
    (Hopefully DC/WB wouldn't have made any loose/stupid licensing agreements where WB/DC could lose control of the property as easily as Marvel did with the FF and X-Men franchises back in the last century.)

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    IF I were the Joker, then this would be an delicious twist of irony that deserves a laugh....FINALLY Marvel By way of Disney will own a bit of DC Comics a bit....https://www.cbr.com/disney-marvel-fo...bution-rights/
    I imagine that Warner will buy back the distribution rights that Fox currently has to Batman and all related shows and that they will then shift Gotham to one of their own stations. They might even just pull it from Fox before the sale is finalized. In any case if Disney were to somehow retain those rights I don't feel that it would be Marvel that owns the distribution rights to Batman anyway being that they are a part of Disney and not the other way around.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

66` Batman crossover with Ducktales, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    66` Batman crossover with Ducktales, now.
    You do realize there's a H-U-G-E difference between owning some old TV episodes that are about half-a-century old and owning the rights to using those characters however the hell one wishes?
    (I doubt DC made any deal regarding Batman as dumb as the ones Marvel did for those film rights ages ago.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You do realize there's a H-U-G-E difference between owning some old TV episodes that are about half-a-century old and owning the rights to using those characters however the hell one wishes?
    (I doubt DC made any deal regarding Batman as dumb as the ones Marvel did for those film rights ages ago.)
    According to the article it was DC who had the rights to make the comic book, toys and so on which first came out a few years ago. So of cause a crossover book with Batman '66 and any Disney/Marvel character seams unrealistic.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 12-14-2017 at 07:26 PM.