Page 32 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Molten Man may not be a headline name but with Liz Allen already in the universe, they could do a lot more with the character than have him be a throwaway. As for Sandman, they've shown via Aunt May and MJ that you can use a character that's already appeared prominently in one or even two different film incarnations and still do something different.
    Meh, I don’t think anyone is gonna be too upset that they threw Hydro Man and Molten Man under the bus, and away from the spotlight of being main villains. I’d much rather see new, bigger villains from Spidey’s rogue gallery take centre stage.
    "A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step."

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderx3000 View Post
    Meh, I don’t think anyone is gonna be too upset that they threw Hydro Man and Molten Man under the bus, and away from the spotlight of being main villains. I’d much rather see new, bigger villains from Spidey’s rogue gallery take centre stage.
    I would have probably thought the same thing at one point, but not after just seeing the Prowler's stock rise from Into The Spider-Verse, of all villains.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    That's actually an interesting point right there. SM2 was the first one I watched in theaters, but, even knowing the story of his eventual return, was an interesting yet stop gate take. The first was revolutionary because of the fact that half the movie was him out of costume, learning the world, learning his powers, and growing then: an extended version of AF #15 and USM #1-7 (kind of). His arc is definitely interrupted with the third movie, but I guess it's true that they pulled their own reset with the end of one (and I didn't like the fact that he walked away from her either - I mean really? He practically threw himself on her in the comics, but he walks away in the movies? Right...)
    When Peter leaves MJ at the end of SM1, it's because she had just been targeted for her personal connection to him. So it's just an extension of 'with great power, comes great responsibility..." He can't have the one relationship he's always wanted because he's afraid it will put MJ in danger. He only feels free to enter into a relationship with her A) when he doesn't have powers or B) when she knows who he is, and the risk she's taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    I would have probably thought the same thing at one point, but not after just seeing the Prowler's stock rise from Into The Spider-Verse, of all villains.
    Ultimate Prowler was always a pretty interesting villain in that he had such a close connection to Miles’ personal life. I think the only way a connection like that could be formed with the aforementioned villains to Peter would need some pretty hamfisted retconning like with Sandman in Spider-Man 3.
    "A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step."

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    When Peter leaves MJ at the end of SM1, it's because she had just been targeted for her personal connection to him.
    The person who did the targeting is dead. It was his funeral they were attending when he did that moronic thing. It doesn't even make sense in the logic of the film. And in any case, Spider-Man saved her life twice (Unity Day parade, and from that gang of crooks in that alley) so it's not like being Spider-Man by itself is dangerous to her, since she almost died randomly through no fault of either of them before Norman found out. And now Goblin is dead.

So it's just an extension of 'with great power, comes great responsibility..." He can't have the one relationship he's always wanted because he's afraid it will put MJ in danger. He only feels free to enter into a relationship with her A) when he doesn't have powers or B) when she knows who he is, and the risk she's taking.
    All of that is totally out of character for Peter Parker is what we are saying. Peter would never do any of these things. This is a Superman Silver Age or a Richard Donner thing shoehorned on to Spider-Man.

hopefully "new MJ" and Peter will get closer and she'll appear in the comics sooner rather than later. No more excuses. She's here and deserves to stay.

Glad to see a globe trotting theme that gets out of New York for a good while. I've never been in the camp of "new york city is a character!" camp, Spider-Man can be Spidey anywhere.

Hopefully the climax will not end with the villain(s) being killed. They did a great alternative ending with the Vulture being captured last time, instead of a "clear" death or even a "mysterious death". (and how bizarre is it that capturing the villain at the end gets to be a surprise exception to the 'rule'?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully "new MJ" and Peter will get closer and she'll appear in the comics sooner rather than later. No more excuses. She's here and deserves to stay.
    Reverse. Time to drop this "Michelle Jones" bs and reveal her real name is Mary Jane coz... why isn't this girl playing a more traditional Mary Jane again?

Last edited by Confuzzled; 01-18-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Reverse. Time to drop this "Michelle Jones" bs and reveal her real name is Mary Jane coz... why isn't this girl playing a more traditional Mary Jane again?

I heard a rumor that MJ in this movie will express interest in theatre and will use "Mary Jane Watson" as her stage name.

Note that she and Peter seem to be in a theatre in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I heard a rumor that MJ in this movie will express interest in theatre and will use "Mary Jane Watson" as her stage name.

I'll gladly take it if it's true.

That's probably the best way to make this "Michelle" thing work.

Then all she'll need is red hair...

I'd love to see her become Mary Jane Watson. That would totally make me forgive their appropriation of Ganke as Ned.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

That would be the only thing that may save this film series for me.

If they did that... and then had Michelle transforms her personality to be more like Mary Jane from the early comics around the same time, that may work. But I don't think they plan to make this Mary Jane, just inspired by her.

I don't understand why movies think that Mary Jane isn't good enough to be in all the Spider-Man films and they need to do different characters as if the audience should be tired of MJ but not Spider-Man. She has so much character developement, they could really do a lot with her in every period of Peter's life... she is a rich character with a deep and complex history. If your not tired of Peter Parker, you shouldn't be tired of Mary Jane. It's not like she is just a one note character that they have to save her for later so that they don't play her out. They are missing opportunites to adapt her at the different stages of her life. In these movies we could see her very early on as the party girl alpha female type, as seen in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-18-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spide...o-date-a165868

Comicbookmovie.com have listed 10 things for MCU Spider-Man to improve. I believe there's some valid points, so I might share it with you guys.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxGjuVVWoAAxxgA.jpg:large[IMG][IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwiSVv0XgAADKHf.jpg[IMG]
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwvrgGDXcAA_GES.jpg[IMG]
    I'm with you. Just reveal Michelle Jones is a fake name she was using. Why was she using a fake name? Interesting story to tell there imo.

I would take that too. I did notice the theater.

I'll gladly take it if it's true.
    As would I.

Edit - Plus the number of people angry that they are "changing MJ's race/ethnicity" will no doubt provide endless perverse entertainment, at least for me as I couldn't care less.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-18-2019 at 09:20 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."