Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Final Trailer Leaks Online with a Ton of New Footage
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKYyf_ZW0jA

Quote Originally Posted by gamora2020 View Post
    so he pretty much makes the final suit himself which will calm many people here. surprisingly there wasn't any new major footage they still have Mysterio portray as a good guy good job for that Sony. I wonder how much money this movie will make though in the box office? I am hoping for a billion
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

So, potential spoilers ahead, but....

In the leaked trailer, May mentions that the crooks we see Peter taking down in the restaurant work for Silvermane (She asks him if he took down the Manfredi family). That little detail really excites me.

I like how Watts and co are working so many villains into these movies without it feeling either overstuffed (Spider-Man 3) or like it's trying to rush sequels (the ASM movies). Homecoming alone has Spidey directly fight four comic book villains (Vulture, Jackson Brice, Shocker, and a pre-Scorpion Mac Gargan) on top of a fifth villain in a major supporting role (Tinkerer). Meanwhile, this movie has (presumably) Silvermane, Mysterio, HydroMan, Molten man, Sandman, and at least one more (although they might end up being illusions). Still, I commend Watts on being the only director so far to juggle multiple villains in a Spidey flick.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Not sure on that but I've seen worse merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by gamora2020 View Post
    I wish they wouldn't expose so much footage in trailers now. extended peeks, etc.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Reviews of Far From Home came in.
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spi..._far_from_home

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/spi...-far-from-home

Rotten Tomato has 91% and Metacritic has 69%.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Rotten Tomato has 91% and Metacritic has 69%.
    Feels legit. I mean Jon Watts is not much of a director and the MCU Spider-Man solo movies haven't been thought out too much in detail and as a setting it's not imagined well.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Feels legit. I mean Jon Watts is not much of a director and the MCU Spider-Man solo movies haven't been thought out too much in detail and as a setting it's not imagined well.
    Aren't those scores good though? Or are we assuming the standard rate of attrition for those initial scores?

All the reviews I've seen on Twitter have been particularly glowing. Maybe not Into the Spider-Verse glowing, but still.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aren't those scores good though? Or are we assuming the standard rate of attrition for those initial scores?

All the reviews I've seen on Twitter have been particularly glowing. Maybe not Into the Spider-Verse glowing, but still.
    Meta Critic is more legit than RT. And 69% on meta critic suggests an average or slightly-above-average movie. ITSV got 87%. Endgame got 78%.

The MCU Spider-Man movies suffers a lot from the stuff that hampered Zack Snyder's DCEU movies only there they faced legit consequences that the MCU Spider-Man hasn't faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Meta Critic is more legit than RT. And 69% on meta critic suggests an average or slightly-above-average movie. ITSV got 87%. Endgame got 78%.

The MCU Spider-Man movies suffers a lot from the stuff that hampered Zack Snyder's DCEU movies only there they faced legit consequences that the MCU Spider-Man hasn't faced.
    Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic measure different things.

Rotten Tomatoes looks at the percentage of critics giving a good score. For their purposes, "OK" is the same as "Greatest performance in a generation." "Flawed but interesting" might also be the same as "Terrible garbage" if both are taken as negative reviews.

Metacritic gives reviews a score, and looks at the average.

Right now, the scores suggest that this is a film with broad appeal but not one that people go out of their way to praise. The critics generally seem to agree that it's fine.

There are more reviews counted for the Rotten Tomatoes score, so it's possible that Metacritic one will go up a bit as more reviews are counted.

For comparison, Shazam had a pretty much identical metacritic score (70.) Spider-Man: Homecoming was slightly higher. (73) Green Book, the latest Best Picture winner, was also at 69. Thor: The Dark World, consensus choice for weakest MCU film, was at 54.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Even Marvel think Dark World was bad, that's why Thor got retooled for Ragnarok.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Even Marvel think Dark World was bad, that's why Thor got retooled for Ragnarok.
    true its among the worst of the mcu but they still reference it in Endgame which elevate it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Saw FFH at the midnight show last night and, wow, Jon Watts and company freaking nailed it. If you thought it would be intimidating to follow-up not just HOMECOMING but also be the next MCU chapter after ENDGAME and follow INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE as well as the next big screen Spidey outing, FFH doesn't show any of that strain. It just slays from start to finish. My God was this a fun movie, with a lot of heart to boot. And Mysterio fans will not be disappointed. Gyllenhaal's Quentin Beck may actually be my favorite depiction of a Spidey villain to date. And there's been some great ones, so that's saying something.

Anyhow, I don't need to prompt anyone here to rush to the theater to see this but I will say if you don't see it immediately, watch the fu*k out for spoilers.

In particular, you do NOT want the post-credit teasers revealed before you see 'em for yourself.

Loved this movie! The wait for the next one is going to feel very, very long.