Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Depending on if Sony’s Black Cat movie ever gets made or not, they could use Felicia for Peter’s college love interest. It would be something new and different that neither of the past live action Spider-man movies attempted to do.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 05-16-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Yeah, I could see her filling the rebellious niche well, actually.

But this taps into something I find interesting, in that they've lead immediately with Mary Jane after a little bit of Liz Allan. And I can't see Zendaya hanging around for 9 films or whatever, and chances are they're not going to recast the role when there's other characters to bring in her place, so are they in effect going to flip MJ and Gwen around, maybe? Not saying one is going to be dropped from a great height because been there, done that, but I'm intrigued on how they'll play it.
    Well, Michelle, not really Mary Jane...

I'm not sure what the plan is between Sony/Marvel but I think the plan is for the current cast to stick around for a while (assuming the deal is kept).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Depending on if Sony’s Black Cat movie ever gets made or not, they could use Felicia for Peter’s college love interest. It would be something new and different that neither of the past live action Spider-man movies attempted to do.
    If they can use Felicia then, yeah, I can see them introducing her during Peter's college years.

It would actually be kind of funny if that girl with white hair in Homecoming was actually her but she didn't become Black Cat until they were both in college and Peter doesn't remember going to high school with her (kind of like Jessica Jones) .

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The Sony-MCU deal isn't forever. And Sony might feel compelled to go into a new direction especially with ITSV and so on. At the end of the day, this is about Sony and what they want. It will be interesting if they do Tom Holland's Peter in college.
    Not forever, but rumours are from those in the know that Sony and Marvel are or already have negotiated a new deal to keep it ongoing. ITSV was a hit on all fronts but still fills a different pocket as an animated film compared to live action. If Sony wanted to do their own live action, would Holland go? Would they have to recast? I can't imagine many would be happy about that iteration being cornered away from the MCI in the 'SonyVerse'. At the end of the day they both like making money and the live action deal is very mutually beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Michelle, not really Mary Jane...
    Tomato, tomato
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Spider-Man: Homecoming was the 2nd biggest Spider-Man movie (behind only Spider-Man 3), and Far From Home is likely to be even bigger than Homecoming, mainly due to coming off of Avengers Endgame.

Meanwhile, the Amazing films were the lowest grossing live action Spider-Man films ever made.

I'm not seeing whatever deal Sony made with Marvel as ending any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Spider-Man: Homecoming was the 2nd biggest Spider-Man movie (behind only Spider-Man 3), and Far From Home is likely to be even bigger than Homecoming, mainly due to coming off of Avengers Endgame.

Meanwhile, the Amazing films were the lowest grossing live action Spider-Man films ever made.

I'm not seeing whatever deal Sony made with Marvel as ending any time soon.
    And Amy Pascal is gone and she seemed to be the one most intent on pushing independent Spidey stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Yeah, I could see her filling the rebellious niche well, actually.

But this taps into something I find interesting, in that they've lead immediately with Mary Jane after a little bit of Liz Allan. And I can't see Zendaya hanging around for 9 films or whatever, and chances are they're not going to recast the role when there's other characters to bring in her place, so are they in effect going to flip MJ and Gwen around, maybe? Not saying one is going to be dropped from a great height because been there, done that, but I'm intrigued on how they'll play it.
    may come down to the contractual obligations too. depends how many films the cast have signed for
    troo fan or death

BANNED

And Amy Pascal is gone and she seemed to be the one most intent on pushing independent Spidey stuff.
    The fact is that Sony Pictures for as long as they will continue to exist, will never let go of Spider-Man.

This is looking like fun, even though I HATE another villain knowing Spider-Man is Peter Parker, HATE IT with passion. And this has more people randomly knowing Peter's secrete identity.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Add another one to the list but does it matter? Cause even when Spiderman hid is ID his family and friends still get involved or attacked by his enemies.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    This is looking like fun, even though I HATE another villain knowing Spider-Man is Peter Parker, HATE IT with passion. And this has more people randomly knowing Peter's secrete identity.
    Yeah I mean how many movies do you need with the villain going "Parker" and so on. All interactions become repetitive. How many times will people go "Just a kid" and so on. Where is the freshness in the comics where Goblin reacted with shock that Spider-Man was just some young kid when he unmasked in ASM#39? or that Octopus on Peter's first "unmasking" dismissed it since he can't imagine Spider-Man that young (remember his rage in Sacassia's Sensational post-unmasking in recalling that incident that he wasted 10 years of his life in a rivalry with a 15 year old who's now in his mid 20s).

Although it would be cool when they bring in Kraven. That's a guy who is obsessively fixated on Spider-Man and doesn't care for the guy behind him, doesn't want to know his secret identity. To him Spider-Man not being the totem he claims to represent is something he literally cannot compute. Knowing Sony/MCU they might still screw him up but the lack of interest in the secret identity is a consistent thing with Kraven more than any other Spider-Man rogue. Among Spidey rogues, Kraven definitely has that quality that Post-Crisis Joker has about not caring who the hero really is and believing the mask to be the real self (the difference being that Joker is right about Batman being the true self, while Kraven is wrong about Spider-Man being the true self).

So Kraven stands a chance to be totally unique if they do him right.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Yeah I mean how many movies do you need with the villain going "Parker" and so on. All interactions become repetitive. How many times will people go "Just a kid" and so on. Where is the freshness in the comics where Goblin reacted with shock that Spider-Man was just some young kid when he unmasked in ASM#39? or that Octopus on Peter's first "unmasking" dismissed it since he can't imagine Spider-Man that young (remember his rage in Sacassia's Sensational post-unmasking in recalling that incident that he wasted 10 years of his life in a rivalry with a 15 year old who's now in his mid 20s).

Although it would be cool when they bring in Kraven. That's a guy who is obsessively fixated on Spider-Man and doesn't care for the guy behind him, doesn't want to know his secret identity. To him Spider-Man not being the totem he claims to represent is something he literally cannot compute. Knowing Sony/MCU they might still screw him up but the lack of interest in the secret identity is a consistent thing with Kraven more than any other Spider-Man rogue. Among Spidey rogues, Kraven definitely has that quality that Post-Crisis Joker has about not caring who the hero really is and believing the mask to be the real self (the difference being that Joker is right about Batman being the true self, while Kraven is wrong about Spider-Man being the true self).

So Kraven stands a chance to be totally unique if they do him right.
    I miss when we had villains who would go "we'll meet again, Spider-Man!" and sell it genuinely.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Speaking of, I wouldn't be surprised if the Spider-Verse spin-offs she started listing off gets folded into a single sequel. She had a habit of butting the cart before the horse.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Speaking of, I wouldn't be surprised if the Spider-Verse spin-offs she started listing off gets folded into a single sequel. She had a habit of butting the cart before the horse.
    I'm not sure if the Spider-Women movie will happen, but since Gwen is supposed to still be the co-lead of Spider-Verse 2 they might set some stuff up in the sequel for if/when they do do that movie.

BANNED