Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Most of what you mentioned is being an *******, not necessarily morally grey. None of that is on the same level as what she's doing this season. Also, in the previous season, she did those dirty deeds to eventually do some good(except maybe hiding Luke's dead wife's secret). Same cannot be said this season.

She's not supposed to be that kind of morally grey. She's an *******, uses dirty tricks, but she's a good guy in the end. She's not really an anti-hero, she does not take law into her own hands as long as possible(Killgrave left her no choice).
    I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the words "antihero" and "morally grey".

An antihero, or antiheroine, is a protagonist in a story who lacks conventional heroic qualities and attributes such as idealism, courage, and morality.Although antiheroes may sometimes do the right thing, it is not always for the right reasons, often acting primarily out of self-interest or in ways that defy conventional ethical codes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antihero

This is literally what Jessica was like in the first season and how she was described the cast and crew as well as every person who watched and reviewed the series.

Not taking the law into her own hands? Every superhero does this and Jessica is no exception. Killing Kilgrave is not the only way she violated the law.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    The fact that Jessica's Mom's name "Alisa" is an anagram for "Alias" seems like a wasted opportunity. Instead of having the flashback to Jessica naming Alias investigations after her sleazy boyfriend Stirling's dream nightclub, they could have had her name it after her mother.

They make Jeri so unlikeable it's hard to care about her disease plotline.

This season would have worked better with standalone case of the week episodes.

It does seem like they're setting up season 3's villain to be Trish.
    Jessica's mom is called Alisa because that's Bendis's wife name, just like her father's name is Brian :P

Spectacular Member

Great story, but where were the feats of super strenght? Netflix shows are so cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    Great story, but where were the feats of super strenght? Netflix shows are so cheap.
    They shy away with her powers the most out of all the defenders. I get why partially, but not completely. It's part of her character to go against the heroics, but we can use just a bit more than just atms and buses. On the other hand, Kristen Ritter herself isn't always the most convincing when it comes to action. There are times when running, alone looks like a challenge for her. Idk if they conisder that, or are nice enough to, or if it is even of concern.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaxQuick View Post
    I fired this up, unsure about it. I really liked s1 and thought it was great. Probably the last time I loved one of the Marvel shows, honestly. The offerings since then have been uneven at best. Particularly 'Defenders', where I noticed that Jessica is kind of awful.

S1 worked for me because you had David Tenant's creepy and menacing Killgrave present the entire time. There was always that threat in your face, and Tenant's wonderful acting helped it a lot (your mileage may vary).

I made it through 4 episodes of s2 before tapping out. It felt like everyone was becoming on Jess' same level of prickery with Trish descending and Malcolm trying to rise above it but continuously being held back. It was a largely joyless watch with no signs of potential payoff and then I looked up the spoilers... Man, I'm glad I hit the escape route.

Carrie Ann Moss is a great actress as I hate Jeri Hogarth more than any other character in the NYC-Netflix corner... but at the same time, I hate her so much that it's on that meta level where I just want her to be gone. Or stop being such a prick. Kinda seemed like that was her character really. To just exist as a "well, Jess could be worse!" reminder that really just highlights how awful to others they both are. All the time. It gets old. Jess has a reason, I get it.

I dunno. Like I said, it seemed joyless and dragged for four episodes. I don't have time to give a show six seasons and a movie to get better. Three episodes is all you get to give me something that either intrigues me or interests me. 'Jessica Jones' s2 gave me neither.
    I preferred Hogarth on Iron Fist.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    But that's not what was shown in season 1. Jessica's relationship with Trish was one of the few genuinely good things Jessica had. Their friendship was portrayed as anything but unhealthy.
    But that was within that time frame, flashbacks from season two shows their relationship was anything but healthy. And sense they never covered it in season 1 i think it's fair game for expansion.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 03-15-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Honestly I think Trish dragged herself down with her obsession with having powers and being an adventurer. She seems more obsessed with Jessica and her life/powers more than any real friendship.
    EXACTLY!!!!.....that's what i'm saying.

