Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thinking about Trish's fall, I wonder if being stuck on the sidelines with the other supporting characters in the Defenders exasperated the problem. Jessica was off with her new super friends saving the day while she was stuck being kept safe. That's probably something that would absolutely eat at her.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Thinking about Trish's fall, I wonder if being stuck on the sidelines with the other supporting characters in the Defenders exasperated the problem. Jessica was off with her new super friends saving the day while she was stuck being kept safe. That's probably something that would absolutely eat at her.
    Yeah, I think she understood not being in the front lines with the A squad of Luke, Jessica, Danny, and Matt.

But in Trish mine she probably could have helped with the B team of Misty, Coleen, and Claire. Instead she was in full on civilian mode with Karen and Foggy.

If there's another Defenders show (knock on wood), hopefully Trish will evolve to the point where she can get involved with that. It would almost be fitting if Hellcat was involved with the Defenders from an old school perspective.

Boisterously Confused

On one hand, the last scene of Season 2 pissed me off: Trish got all she wanted in spite of all the harm she did. On the other, I can't help suspecting the writers have something nasty up their sleeves for her.

If they're planning a redemption for Trish, that's going to take a long, ugly climb.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    On one hand, the last scene of Season 2 pissed me off: Trish got all she wanted in spite of all the harm she did. On the other, I can't help suspecting the writers have something nasty up their sleeves for her.

If they're planning a redemption for Trish, that's going to take a long, ugly climb.
    Exactly. Plain and simple.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And yeah ... Trish came off kinda unlikable. But if you're going to be a net flicks super hero you need a few skeletons in the closet. Patsy is too squeeky clean prior to all this. Now she gets to be damnaged along with the rest of them.
    As I think on it more, I can see where the showrunners got their idea for Trish. Starting with Patsy Walker's appearances in The Beast's Amazing Adventures feature, and following through with her inclusion in Englehart's Avengers, the character was often written as pestering other superheroes to help her become a superhero. Still think Trish is User-Trash, but I can't say they violated the whole nature of the character, just amplified it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    As I think on it more, I can see where the showrunners got their idea for Trish. Starting with Patsy Walker's appearances in The Beast's Amazing Adventures feature, and following through with her inclusion in Englehart's Avengers, the character was often written as pestering other superheroes to help her become a superhero. Still think Trish is User-Trash, but I can't say they violated the whole nature of the character, just amplified it.
    I think you almost have to amp the personal issue when you make the transition from comics to TV. A comic is often 70% action and 30% drama, but a TV show will flip that. You spend more time ouside of costume than in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    The way they ended that season, I think they had to be pretty darn confident that they were getting another season. The first season could have ended the series if they needed it too... but the second season needed more closure than we got.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The way they ended that season, I think they had to be pretty darn confident that they were getting another season. The first season could have ended the series if they needed it too... but the second season needed more closure than we got.
    Well, Agent Carter got canned too, after that one hell of a cliffhanger.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well, Agent Carter got canned too, after that one hell of a cliffhanger.
    I adored Agent Carter, but Season 2 declined in both viewers and story quality (IMO). I wouldn't want to see it back unless they could do something worthy of S1. JJ2 was worthy.