Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

All too bad that this is "after" Avengers 4. it could easily be before the events of Infinity War.

So if the "elementals" turn out to be creations/machinations of Beck, my guess is that's the most we'll ever see of MCU versions of Sandman, Hydroman and, whatever the fire-person is..

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

If they are building towards the sinister 6, it is possible one of them is a real person that’s in on the con with Beck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    If they are building towards the sinister 6, it is possible one of them is a real person that’s in on the con with Beck.
    I was just going to say, it's possible that all these "Elementals" are actually villains working with Beck.

Beck "disperses" them to put on a show and make himself look like a hero but they're all in on it together. So this really could be Sandman, Hydro-Man and whatever the other elemental character is.

please don't let any of them be responsible for Uncle Ben's murder.

BANNED

Here's the best trailer rundown I've read so far:

http://collider.com/spider-man-far-f..._medium=social

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

I’m a huge fan of the first film, so I am very much looking forward to this!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I’m a huge fan of the first film, so I am very much looking forward to this!
    Same here - I loved Homecoming!

BANNED

(caution: just the panel, not the trailer)

Ultimate Member

Honestly I'm fine with the idea of spoilers:
    Aunt May dating again. I mean it's got to have been at least a few years since Uncle Ben's death and it's not fair to ask her to be a lonely single woman for the rest of her life if she doesn't have to. Especially since this version of May is younger than her 616 counterpart as well. Also more Happy Hogan is always good imo.

As for Peter/Michelle, well it seemed obvious to me that she was interested in him in the last movie and just didn't want to openly admit it. So it's just a matter of him reciprocating, which might very well happen given that they've presumably spent far more time around each other since then.

Mysterio starting out as more heroic, or at least pretending to be, is an interesting idea and the latter would kind of fit in with his whole "trickery/illusion" gimmick as well.
    end of spoilers

i hope Peter here is more confident and is more prone to use lots of jokes, even out of costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    The "elementals" thing sounds silly, so much so that I feel it's part of a con by Mysterio.
    It's Mysterio. It's very likely going to all be an act.
    I don't think the Elementals will turn out to be real but I think the other Sinister Six member might turn out to be Chameleon if he's actually in this (and presumably working with Beck).
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post

It sounds less like Happy and Aunt May are dating and more just another male commenting on how hot MCU Aunt May is (which is, like, 90% of MCU Aunt May's character by this point).

The school dance was more a school thing then Spider-Man thing but having a spare Spidey gear in the vicinity is also the reason he was able to stop Vulture.

I have to imagine the crowd yelling for the cast was more because of the actors then for the characters (like, how many fans does MCU Flash have? Betty was barely even in Homecoming). I guess with Liz gone Betty can finally get screentime now, which is kind of funny considering the rivalry they had in the comics.

"Usually, Spider-Man’s spider-sense would kick in so I was wondering what was going on" Watts' Peter doesn't really have Spider-Sense. I mean, how many times was he taken by surprise in Homecoming? Most of the movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Honestly I'm fine with the idea of spoilers:
    Aunt May dating again. I mean it's got to have been at least a few years since Uncle Ben's death and it's not fair to ask her to be a lonely single woman for the rest of her life if she doesn't have to. Especially since this version of May is younger than her 616 counterpart as well. Also more Happy Hogan is always good imo.

As for Peter/Michelle, well it seemed obvious to me that she was interested in him in the last movie and just didn't want to openly admit it. So it's just a matter of him reciprocating, which might very well happen given that they've presumably spent far more time around each other since then.

Mysterio starting out as more heroic, or at least pretending to be, is an interesting idea and the latter would kind of fit in with his whole "trickery/illusion" gimmick as well.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't necesarilly have an issue with Aunt May dating again per se, but I'd prefer it be with an actual Spider-Man supporting character and after Aunt May has contributed a bit more meaningful moments in this film then she has at this point...plus more acknowledgement of Uncle Ben then we've gotten too.

I hope we're not supposed to assume most of the Peter/Michelle relationship development happened off-screen.

Mysterio pretending to be a hero stopping crimes he committed dates back to his original appearance.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i hope Peter here is more confident and is more prone to use lots of jokes, even out of costume.
    I am ready for a movie Spider-Man that's competent and very quippy.

Holland's Peter growing into PS4 Peter is probably the most ideal endgame for MCU Spidey.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I imagine his Spidey sense not detecting Fury is because he wasn’t in danger. Same with Ned and Aunt May in homecoming.

I imagine his Spidey sense not detecting Fury is because he wasn’t in danger. Same with Ned and Aunt May in homecoming.
    I think that's probably it plot-wise but Spider-Sense was so nonexistent in Homecoming that I just have to assume it's not a factor at all here.

I think it would be cool if Spider-Sense not kicking in with the Elementals is how Peter realizes they're not "real."

Now that I think about it, Spider-Sense is usually how he has an edge over Mysterio since it lets him tell what's fake from what's not. Kind of curious to see if they implement that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's probably it plot-wise but Spider-Sense was so nonexistent in Homecoming that I just have to assume it's not a factor at all here.

I think it would be cool if Spider-Sense not kicking in with the Elementals is how Peter realizes they're not "real."

Now that I think about it, Spider-Sense is usually how he has an edge over Mysterio since it lets him tell what's fake from what's not. Kind of curious to see if they implement that here.
    They won't do that. I guarantee you they won't do that. This version of the character, while I like it, forgets so many things about classic Spider-Man that it's just funny at times. :P

This is based on Ultimate Spider-Man, more or less, and spider sense was not a big deal in that universe. He had it but I can't recall it being a factor other than being an occasional plot device.

Well I guess I'm ok with Aunt May dating but I really wish they wouldn't waste much time at all with it. Who cares? Whoever she dates always ends up as cannon fodder anyway.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.