Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    They gave her the initials "MJ". That's it. Making any more of it is pointless until the movie is released.

Homecoming was essentially a new supporting cast. Some names pop up, but don't mean very much (Liz Toomes isn't Liz Allan in any meaningful way).

I'm finding the series aversion to Manhattan to be more troubling than these little bits.
    Aside from having her life get screwed up by Peter Parker .

Astonishing Member

I don't like the black over the glove. Prefer the gloves to be red completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I don't like the black over the glove. Prefer the gloves to be red completely.
    It does seem a little tacked on to me as well. I don't think it meshes with the rest of the suit that well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It does seem a little tacked on to me as well. I don't think it meshes with the rest of the suit that well.
    I agree with you. My favourite MCU Spidey suit is the one Stark gives Pete in Civil War because it doesn't have the AI we found out in Homecoming.

I agree with you. My favourite MCU Spidey suit is the one Stark gives Pete in Civil War because it doesn't have the AI we found out in Homecoming.
    A.I. I like. It's good substitute for having internal monologues. It's all the other tech nonsense that irritates me. 576 webshooter combinations? Wut?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

That suit is totally inspired by the Alex Ross suit for the first Spidey film.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-13-2018 at 01:29 AM.

Isn't it the exact same suit? He just hadn't unlocked the AI yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    A.I. I like. It's good substitute for having internal monologues. It's all the other tech nonsense that irritates me. 576 webshooter combinations? Wut?
    I get why they had Karen in there from a narrative standpoint, but I just really don't care for the idea of a Spider-Man costume that has an AI in it. It makes it too much like an Iron Man suit.

I get why they had Karen in there from a narrative standpoint, but I just really don't care for the idea of a Spider-Man costume that has an AI in it. It makes it too much like an Iron Man suit.
    It's also a terrible idea from a practical standpoint. Tony wears armor, so his AI is protected. Peter's costume is skintight fabric that's going to take abuse. The suit's going to need a six figure tune up after each outing. (And armoring the spider suit may be fine for a specific goal or mission . . . but it would interfere with Spider-Man's power set.)

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    That's a good point. I'm so tired of this counterfeit Mary Jane. She is far inferior to the original.
    I think it might be time to accept that this's a new character and take her on her own terms. Personally, I like the Michelle Jones character. She fits into this specific iteration of the Spidey mythos, IMHO.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think it might be time to accept that this's a new character and take her on her own terms. Personally, I like the Michelle Jones character. She fits into this specific iteration of the Spidey mythos, IMHO.
    We literally know nothing about her in the limited scenes she had in homecoming and due to her sharing the same initials as Mary Jane she getting a lot of unnecessary hate.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I feel like it's going to get harder to do that if they keep up with the "MJ" nickname and try and develop her more into a Mary Jane stand-in for the MCU.

Astonishing Member

Isn't it the exact same suit? He just hadn't unlocked the AI yet.

Colours in the CW suit are darker. HC is brighter, can see the black leg lines more. That suit looks waxy sheen at times.

Colours in the CW suit are darker. HC is brighter, can see the black leg lines more. That suit looks waxy sheen at times.
    That has to do with different colour palettes than actually being different suit.

so what are the details of the story plot? How many students is Peter traveling with? Hopefully this takes place before Infinity wars. that would free the filmmakers to avoid a lot of global angst (and destruction?).
    how does Mysterio become a villain? What's his goal?
    How does Nick Fury fit into the story?
    What happened with Aunt May finding out the secret?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what are the details of the story plot? How many students is Peter traveling with? Hopefully this takes place before Infinity wars. that would free the filmmakers to avoid a lot of global angst (and destruction?).
    how does Mysterio become a villain? What's his goal?
    How does Nick Fury fit into the story?
    What happened with Aunt May finding out the secret?
    Pretty sure they'd try to keep almost everything under the wraps until Avengers 4 gets released.