Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    1.) Both she and Ultimate MJ started off as "ugly ducklings".

2.) Both she and Ultimate MJ are science wiz kids.

3.) Both have a spunky attitude (she and 616 MJ)

4.) (easy one) Both are love interests of Spider-Man

5.) Both have the same initials (as you mentioned).

6.) Both have very similar personalities in general (at least I think so).

Maybe it is just me but I think they are rather similar.
    Michelle doesnt seem spunky to me or she would've been more lively at Liz's Party Mj would've partied hard if she is was there

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Michelle doesnt seem spunky to me or she would've been more lively at Liz's Party Mj would've partied hard if she is was there
    Difference or interpretation. I was referencing her dry sense of humor and snarkiness to Peter & co. These traits remind me a great deal of both 616 MJ & Ultimate MJ.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don’t think we’ve seen enough of Michelle to really say she’s supposed to be MJ. Maybe that’ll change after FFM, but at the moment those similarities are pretty basic and not that convincing.
    We'll agree to disagree I see them as rather convincing. I think, in secret, the production crew does as well because of that little initials in-joke. But who knows I could be wrong.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Homecoming is a fun movie, but most characters don't feet at all like their comic counterpart. This Peter is really different from comic Peter, particularly the Ditko one, Flash is nothing like Flash Thompson, Michelle has nothing of MJ, save for her initials, Liz didn't feel like Liz and don't get me started on "Ned". It's something that I now accept and that won't prevent me from having a good time with the movie, but I don't consider Marvel studios Spider-man a faithful adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Homecoming is a fun movie, but most characters don't feet at all like their comic counterpart. This Peter is really different from comic Peter, particularly the Ditko one, Flash is nothing like Flash Thompson, Michelle has nothing of MJ, save for her initials, Liz didn't feel like Liz and don't get me started on "Ned". It's something that I now accept and that won't prevent me from having a good time with the movie, but I don't consider Marvel studios Spider-man a faithful adaptation.
    I agree with you on all of this, but like you said.. I'm still going to enjoy the movie. Still, I'd have preferred a more accurate Flash & MJ plus a Harry.

I'm not sold on the black on the arms.

the homecoming suit is gorgeous. So far, this one looks like some cosplay suit. I'm sure it will look better on film though.

Spectacular Member

the homecoming suit is gorgeous. So far, this one looks like some cosplay suit. I'm sure it will look better on film though.
    got to disagree, it looks great in that Kimmel clip

that said I do prefer the homecoming one though

I prefer the Homecoming suit but I dont mind this one. I'm sure it will look great on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm not sold on the black on the arms.
    So I take it that this was endorsed by Sony and Marvel?

I agree 100%. I think a lot of casting decisions were made to due the current politicized social climate we live in, and the characters mentioned were deemed safe enough choices to change without eliciting too much backlash from the older fans. I also concur that the changes do not detract from the ability to enjoy the movie, I will add that it kind of seems like Marvel/Disney does not really know what it ultimately wants to do with Spider-Man/Peter Parker.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

here is some concept art for iron spiderman for Infinity war. Ultimately I liked how they went for the movie. Because all they add was a bigger spider and change the color to the original stark suit. what are your guy's opinion?
    https://twitter.com/akaspidey/status...08867949416454Dq7NawrXgAI-p9C.jpgDq7NcYBWwAAG8Tx.jpgDq2ap4TWsAES80W.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    here is some concept art for iron spiderman for Infinity war. Ultimately I liked how they went for the movie. Because all they add was a bigger spider and change the color to the original stark suit. what are your guy's opinion?
    https://twitter.com/akaspidey/status...08867949416454Dq7NawrXgAI-p9C.jpgDq7NcYBWwAAG8Tx.jpgDq2ap4TWsAES80W.jpg
    Yeah, while I think the suit is too busy and teched-out for a Spider-Man costume, visually I think it looked a lot better then the comic Iron Spider design (at least the one Peter uses).