So much so that if she is anything but a villain I will be baffled. That would just be way too much tonal whiplash, but of course let's be honest, she won't be a villain. I gotta see her doing the ill community service to earn my trust as a viewer to show that she can be a genuine hero. I'm talking soup kitchens, buying groceries for the elderiy, washing a car with a tooth brush, and brooming a forest.

Acknowledge every corner of her misdoings from this season, and the treacherous mountain she has to climb back up, then we're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    So much so that if she is anything but a villain I will be baffled. That would just be way too much tonal whiplash, but of course let's be honest, she won't be a villain. I gotta see her doing the ill community service to earn my trust as a viewer to show that she can be a genuine hero. I'm talking soup kitchens, buying groceries for the elderiy, washing a car with a tooth brush, and brooming a forest.

Acknowledge every corner of her misdoings from this season, and the treacherous mountain she has to climb back up, then we're good to go.
    Boring. Trish needs to thrown on a costume and start out as pure vigilante only to become a full on pubsiher type killing machine. The twist here being Trish has been partially altered mentally and is further being altered by the baby she's adopted that is in fact killgraves child or something. Doesn't matter. Trish Vs Jessica full on for at least 3 violent episodes.

11 episodes.

Jessica has gone from an *******, to really an *******, to a serious criminal, to just an awful person. Seeing her in that stolen jacket irritates the hell out of me.

Story just keeps dragging and dragging.

finished the season. This better get a season 3 the way things ended.

Wow they really took Patsy down an unlikeable path.

Also complete 180 on Malcom he as really interesting especially the path they set him on, than they totally changed directions or where I thought he was going to go.
    The J-man

We're on 12th episode and Jeri Hogarth's story is all we need./sarcasm. What a waste of screentime.

I'm on the cops' side completely here. What's up with the "only Jessica can take on her mom"? Yeah, she has super strength, but she's not bulletproof.

To be fair, there is also a lot of stupidity on cops and jailer's parts. Why would they go close range to a woman with super strength who's also mentally unstable? Why don't they keep their distance?

That was the season finale? Are you kidding me right now? There was no sense that it was the final episode of the season. And it goes for like 20 min. after Alisa is killed. SERIOULSY?!

This season was a trainwreck from start to finish. Full of unlikable characters, with only the super and Malcolm looking okay-ish. I don't like Jeri at all, I seriously hope she ends up on the streets next season. Jessica too is an awful person now(especially with that flashback, stealing stuff with her trashy boyfriend), no way did she deserve to have that dinner at the end. Trish has no other place to go than become a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Boring. Trish needs to thrown on a costume and start out as pure vigilante only to become a full on pubsiher type killing machine. The twist here being Trish has been partially altered mentally and is further being altered by the baby she's adopted that is in fact killgraves child or something. Doesn't matter. Trish Vs Jessica full on for at least 3 violent episodes.
    lol Punisher style may actually suit her extremes given what we've seen, but I don't think that's really a good thing.

Speaking of flashbacks, given what we've seen in the hole cray cray leather jacket origin episode; especially how Jessica has acted even as a teen, it doesn't seem like her time as Jewel adds up now. I don't see that young Jessica becoming Jewel in the future, only to fall drastically back down again. Some of what they did with her here (Like Trish) contradicts what was done the season prior.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    lol Punisher style may actually suit her extremes given what we've seen, but I don't think that's really a good thing.

Speaking of flashbacks, given what we've seen in the hole cray cray leather jacket origin episode; especially how Jessica has acted even as a teen, it doesn't seem like her time as Jewel adds up now. I don't see that young Jessica becoming Jewel in the future, only to fall drastically back down again. Some of what they did with her here (Like Trish) contradicts what was done the season prior.
    I think there's a significant chunk of time between the death of her boyfriend and "That Sandwich Saved Me" - Trish and Jess's relationship is much stronger than shown in the flashback episode, and Jessica has held down several jobs (or McJobs, as the jerk PI says), whereas she clearly hadn't when living with her boyfriend.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord