Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81
  1. #31
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Sony is pretty shameless and at the end of their day, they know it's business. If they still think including Andrew Garfield as the voice of a Spider-Man can be a major draw, they will sign him up.

    But really, I actually think Emma Stone may be the bigger draw from that iteration of the franchise, especially if they bring her aboard to voice Spider-Gwen. I have also seen fans clamoring for Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst to voice the Renew Your Vows versions of Spider-Parents, and that would be cool too (even if Kirsten has made her own sassy comments about Sony's greedy need to keep rebooting Spider-Man till the end of time, I think Sony could still approach her, it's up to her if she wants to take it).

  2. #32
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    8,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Sony is pretty shameless and at the end of their day, they know it's business. If they still think including Andrew Garfield as the voice of a Spider-Man can be a major draw, they will sign him up.

    But really, I actually think Emma Stone may be the bigger draw from that iteration of the franchise, especially if they bring her aboard to voice Spider-Gwen. I have also seen fans clamoring for Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst to voice the Renew Your Vows versions of Spider-Parents, and that would be cool too (even if Kirsten has made her own sassy comments about Sony's greedy need to keep rebooting Spider-Man till the end of time, I think Sony could still approach her, it's up to her if she wants to take it).
    The movie is going to bring in Spider-Gwen and the RYV Parkers?

    (I'd love it if Maguire and Dunst played the RYV versions of Spidey and MJ in some kind of movie project, assuming something like that ever happens.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  3. #33
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The movie is going to bring in Spider-Gwen and the RYV Parkers?

    (I'd love it if Maguire and Dunst played the RYV versions of Spidey and MJ in some kind of movie project, assuming something like that ever happens.)
    Not confirmed, but many fans are assuming that given the confirmation of the actual Spider-Verse being acknowledged in the film, Spider-Gwen is a given in this film, a sequel, or even her own animated movie as she is one of the most popular SV characters. And since it is animation, a convenient way to have Emma Stone "reprise" her popular take on Gwen Stacy again.

    Maguire and Dunst voicing RYV Pete and MJ in this franchise is a fan desire that I've seen pop up on multiple forums too, considering their appropriate ages and the fact that the Raimi trilogy fanbase want to see them return in some way or the other again.

    Personally, I also think getting the opportunity to play the far more sassier Spider-Mom would be a great redemption for Dunst who was saddled with what many consider a watered down and bordering on bland Mary Jane in the original films (but it's funny how that divisive version of MJ still got more development in the Raimi films than the wafer thin MCU love interests who are barely there in their respective films).

  4. #34
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Sony is pretty shameless and at the end of their day, they know it's business. If they still think including Andrew Garfield as the voice of a Spider-Man can be a major draw, they will sign him up.

    But really, I actually think Emma Stone may be the bigger draw from that iteration of the franchise, especially if they bring her aboard to voice Spider-Gwen. I have also seen fans clamoring for Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst to voice the Renew Your Vows versions of Spider-Parents, and that would be cool too (even if Kirsten has made her own sassy comments about Sony's greedy need to keep rebooting Spider-Man till the end of time, I think Sony could still approach her, it's up to her if she wants to take it).
    Sony wanted a Spider-Gwen spinoff with Emma Stone way back when the leaked emails came out so I wouldn't be surprised if they try to make that happen with an animated spinoff.

    I understand the desire to see Maguire and Dunst as the RYV Parkers even if a part of me isn't in a rush to see them in those roles again.

  5. #35
    Mighty Member Zeitgeist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Anything Spider-Versey is probably one of the last things I care to see adapted to film, but it definitely looks pretty and it's good to see Miles get some shine somewhere.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

    ♪ღ♪░A░MEPHISTO░APPRECIATION░POST░♪ღ♪

    *•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

  6. #36
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    8,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Not confirmed, but many fans are assuming that given the confirmation of the actual Spider-Verse being acknowledged in the film, Spider-Gwen is a given in this film, a sequel, or even her own animated movie as she is one of the most popular SV characters. And since it is animation, a convenient way to have Emma Stone "reprise" her popular take on Gwen Stacy again.
    Would make sense.

    Maguire and Dunst voicing RYV Pete and MJ in this franchise is a fan desire that I've seen pop up on multiple forums too, considering their appropriate ages and the fact that the Raimi trilogy fanbase want to see them return in some way or the other again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Personally, I also think getting the opportunity to play the far more sassier Spider-Mom would be a great redemption for Dunst who was saddled with what many consider a watered down and bordering on bland Mary Jane in the original films (but it's funny how that divisive version of MJ still got more development in the Raimi films than the wafer thin MCU love interests who are barely there in their respective films).
    Even not going that far afield. I find it hysterical that the ASM movies Gwen Stacy is considered to be like of of the greatest girlfriend characters in comic book movies when compared to Raimi movie MJ or otherwise, when, if you look at it, Raimi movies MJ was actually a pretty well-developed character while Gwen never does much beyond be Spider-Man's girlfriend and be a plot device (not to that most of the things that fans complain about MJ doing, Gwen did as well but gets a pass for some reason).

    As far as the MCU movies go, the only love interest characters I can think of that really stood out as characters beyond that one role were Peggy Carter and maybe Pepper Potts. Black Widow (taking Age of Ultron into account), Gamorra, and Hope van Dyne would qualify, too, I guess, but romantic entanglements are on the back burner or mostly implied. The other major standout female character I can think of is Valkyrie, and she wasn't played as a romantic interest at all.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  7. #37
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,829

    Default

    Sheesh!! Something so epic and we have to wait for a whole year?!! I don't know if I will be able to survive the waiting.

  8. #38
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,130

    Default

    It may be more Spider-Men than Verse but given that they`re using it I`m hoping we get to see a contained story involving the mains.

    So, I`m naturally half expecting to see Ben in some capacity. Regardless, it looks beautiful and the soundtrack goes really well along with the trailer.

  9. #39
    Really Feeling It! Kevinroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Sony is pretty shameless and at the end of their day, they know it's business. If they still think including Andrew Garfield as the voice of a Spider-Man can be a major draw, they will sign him up.

    But really, I actually think Emma Stone may be the bigger draw from that iteration of the franchise, especially if they bring her aboard to voice Spider-Gwen. I have also seen fans clamoring for Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst to voice the Renew Your Vows versions of Spider-Parents, and that would be cool too (even if Kirsten has made her own sassy comments about Sony's greedy need to keep rebooting Spider-Man till the end of time, I think Sony could still approach her, it's up to her if she wants to take it).
    I think Maguire and Dunst would be great as Mayday's parents. But I doubt we'll get two teenage Spider girls in these films, and it's obvious they'd choose Spider-Gwen over Mayday.

    RYV has its own dynamic that could work. Particularly with a focus on kid Annie (as the original mini, and the early issues of the ongoing did).

  10. #40
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Not confirmed, but many fans are assuming that given the confirmation of the actual Spider-Verse being acknowledged in the film, Spider-Gwen is a given in this film, a sequel, or even her own animated movie as she is one of the most popular SV characters. And since it is animation, a convenient way to have Emma Stone "reprise" her popular take on Gwen Stacy again.

    Maguire and Dunst voicing RYV Pete and MJ in this franchise is a fan desire that I've seen pop up on multiple forums too, considering their appropriate ages and the fact that the Raimi trilogy fanbase want to see them return in some way or the other again.

    Personally, I also think getting the opportunity to play the far more sassier Spider-Mom would be a great redemption for Dunst who was saddled with what many consider a watered down and bordering on bland Mary Jane in the original films (but it's funny how that divisive version of MJ still got more development in the Raimi films than the wafer thin MCU love interests who are barely there in their respective films).

    Hasn’t been confirmed that this is the actual Spider-Verse either, fans have just taken the name and ran with it adding in which Spider they’d like to see. Given how since the reveal of this movie happening has been focused only on Miles and Peter dying it would be a huge swerve to piss off a whole lot of people to use Miles to sneak Gwen/Miguel/etc through the back door

  11. #41
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    65,343

    Default

    Next thing you know the post-credits scene is Spider-Gwen or 2099 swinging around in their respective dimensions .

  12. #42
    Mighty Member Angilasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    The animation style for this looks incredible! I mean, if this goes the way I think it may this may end up being the most beautiful looking superhero film from the current cycle of superhero films!

  13. #43

    Default

    Pretty excited for the movie,great to see mile morale getting a lot of attention.
    I think this is the first animated spider man movie.
    Last edited by Commander Wort; 12-10-2017 at 06:08 PM.

  14. #44
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Hasn’t been confirmed that this is the actual Spider-Verse either, fans have just taken the name and ran with it adding in which Spider they’d like to see. Given how since the reveal of this movie happening has been focused only on Miles and Peter dying it would be a huge swerve to piss off a whole lot of people to use Miles to sneak Gwen/Miguel/etc through the back door
    They do show Miles ask what looks like an adult Peter (probably from another universe) about "How many of us are there again?" at the end of the trailer. That in addition to the More than One Wears the Mask angle they are going for seems like some kind of an adaptation of Spider-Verse. Though this first movie could just be an introduction.

    There's also the fact that Lord & Miller have a history of combining different IP's together in the same universe as seen in The Lego Movie.

  15. #45
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    10,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Even not going that far afield. I find it hysterical that the ASM movies Gwen Stacy is considered to be like of of the greatest girlfriend characters in comic book movies when compared to Raimi movie MJ or otherwise, when, if you look at it, Raimi movies MJ was actually a pretty well-developed character while Gwen never does much beyond be Spider-Man's girlfriend and be a plot device (not to that most of the things that fans complain about MJ doing, Gwen did as well but gets a pass for some reason).

    As far as the MCU movies go, the only love interest characters I can think of that really stood out as characters beyond that one role were Peggy Carter and maybe Pepper Potts. Black Widow (taking Age of Ultron into account), Gamorra, and Hope van Dyne would qualify, too, I guess, but romantic entanglements are on the back burner or mostly implied. The other major standout female character I can think of is Valkyrie, and she wasn't played as a romantic interest at all.
    I did find Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy to have more of an impact than most of the MCU love interests and at times she came close to overshadowing Andrew Garfield himself, but I agree that Kirsten Dunst's MJ is still the most developed and fleshed out love interest in superhero movies (not counting villains/superheroes like Catwoman in Batman Returns).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •