Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Agree on the writer but didn't Copiel sign with DC? I like the suggestion of Tom Grummett earlier. He did the Fantastic Four "Nuff Said" issue some years back were all the comics that month were to be "silent", no dialogue or captions. I was able to buy the ending splash page from him.

Coipel bolted to DC? Wow. Oh well.

Grummett is cool, I haven't noticed any work of his in recent years, he's got a solid style.

Priest and Grummett did a Deathstroke story in the current Holiday Specual

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I think Dan Slott could do a decent job on F4, as for art...Steve McNiven.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hey, what was wrong with Ant-Man?
    I really didn't like what was done with Scott Lang. It seemed more like character assassination and regression than building on what had come before.

Frankly, I haven't been fond of anything Spencer has put out.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Maybe Marvel should cut down on the number of sexual harassers it hires.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I haven't heard any specifics about Lobdell, but I've heard he's awful, and I'd rather Marvel not give him work.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I really didn't like what was done with Scott Lang. It seemed more like character assassination and regression than building on what had come before.

Frankly, I haven't been fond of anything Spencer has put out.
    I really loved his Spider-Island Cloak & Dagger mini, but on the other hand, Emma Rios is my hands-down favourite artist, so I was primed to love that mini. Even so, I thought Spencer had an interesting take on Tandy and Ty, with Ty embracing being a hero while Tandy wants a chance to do something normal.

But mostly it was all about that art.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Fantastic Four by Peter David and Todd Nauck!! Has Peter ever written the FF? I would love to read his take on the team.
    Mark Waid or Al Ewing would be other hopefuls of mine. As for other artists...while I love Mike Del Mundo and Daniel Acuna, i would prefer a more traditional type of comic book artist on the title. Valerio Schitti, Paco Madina, Alan Davis, Pepe Larraz would all be fine choices for me.

Christopher Priest or Al Ewing and Stefano Caselli or Ed McGuiness would be my dream combinations .
    The Sidekicks Podcast made by comics newbies, for comics newbies.

Give me Ewing, Spencer, Aaron or Hopeless for the writing. On art, I’d love to see, first and foremost, Alan Davis, Chris Bachalo, Carlos Pacheco, or David Yardin.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Dan Slott to me has shown he knows how to write the Thing, and getting the Thing right is a big part of getting the FF right. Team him up with and artist like Paul Pelletier and you would have a very good start to a book.

The big thing is it has to be a new writer and artist. A sure way to screw things up is to go back to previous creators when trying to bring something back. That and DO NOT put a team on the book that is polerizing. You need to find a team that will bring in the widest audience and not just fans of that praticular writer who only stick around as long as they do so no guys like Morrison.

BANNED

Warren Ellis & Stuart Immonen.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Warren Ellis & Stuart Immonen.
    Great combo but I was disappointed with their Ultimate Fantastic Four arc. I'm not sure what parts he's responsible for but remember, Ellis wrote the first Doom, I mean Van Damme arc in vol.1 I wasn't very taken with goat-legged Doom with poisonous quills and toxic breath.

The most we'd get from Ellis these days is a limited run but no harm in wishing I guess.