Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

While I doubt he enjoys gambling, it would be interesting to see Yumeko take on Kitten in a game of Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth-Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker.

Astonishing Member

Technically since it's gambling anyone should have a fifty-fifty chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Technically since it's gambling anyone should have a fifty-fifty chance of winning.
    Correct. If you play Yumeko *fair and square* anyone has a chance at beating her - which is exactly what she wants. Its only when people start to cheat then she cheats herself, and that person gets screwed.

All-New Member

Very true, sora n shiro would have yumeko any day of the week

Yeah, Mat Cauthon is probably the best bet. Considering his very presence alters fate, chance, and reality. And that he is known as a prolific gambler, able to arm and supply essentially a small army with gambling alone.

*looks at the post dates* So, what? It's become a tradition to revive this thread every three years or something?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    *looks at the post dates* So, what? It's become a tradition to revive this thread every three years or something?
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist."

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist."
    Mega LOL.

Yes, Mat would be great, but honestly, Rand would maybe be better? He's much more ta'vareen than Mat. Like, Rand walking through a city means a kid falling from a high tower lands on his head and gets up and keeps playing, all by chance.

As stated before, anyone holding Coinspinner is going to be hard to beat, unless Shieldbreaker is in the house.

Of course, put cosmics in the thing and that gets pretty shunted - someone like Galactus would laugh at the luck powers of Domino or Coinspinner or Mat.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Mega LOL.

Yes, Mat would be great, but honestly, Rand would maybe be better? He's much more ta'vareen than Mat. Like, Rand walking through a city means a kid falling from a high tower lands on his head and gets up and keeps playing, all by chance.

As stated before, anyone holding Coinspinner is going to be hard to beat, unless Shieldbreaker is in the house.

Of course, put cosmics in the thing and that gets pretty shunted - someone like Galactus would laugh at the luck powers of Domino or Coinspinner or Mat.
    Well, Mat is the gambler of the trio. And while Rand's ta'veren-ness can have that happen, it can also have the exact opposite kind of luck at the same time. So, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by bidgetkloke View Post
    As a fellow Kakegurui fan, I have to say that Yumeko Jabami is one tough opponent to beat at gambling. Her passion and intuition are unparalleled, and she's not afraid to take big risks.
    Oh, no doubt. I watched enough to get that. And she also seems to get off on it as well...
    But Mat Cauthon is a guy where luck is literally a quantifiable force that works in his favor due to being a ta'veren (a chosen one by fate). So, no mechanical cheating, counting cards, weighted dice, etc. Guy turns pocket change into enough to pay and supply an entire small army (which grows quite quickly over the course of the series).

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Hoid (Cosmere) would be a possibly good opponent. He does all sorts of long term planning, gambling with stakes high and low, and generally thinks many, many steps ahead.

He is also thousands of years old.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM