Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man 11

Default Mega Man 11

Coming in late 2018. The Blue Bomber is back!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm pretty excited. We saw concept art for one Robot Master, who I'd bet will be called like Temple Man, per a guess on Twitter I saw.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm pretty excited. We saw concept art for one Robot Master, who I'd bet will be called like Temple Man, per a guess on Twitter I saw.
    Are you talking about:

Him?

Mega Man's look changes based on the Robot Master power he is using.

While I don't think they'll do it, I think it would be funny if they called him... Rock Man...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Are you talking about:

Him?
    Correct. I've heard all sorts of speculation on the name, but none make nearly as much sense as Temple Man. Not Brick Man or etc.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Correct. I've heard all sorts of speculation on the name, but none make nearly as much sense as Temple Man. Not Brick Man or etc.
    (Rock Man was a joke, as Mega Man's name in Japan is Rockman. )

(Rock Man was a joke, as Mega Man's name in Japan is Rockman. )
    Don't worry, I got that. I'm a big MM fan. I have my Mega Man 9 press kit retro NES box to prove it. I have a PC disc of Street Fighter just to own the MM DOS games by Hi Tech Expressions (that I consider canon).

Anyway, doesn't Temple Man make the most sense?
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-08-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Don't worry, I got that. I'm a big MM fan. I have my Mega Man 9 press kit retro NES box to prove it.

Anyway, doesn't Temple Man make the most sense?
    It's not bad. But we'll just have to wait to see what Capcom officially calls him. Don't want to get too attached to a fan nickname in case Capcom calls him something else.

It's not bad. But we'll just have to wait to see what Capcom officially calls him. Don't want to get too attached to a fan nickname in case Capcom calls him something else.
    Yea, I mean I don't care that much. A temple motif would oddly perhaps be too similar to Sword Man and his level from MM8, but whatever. Wouldn't be the first time level motifs were redone.

Gamexplain Analysis of the Mega Man 11 trailer.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its a nice mark to see them bring back Mega Man for the 30th anniversary. People have wanted a Mega Man game for years (its why many gave for Mighty #9). So nice move here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

He looks more like a Castleman, Towerman, or a Fortman to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    He looks more like a Castleman, Towerman, or a Fortman to me.
    Except those don't fit with the Mayanesque temple in the MM11 trailer. The yellow on the Robot Master's wrists and ankles....seem Mayanesque...hence the guess of Temple Man.

Fantastic Member

I'm glad that they decided to move on and use updated graphics rather than being stuck on 8-bit because of how everybody worships MM2 and MM3. Though MM9 was okay if it was derivative - which didn't bother me at all as I felt that was exactly the point, to be at once new and an homage to MM2, but I didn't think it was really necessary for MM10 to be 8-bit as well.

I wonder how much time has past in the Mega Man universe since 200X. I wouldn't think a lot since neither of the doctors look like they have a lot of years left.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.