Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I like it, at least for one film anyway. It sounds like a nice change of pace. I wonder what the in-story excuse would be? School trip, study abroad, decathalon competition, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Producer Kevin Feige reveals the bulk of the film will be outside New York City.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-sequel-t...obe-1825453993
    Because globe-hopping worked so well for Volume 4 .

I guess this makes sense with Captain Stacy apparently being an Interpol agent in this, and the "Femme Fatale" spy character.

I wonder if this is going to lead to a lack of focus for the high school cast not named Ganke or Michelle. I really doubt Peter's whole school is going to follow him around the globe.

I'm curious if they'll bring up Peter's parents being spies like they were in the comics...
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I like it, at least for one film anyway. It sounds like a nice change of pace. I wonder what the in-story excuse would be? School trip, study abroad, decathalon competition, etc?
    Hunting the Chameleon? He's probably Spidey's most international villain, next to maybe Kraven.

Ultimate Member

Yeah Kraven comes to mind right away. Also if the rumors that the "femme fatale" character might be spoilers:
    Jessica Drew
    end of spoilers then that could be cool as well.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

So Spider-Man switched from globe trotting to NY in the comics and movies are doing the opposite. Funny how that happens

Ultimate Member

Well I mean after you possibly go into space to team up with a Sorcerer and team of lovable space misfits to fight a giant purple ruffles-chin alien warlord wielding a device of nearly unlimited power, is globetrotting around Earth really that big a leap for you?

Yeah Kraven comes to mind right away. Also if the rumors that the "femme fatale" character might be spoilers:
    Jessica Drew
    end of spoilers then that could be cool as well.
    That would be cool, if only to see that character in the MCU and not because they're trying to connect her to the Spider-Man franchise again...
    Well I mean after you possibly go into space to team up with a Sorcerer and team of lovable space misfits to fight a giant purple ruffles-chin alien warlord wielding a device of nearly unlimited power, is globetrotting around Earth really that big a leap for you?
    Well, ordinarily it would be good to get back to the ground for Spidey, but I guess the movies are going to take something out of the Dan Slott playbook .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would be cool, if only to see that character in the MCU and not because they're trying to connect her to the Spider-Man franchise again...
    You jinxed it, now Jessica will be someone who was working on a prototype which bit Peter or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    You jinxed it, now Jessica will be someone who was working on a prototype which bit Peter or something like that
    At least we'd finally get the MCU origin .

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

My guess is it's a class trip or summer camp thing.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpackers90 View Post
    My guess is it's a class trip or summer camp thing.
    If Captain Stacy's an Interpol agent, then maybe he brings Peter along with him?

Though at least with a school trip the supporting cast isn't forgotten about (although poor Aunt May might barely factor into the movie again).

The actors don't always match the visual of the character they depict, so it doesn't matter as much what villain Matt Damon looks like, but what villain might fit his brand as an actor. He tends to play people with relatively humble backgrounds who are also quite intelligent, which can be a lot of Spider-Man bad guys, though it likely rules out an Osborn.
    Kangaroo.

Producer Kevin Feige reveals the bulk of the film will be outside New York City.
    Man, they really don't want to do Spider-Man swinging through Manhattan. Does feel like they're hamstringing themselves to avoid covering ground that's been covered in five previous movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Man, they really don't want to do Spider-Man swinging through Manhattan. Does feel like they're hamstringing themselves to avoid covering ground that's been covered in five previous movies.
    I agree with this.

To some degree it feels like they're so focused on doing something different from past Spider-Man movies that they're underplaying or trying to move away from the stuff that makes Spidey Spidey.

While the site is unable to reveal the character's identity, they do know that the script is calling for a baddie with "elevated ideas"
    The villain is Stiltman. I'm calling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The villain is Stiltman. I'm calling it.
    I'm getting more and more the sense that it's going to be Chameleon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm getting more and more the sense that it's going to be Chameleon.
    That could be interesting.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)