Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Has there ever been any media with Peter as an established superhero? Other than maybe the 90's show?
    Define "established Superhero."

In Spec he had a whole summer of experience by the time of the first episode, as I recall, and in Amazing Friends and the MTV show he was already fairly active as Spider-Man.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes also had Spidey as an established Superhero that SHIELD was interested in before he made his debut (with the infamous switch between Josh Keaton and Drake Bell).

There's also Spider-Man: Unlimited and most video games.

Even in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon Peter being the hero with the most experience is why Fury put him in charge of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    True, though I think in Spectacular he was pretty darn competent and fully-formed by the time the series started, even if he hadn't fought any real Supervillains until the first episode.
    Well, the idea of the show, as I recall, was that it started at the beginning of a school year and he'd been operating as Spider-Man over the summer, so he did have some superheroing experience already. But, the show did a pretty good job of presenting him as someone relatively new to the job but not incompetent.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, the idea of the show, as I recall, was that it started at the beginning of a school year and he'd been operating as Spider-Man over the summer, so he did have some superheroing experience already. But, the show did a pretty good job of presenting him as someone relatively new to the job but not incompetent.
    That it did (especially in contrast to Homecoming or Marvel's Spider-Man).

Astonishing Member

Spectacular Spider-Man is fantastic. Easily one of the best Spidey things ever.

Here’s a Q&A vid Phil Lord & Chris Miller did for the movie during Brazil Comic-Con.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be fine with that so long as they actually write her like Anya and not the Sajani stand-in she is in the current Spider-Man cartoon.
    Agreed.

Anya is fun and athletic, not... That.