Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    In a perfect world Bruce Wayne should stay death or at least retired, exactly as it should Hal Jordan and Barry Allen.
    World goes on, people get older. Legacy characters move forward.

Obviuosly DC didn't have the courage to keep that road.

About the best dynamic duo, I really can't decide between Bruce & Tim or Dick & Damian (leaving out from dispute Bruce & Dick).
    Anyway I really miss the dynamic duo, Bruce & Damian are not. No writer seems to have the nerve to explore this dynamic.
    There is plenty of room in the DC universe for everyone.

BANNED

About the best dynamic duo, I really can't decide between Bruce & Tim or Dick & Damian (leaving out from dispute Bruce & Dick).
    The answer you're looking for is Cass and Steph though Cass and Damian could work well too

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    There is plenty of room in the DC universe for everyone.
    Yes and No.
    Obviously my reasoning is extreme, I know that.
    Anyway if you don't want to make grow-up your main characters (Bruce, Hal, Barry etc.) and then come close to retirement, you cannot proceed to introduce new generations of heroes.
    Dc wants to introduce Damian, Jon, Wally II, Emiko etc... I have nothing against it, but you can't mantain your former herores forever young, maybe the bigger problem of New 52 reboot.
    This is why of my former statment "in a perfect world".
    I know that all that is an ipotetic and controversial theme that DC will never pursue.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The answer you're looking for is Cass and Steph though Cass and Damian could work well too
    I'm sorry Assam, Steph is only for Tim

BANNED

I'm sorry Assam, Steph is only for Tim
    We were talking about partnerships, not shipping!

Also as a relationship Tim/Steph will NEVER be healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    We were talking about partnerships, not shipping!

Also as a relationship Tim/Steph will NEVER be healthy
    Really, why not?

Really, why not?
    For a long time the parnetship was kind of unequal, with Tim not revealing his secret identity and sometimes being kind of condescending toward her from time to time, it wasn't until Yost Red Robin run when he actually started to see her as an equal in crime figthing. Now, a lot the problems with their relationship were partially Tim's immaturity and Batman medling in the whole affair (telling Tim not to reveal his secret identity to her, ordering him that Spoiler and Robin shouldn't work together anymore and use her to manipulate Tim and make him "a better Robin" etc), the writters also changed a lot so it was also kind of inconsistent with the presentation of the couple, now in my opinion, it was more a case of their circumstances around then being unhealthy, when you let then by thenselves, they still had problems, but nothing that any other superhero couple hasn't gone througth before, of course your feelings regarding that depends of your reading of the whole thing.

One of my fave Batman eras. Grant amazingly took all of Batman’s history and revamped it while adding in new ideas like the Dick and Damian partnership. Truly epic in scope. (I wish he’d take a pass at Wonder Woman, her history, and zany characters for a few years.)

The Dick and Damian dialogue and interplay was inspired. The ward of Bruce Wayne is truly the only one who might understand the scion of a Wayne and al Ghul.