Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As do I.

Especially when the emphasis on a teenage Peter and other Spiders leads to something as silly as a teenage Peter with barely a few months experience himself mentoring a Miles Morales who's almost the same age as him.
    Yeah lol, I feel like the new cartoon really wanted to have their cake and eat it to. "Gotta have Peter young and inexperienced just like the new movie but we also want all the other Spiders because merchandise." It's like, pick one or the other.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

They better include Spider-Gwen and Anya Sofia Corazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    They better include Spider-Gwen and Anya Sofia Corazon.
    If we're getting AU Spider movies then I think a Spider-Gwen movie is pretty likely.

The animation style they're going with for this movie would also probably work well in adapting the art style of Gwen's book.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

But Anya...

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    But Anya...
    I actually wouldn't mind if turned Anya into one of Miles friends/classmates

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I actually wouldn't mind if turned Anya into one of Miles friends/classmates
    I'd be fine with that so long as they actually write her like Anya and not the Sajani stand-in she is in the current Spider-Man cartoon.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Am I the only one whose kind of reminded of the MTV show?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    Now that you mention it, they do have a similar feel.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Lol the MTV show wishes it looked half as good as this
    We need better comics

Outside of it also being CGI I really don't see a lot of similarities.

Though watch Neil Patrick Harris be the voice of Peter in this .

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Well, almost, Mayday's brother was one of the essential plot devices of the original Spider-Verse story, so she could still be utilized if they stay true to that bit.
    The other significant difference is the other superheroes, as RYV's are modern ones and Spider-Gwen's world has the majority of them simply not existing. MC2 had a next generation thing going on. Problem is, of course, almost all of them are unusable by Sony because Marvel or Fox have the rights instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The other significant difference is the other superheroes, as RYV's are modern ones and Spider-Gwen's world has the majority of them simply not existing. MC2 had a next generation thing going on. Problem is, of course, almost all of them are unusable by Sony because Marvel or Fox have the rights instead!
    Well, you could just do what the Raimi and Webb movies did; just focus on the Spidey characters in question and ignore everything else. I doubt Spider-Gwen fans would be unhappy to see her on the big screen just because she couldn't hang out with her Captain America friend.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's so sad that a grown-up Peter is seen as the exception now...
    I think the main problem that I have when it comes to every media outlet for Spidey deciding to start Peter from the beginning of his career (teenager) again is that they tend to tack on the lack of competence as a superhero and have him grow into the Spidey we all know and love again. So as much as people groan about seeing the origin story with Uncle Ben and all that over and over... Spider-Man learning to be a superhero is now played out for me... Which...I assume we are getting again, but with Miles instead hahaha. It will be nice to see Peter as an established superhero again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I think the main problem that I have when it comes to every media outlet for Spidey deciding to start Peter from the beginning of his career (teenager) again is that they tend to tack on the lack of competence as a superhero and have him grow into the Spidey we all know and love again. So as much as people groan about seeing the origin story with Uncle Ben and all that over and over... Spider-Man learning to be a superhero is now played out for me... Which...I assume we are getting again, but with Miles instead hahaha. It will be nice to see Peter as an established superhero again.
    True, though I think in Spectacular he was pretty darn competent and fully-formed by the time the series started, even if he hadn't fought any real Supervillains until the first episode.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    It will be nice to see Peter as an established superhero again.
    Has there ever been any media with Peter as an established superhero? Other than maybe the 90's show?