Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i hope Peter here is more confident and is more prone to use lots of jokes, even out of costume.
    I hope he's more capable and less of a reckless clumsy oaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    This is based on Ultimate Spider-Man, more or less, and spider sense was not a big deal in that universe. He had it but I can't recall it being a factor other than being an occasional plot device.
    It's used properly, and not used -as Doctor Strange 616 once said- "Part scientific, part mystic"
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Mysterio looks nothing short of incredible. Can’t wait for this!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Looks Great and a Lot of Fun.

BANNED

I am really not a big fan of this version of Spider-man/Peter and his history in the MCU. It just feels off to me as a fan of Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I am really not a big fan of this version of Spider-man/Peter and his history in the MCU. It just feels off to me as a fan of Spider-man.
    Didn't Peter work with Fury like this in the Ultimate comic book line? It seems like it's taking a nice chunk of it's inspiration from those comics (also see Ned).

The whole "Elementals" thing still doesn't feel very Spider-Manish to me though, but I'm certain it's part of a con by Mysterio (who indeed does look brilliant).
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Agreed. Im extremely disappointed with MCU Spider-man. If this was the version of the character I was introduced to I would not be a fan.

MYSTERIOOOOO!
    This looks like it'll be a blast, I still love Tom Holland's portrayal as Peter and Spider-Man and his dynamic with everyone so I think it'll be fun to see.
    Hydro-Man, Molten Man, and Sandman look really cool, and I like the little elements from other Spider-Man lore their incorporating here: (Tony's assistant falling for Aunt May, Flash liking Spider-Man, Fury recruiting Spider-Man, Peter liking MJ)

BANNED

I love it when people say "as a fan of..." prefacing a negative comment as though the people who do like it are somehow not actually fans themselves.

I've been reading Spidey since about '73/'74 and - AS A FAN - I love this incarnation of Spidey, as it combines elements of classic 616 Spidey and the Ultimate universe.

It doesn't feel "off" to me at all but as smart, canny synthesis, drawing from various sources.

As for this trailer, it's great. I has the feel of a big Summer Annual.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    The whole "Elementals" thing still doesn't feel very Spider-Manish to me though, but I'm certain it's part of a con by Mysterio (who indeed does look brilliant).
    I fully expect that the "Elementals" are part of whatever con game Mysterio is playing - setting himself up to be a hero while secretly working on a crime.

Trailer looks fun loved how May is supportive of Peter and I liked how she pack his suit and left a note. Also the security check was funny cause the person could've assumed he was a cosplayer. Mysterio looks cool I kinda see a little Doctor Strange magic circles. Overall I think it's going to do fine and will continue the Sony and Marvel sharing arrangement

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    Agreed. Im extremely disappointed with MCU Spider-man. If this was the version of the character I was introduced to I would not be a fan.
    So... do you guys have any thoughts on the actual trailer, rather than your general feelings toward MCU Spidey?

Not really feeling it, I'll wait to see another trailer to see if it connects for me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    So... do you guys have any thoughts on the actual trailer, rather than your general feelings toward MCU Spidey?
    It’s interesting...I mean Mysterio’s appearance in the end. It’s going to be interestingly indeed to see how Spider-Man and him will have to work together. Not that it has been done before.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So apparently Mysterio is sexy now. Twitter is full of "Mysterio fuckers" as they call themselves.

Anyone catch--

spoilers:
    Pepper potts has signed the check and not tony. Also avengers tower is getting rebuilt in one shot.
    end of spoilers

Also--

spoilers:
    Avengers tower has a huge hole in it!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-15-2019 at 08:55 AM.