Default Could Image make movies like Marvel and DC?

Was talking with a collegue today and he told me that he'd like to see Image doing movies like Marvel and DC are doing. I think it would be nice. Image doesn't really have super heroes except Spawn right? Correct me if I'm wrong (only collecting since last April).

But could they produce movies like the big 2 are doing? I know there's a Chew animated movie that is supposed to come out in 2018. Also there's a Spawn movie coming out eventually. They could do other movies from their comics I think.

Anyway, I think it would be a good idea and the 3 big comics companies doing movies would be great.

What are your thoughts on this?

Alex

Image dont own any properties. Everything they publish is creator owned.
    Any TV/Movie adaptations of Image comics have nothing to do with Image. They have no say in the licensing, nor do they receive any money from such adaptations. Thats all the individual creators.

Image have published a bunch of superhero books, though. Invincible, Savage Dragon, the Top Cow books, the Faeber-verse stuff, Liefelds Extreme Studios properties etc etc...
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 12-08-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Image dont own any properties. Everything they publish is creator owned.
    Any TV/Movie adaptations of Image comics have nothing to do with Image. They have no say in the licensing, nor do they receive any money from such adaptations. Thats all the individual creators.

Image have published a bunch of superhero books, though. Invincible, Savage Dragon, the Top Cow books, the Faeber-verse stuff, Liefelds Extreme Studios properties etc etc...
    You're absolutely right. Forgot about this little detail lol.

It would be nice to have Image movies, especially from the superhero half for those of us sick of Marvel movies all the time. I know a Spawn reboot is coming. I've always wanted movies for Savage Dragon, Cyberforce, Pitt, etc. There was rumors of a Darkness movie, but there's been no developments as of late.

Top Cow had two fairly shared universes (a supernatural one with Witchblade, The Darkness, The Magdalena, etc., and a cyberpunk one with Cyberforce, Aphrodite IX, etc.). Some of those properties have been optioned for movies, but they've been stuck for years in "development hell," so there's no way of knowing when they'll see the light of day--if they ever will.

Top Cow did manage to get Witchblade to the small screen in a live-action TV series that ran for two seasons on TNT as well as in a 24-episode anime series that ran on TBS (Japan) and on IFC. A Witchblade movie, though, was originally planned for 2009, but that fell through. The Darkness movie was first proposed in 2004, but it's been in the aforementioned DH since 2012.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Does Image have any affiliation to a movie production company?
    Even if they had any rights to their properties, how would they just suddenly jump into the movie production/ distribution business?

Like most comic book movies, it would require a movie production company buying the rights (or a license) to make a movie based off a particular property. But it could take years for even pre-production to start. The current batch of Marvel and DC movies are far more the exception than the rule, IMO. Some proposed comic book movies don't even make it to pre-production, even with a big studio behind them.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Well, Invincible will be made into a movie. Well, Spawn will be rebooted also. So there is a fighting chance that creator-owned comics can do well. If they wanted to do their own movie the best way would have image go to the creators and ask them to help out with laughing a creator own movie production

Creators like Millar and Remender.. Hickman.. Kirkman.. if they wanted to and were lucky enough to have all of their books adapted into movies or shows, could blend them into one universe. But the likelihood of that happening is so minute.

And Image would still have nothing to do with it as they dont own the properties. And theyre not a movie studio.

Amazing Member

New Dredd was a cool movie, Crow is a classic, 30 Days of Night an interesting horror, Barbarella camp cult, Spawn was ok kinda sucked, AvP movies suck

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Well, Invincible will be made into a movie. Well, Spawn will be rebooted also. So there is a fighting chance that creator-owned comics can do well. If they wanted to do their own movie the best way would have image go to the creators and ask them to help out with laughing a creator own movie production
    Does somebody have a wacky "auto-correct" or something?

Quote Originally Posted by GammaRayThrill View Post
    New Dredd was a cool movie, Crow is a classic, 30 Days of Night an interesting horror, Barbarella camp cult, Spawn was ok kinda sucked, AvP movies suck
    This is a great post that has nothing to do with the topic at hand!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Does somebody have a wacky "auto-correct" or something?
    I have a grammar check and it sucks.Maybe image creator could go to indie movie companies instead of mainstream ones