Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Because Jessica didn't cause much more damage. Her "damage" amounts to accidentally killing an abusive warden who'd driven people to suicide. No one got hurt when she helped her mother flee (if anything she actually saved more lives like that family they helped). Trish deliberately kills one person who wasn't a threat and causes at least two deaths due to her selfishness.
    I loathed Trish's behavior this season, but I'm not sure how you get "caused two deaths due to selfishness." Are you counting Alisa and Karl?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think it was clear that Alisa had either decided to go to the Raft or die. So unless the cops had threatened or hurt Jessica, she probably would have committed suicide by cop.

(I'm still a little annoyed that Trish made that shot so cleanly from that distance and angle with a pistol. We've seen her be a good shot a close, horizontal range before, but that shot was ridiculous, plus she had to miss Jessica whose head was immediately next to Alisa's.)
    Another issue with the distance Trish took the shot from is that an analysis should show clearly that it wasn't made at close range, which is what it looks like to the cops when they get there. Jessica can always say that she let mother get on the ferris wheel, took the shot from a distance to be safe, and then broke down and sat down next to her, but it's less neat and tidy.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Which was literally Jessica's plan before her mom kidnapped her.

Are you really saying that Jessica's killing of the warden was 1) not self defense; 2) of an innocent person? I'm not saying she shouldn't feel bad about it, but it was a clear case of either the warden killing Jessica or her defending herself. Additionally, I'm 100% sure that Jessica didn't intend to kill him, and wasn't able to be in control directly because of the warden's actions.
    Jessica’s killing the warden didn’t bother me until she decided to cover it up and make it look like a suicide.

Extraordinary Member

Which was literally Jessica's plan before her mom kidnapped her.

Are you really saying that Jessica's killing of the warden was 1) not self defense; 2) of an innocent person? I'm not saying she shouldn't feel bad about it, but it was a clear case of either the warden killing Jessica or her defending herself. Additionally, I'm 100% sure that Jessica didn't intend to kill him, and wasn't able to be in control directly because of the warden's actions.
    There is one complication, and that is that Jessica was breaking and entering in his house. It was an accident and self-defense, but he was justified in taking some action against her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Another issue with the distance Trish took the shot from is that an analysis should show clearly that it wasn't made at close range, which is what it looks like to the cops when they get there. Jessica can always say that she let mother get on the ferris wheel, took the shot from a distance to be safe, and then broke down and sat down next to her, but it's less neat and tidy.
    I think you solved that plot hole. That's the same solution I came up with on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Jessica’s killing the warden didn’t bother me until she decided to cover it up and make it look like a suicide.
    Why did the cover-up bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    There is one complication, and that is that Jessica was breaking and entering in his house. It was an accident and self-defense, but he was justified in taking some action against her as well.
    I agree that Jessica would be on the hook for breaking and entering, but it was clear to me she was just digging for details for leverage, and didn't intend to attack him. He attacked first with clear intent to kill and lie about it, so I have no real moral problem with it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Why did the cover-up bother you?
    I know Jessica isn’t supposed to be a “hero” but I think it takes the vigilante justice thing a little far because it completely takes the law out of the equation on both sides. I think that altering the crime scene isn’t something a hero should do.
    Last edited by The_Greatest_Username; 03-12-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Altering the crime scene is something heroes do all the time. That's what they're doing each time they take evidence with them.

I know Jessica isn’t supposed to be a “hero” but I think it takes the vigilante justice thing a little far because it completely takes the law out of the equation on both sides. I think that altering the crime scene isn’t something a hero should do.
    Didn't she do that for Carol in the comics? And since they gave Patsy some of Carol's beats in the show, doesn't that make sense?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think that's why they spent the whole episode afterwards showing that Jessica wasn't okay with it, to show that she wasn't trying to become a vigilante.

Mighty Member

(I'm still a little annoyed that Trish made that shot so cleanly from that distance and angle with a pistol. We've seen her be a good shot a close, horizontal range before, but that shot was ridiculous, plus she had to miss Jessica whose head was immediately next to Alisa's.)
    In hindsight it may have been a hint to her having gained powers. The phone balancing on her foot implies she has some kinda enhanced reflexes/special-temporal sense. Like Hicks from Alphas, whos power specifically made him a good shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    In hindsight it may have been a hint to her having gained powers. The phone balancing on her foot implies she has some kinda enhanced reflexes/special-temporal sense. Like Hicks from Alphas, whos power specifically made him a good shot.
    Ah, good point. Still annoys the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Altering the crime scene is something heroes do all the time. That's what they're doing each time they take evidence with them.
    Yes, but how often do they do that when it’s someone they’ve killed. Maybe I’ve been watching too much Forensic Files but it didn’t sit right with me.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Didn't she do that for Carol in the comics? And since they gave Patsy some of Carol's beats in the show, doesn't that make sense?
    True, I hadn’t thought of that.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Trish trained extensively in self defense in season one. I don't remember if firearms was apart of that but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Trish trained extensively in self defense in season one. I don't remember if firearms was apart of that but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.
    She didn't own a gun until Simpson gave her an illegal one, so I think it's unlikely. (Speaking of which - Trish is exactly why people shouldn't own illegal guns. Karen in Punisher is how it should work. Ugh.)

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

So I don't hate Jessica at all, but I do think she was very inconsistently written.
    Eh, maybe. Just because people are inconsistent it doesn't necessarily means that it's inconsistent writing. Hell i know inconsistent people in real life. lol