Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Batman should be an ongoing HBO Series

Debate and discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Debate and discuss.
    Why?

(Both "Why should DC want to do this?" and "Why should we debate and discuss this?")

I can still see it as an Arrowverse show .

My name is Bruce Wayne. After the murder of my parents I dedicated my life to avenging their deaths and ridding my city of all crime. By day I am billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne, but at night I wage a war against crime and villainy with the help of my allies. I am Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

My name is Bruce Wayne. After the murder of my parents I dedicated my life to avenging their deaths and ridding my city of all crime. By day I am billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne, but at night I wage a war against crime and villainy with the help of my allies. I am Batman.
    He'd be Olicity's best man.

But I'm not gonna ruin BatmanJones thread -- I think it would be cool, and under a good director, it would be similar to the Netflix Marvel shows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Hate to say it, but with how they work now, a Batman show in the Arrowverse would probably be our best shot at actually getting the BatFamily in live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Hate to say it, but with how they work now, a Batman show in the Arrowverse would probably be our best shot at actually getting the BatFamily in live action.
    Well, Nightwing is on production it's a start. And maybe HBO would be able to do that as well?

I mean, I dropped Flash, but I heard they kinda barely use KF and Jesse Quick.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I mean, I dropped Flash, but I heard they kinda barely use KF and Jesse Quick.
    Jesse got some traction but they had to keep taking her in and out of the series.

Wally got relatively more to do in season 3 as Kid Flash but he kind of became an afterthought in season 4.

Team Arrow is probably a closer Batfamily equivalent.

BANNED

Well, Nightwing is on production it's a start. .
    The Nightwing movie is NOT going to get made and after JL's failure I doubt that Batgirl will be getting made as well.

Dick, probably Jason and possibly Babs are gonna be on Titans, but that hardly constitutes the BatFamily.

The Nightwing movie is NOT going to get made and after JL's failure I doubt that Batgirl will be getting made as well.

Dick, probably Jason and possibly Babs are gonna be on Titans, but that hardly constitutes the BatFamily.
    I think they're going to do it, I mean, there are shakeups and all, and besides...they are Bats, they are getting their movies.

But I'm probably being optimistic

BANNED

But I'm probably being optimistic
    And I'm being both realistic and optimistic

BANNED

They are both getting made, thats factual.

Honestly with the controversy over Whedon and Justice League I think Nightwing honestly has a better chance at this point compared to most DCEU movies.

Especially since Chris McKay should be starting casting soon.

It sounds like it could be a variant of the Batfamily if nothing else, but I'd expect more Titans then Bats.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    They are both getting made, thats factual.
    Um, no? Nightwing isn't even in pre-production and Batgirl doesn't have a finished script, with it's writer having just been behind a box office flop. There is zero guarantee either is getting made.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Why?

(Both "Why should DC want to do this?" and "Why should we debate and discuss this?")

Because there's no more compelling character and he has 80 years of serialized, great stories to be told, with a huge universe. I'm talking HBO, not CW. Best talent available. First ever serious serial of Batman with a Jon Hamm level actor in the role and a Matt Weiner level show runner.

Why wouldn't they do it? They've done everything else with the character and maybe serialized TV, given we're in a real new age with TV, is a good place to spotlight the character and his mythos.

With great talent it should be money in the bank.

"Why should [you] debate and discuss?" That's just a phrase I brought from another forum where someone introduces a new idea and says 'debate and discuss' but without comment otherwise. As in, "That's it. That's the whole idea. What do you think?" Typically people that don't want to discuss the thing just don't discuss it rather than suggesting it's not worthy of discussion but to each his own.

And I'm being both realistic and optimistic

Batgirl by Whedon is going to be his Wonder Woman script but in Gotham.

I think that maybe getting a Batfamily in a TV adaptation might be difficult because nobody wants to see kids karate chopping evil clowns. But I wouldn't mind a HBO series about the Arkham videogames