Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Default Spider-Man:Into the Spiderverse Teaser Trailer

Thought it needed it's own thread. Gut reactions so far?

I like the animation.

A lot of people seem to think this is an adaptation of Spider-Verse itself, which, no, it isn't. But I'm curious if the "Into the Spider-Verse" branding will be used to launch a Spider-Gwen movie or a Spider-Man 2099 movie or a Renew Your Vows movie or what have you.

The animation is certainly different. Not bad, definitely a lot of style in there, just not what I was expecting.

Looks like they're adapting Miles taking over from Peter after his death.

Aaron looks weird with Hobie's cape.

I agree about Miles' chest logo. I guess it explains the movie logo, but the circle seems unnecessary.

And is that...Peter at the end talking to Miles? Or an AU Peter? Is that what he means by "so how many of us are there?," they're talking about AU Spiders?

That golden spider at the end reminded me a lot of those collectables from the Beenox games.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Could be an AU Spider-Man or perhaps Miles actually met and Peter before he died
    Would make their relationship pretty tragic.

Probably Peter before he died. He's wearing a suit similar to Peter's in the scene so that's probably when he first starts out as Spider-Man. I'm guessing Peter will be around to train him for a bit, get killed and Miles will take over and avenge him.

I wonder who they'll get to voice Peter...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tom Holland? Tobey Maguire?

Probably not Garfield. Didn't he have a falling out with Sony executives after ASM 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Tom Holland? Tobey Maguire?

Probably not Garfield. Didn't he have a falling out with Sony executives after ASM 2?
    He looks too old to be voiced by Holland and I'm not sure if they'd go that Meta with this.

I know some of Garfields comments really rattled Sony execs about their handling of ASM2.

This is what I've wanted for such a long time. An animated Spider-Man movie. Looking forward to it.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I wish the actual Spider-Man cartoon looked half as good and stylish as this movie .

BANNED

I'm going to have to see more footage to adjust to this style, so far I'm not too hot on it...but I like the hoodie design and the semi-pimping afro Miles has at the end

I wish the actual Spider-Man cartoon looked half as good and stylish as this movie .
    They don't have anywhere near the budget to be able to pull something like this off.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I like the animation.

A lot of people seem to think this is an adaptation of Spider-Verse itself, which, no, it isn't. But I'm curious if the "Into the Spider-Verse" branding will be used to launch a Spider-Gwen movie or a Spider-Man 2099 movie or a Renew Your Vows movie or what have you.
    I mentioned this in the Miles thread, but the tone I got from the trailer coupled with the older Peter Parker near the end, gave me the vibes that this movie will be closer to Spider-Men rather than Spider-Verse. Spider-Verse is just the big branding that Marvel likes to market the Spider-line with.

My preference would be Josh Keaton, but the way these big budget animated movies work, they tend to favor casting on-screen actors over professional voice actors.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    My preference would be Josh Keaton, but the way these big budget animated movies work, they tend to favor casting on-screen actors over professional voice actors.
    Josh Keaton should be the answer to everything .

But yeah, that's totally true. Just look at that Marvel Rising project where Laura Bailey and Grey Griffin are replaced in their current VO roles by TV stars (though Dove Cameron's at least voiced Spider-Gwen before) and Dee Bradley Baker is just voicing the animal sidekicks.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

The animation looks really great; I wasn't too excited about this before, but this trailer really turned that hype on! I hope Peter shows up for a bit in this movie, as well. And this might just be wishful thinking, but I'd absolutely love it if we could get a similar animated Spider-Man 2099 movie after this.