Thread: Top 5 Godzillas

Default Top 5 Godzillas

If you were to rank a top 5 (or top 10 preferably) list of most powerful Zogdillers, what would your list be and why?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Burning Godzilla (from Destroyah)/Final War Godzilla tie

Showa Godzilla

Millennium Godzilla

Monster verse Godzilla

Crappy anime Godzilla because the anime was ass

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Burning Godzilla (from Destroyah)/Final War Godzilla tie

Showa Godzilla

Millennium Godzilla

Monster verse Godzilla

Crappy anime Godzilla because the anime was ass
    Where does that weak Diddy Zilla rank?

*Or is that Millennium Godzilla?
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    Where does that weak Diddy Zilla rank?

*Or is that Millennium Godzilla?

He ranks over crappy anime Godzilla.

I know Shin belongs in here, but I have not seen that movie yet. Also have not seen all of the Heisei era. Just Biolante and Destroyah

Should note that Burning Godzilla and Final War Godzilla are separated from Millenium/Heisei because they have a temporary buff in the form of island blowing up/infused with Kaiser energy.
    Last edited by Kuro; 02-17-2023 at 07:00 PM.

Singular Point Godzilla ( probably the most powerful Godzilla yet, based on research)

Burning Godzilla ( Yeah he's pretty powerful )

Earth Godzilla ( might not like the anime, but I have to admit Earth Godzilla is no pushover. )

Monster verse Godzilla ( His fight with Moster Verse ghidorah speaks for itself.)

Zilla ( really weak. This weakest Godzilla. able to be taken out with just regular military firepower, no nukes required.

for this list, I'm going on based on power, not based on how much I like or hate.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-17-2023 at 11:10 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

While the anime movie trilogy wasn't good, if this is a power ranking then I do think he'd make Top 5

My Top 10 Most Powerful Godzillas
    (from most potent to weakest)

#1: Hell Godzilla (Godzilla In Hell)

Reality warping, possession, nigh-indestructibility, power over life and death, resurrection, God-killing/dimensional tearing Atomic Beams, etc.

#2: Ultima (Godzilla Singular Point)

Easily one of the hardest Godzillas to analyze. Long story short, expanded source material bolsters what we've seen. Example: Ultima's Atomic Breath isn't atomic energy; it's quantum energy, and it's powered by Godzilla summoning incalculable amounts of energy from different points in time. Mind-boggling. Ultima is a higher-dimensional being, too. There's an argument against him being high on this list, and maybe for Rumbles, he'd fare worse, but as far as I'm concerned, he's a top contender.

#3: Marvel (Marvel Comics)

He's up there with Classic Thor.

#4: Earth (Godzilla Earth Anime trilogy)

Earth is a powerhouse, full stop. He tanked hundreds of nukes, terraformed the Earth, and his energy attacks are frighteningly powerful. Expanded material (aka the novels) makes him even more OP.

#5: Xilia (Godzilla: Rivals #3)

Relatively unknown, but make no mistake: this Godzilla has the potential to be #1. Hailing from the Godzilla: Rivals #3 comic, Xilia Godzilla (as I call him) survived his Ghidorah's gravity beams. Why is this impressive? Xilia Ghidorah one-shotted Mars' Olympus Mons. When we last see him, he's tanking Ghidorah's attacks, creating explosions visible from space, and--because he's still absorbing cosmic radiation--is getting stronger by the second.

#6: Monsterverse (Monsterverse series)

Blasted a hole to the center of the Earth (factor in Hollow Earth may or may not exist in a separate reality), tanked Castle Bravo nukes, withstood extinction-level events, survived the Oxygen Destroyer, and is strong enough to throw his 140,000-ton Ghidorah around like a ragdoll.

#7: Final Wars (Godzilla: Final Wars)

Keep in mind that I'm factoring in FW Goji's Keizer transformation here, which means he's strong enough to throw Keizer around easily while also blasting him into outer space. Then there are so many other impressive feats.

#8: Adult Godzilla Junior (Godzilla vs. Gigan Rex)

OK, so he may not officially be Adult Junior, but it's heavily implied. Regardless, this Godzilla is a powerhouse. He seems to be able to control his father's Burning/Meltdown state while wielding greater power. That's without scaling him to Heisei Godzilla. If we do that, Adult Junior is even stronger.

#9: Heisei (Heisei Godzilla film series)

Granted, an argument could be made that Heisei and Adult Junior deserve to be higher. But I digress; Heisei is the perfect power template for any aspiring Godzilla. He's tanked volcanic eruptions and has swum through the mantle of the Earth. His Atomic Beams are highly-destructive (and can reach a million degrees Celsius). Heisei is insanely strong and sports one of the best healing factors around.

#10: IDW Main (Kingdom/Ongoing/Ruler comic books)

Main IDW Godzilla is comparable to almost every Godzilla on this list. The former Godzillas might have a better feat here or there, but don't count Ruler Goji. He's pretty dang up there. In the Ruler of the Earth finale, Ruler Goji held his own against an army of Trilopod monsters and the Big Bad Magita.

Honorable Mentions: Manga Heisei, Rage Across Time, and Avatar Goji (Monsters & Protector comic book series).