Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Ollie 1962 View Post
    Any reason they wanted to up the booze and slut factor with JJ?
    It's all about empowerment. Feminism on steroids.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    It's all about empowerment. Feminism on steroids.
    Saying girls don't like sex or drinking?

SURE she can punch a hole in a wall, but women liking Sex? That's a Bridge too far. Lol.

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Saying girls don't like sex or drinking?

SURE she can punch a hole in a wall, but women liking Sex? That's a Bridge too far. Lol.

I hope you're being sarcastic.
    Jessica Jones. Nympho lush? Yikes!

Two episodes in and I'm almost as bored as I was towards the end of the first season. Not sure I'm gonna be able to go the distance on this one... To be honest, the only thing that kept me watching season one was Tennant's performance.

I think the main problem here is that season 2 already feels like a hard reset. I mean, it's not like Jessica went through a whole lot of development during season one, but it already feels like same old same old in these first two episodes, only with a different reason for Jessica's anger/misery. And whilst I'm not expecting her to suddenly embrace a superhero identity and put on a white and blue spandex costume, if the main character character in the show relentlessly doesn't care, then it makes it very hard for me as a viewer to be remotely interested either.

Indeed, I was just about to try and get through episode three when I saw that the Letterman interview with Malala Yousafzai has just gone up. Not a tough choice, that one.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

How did mom escape the jail? Her going ballistic should have ended with her being shot. A lot. Sure, she's tough enough that there wouldn't be deep penetration, but she'd be shot enough to be basically skinned alive. She'd bleed out. The story just seems to handwave her escape.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Two episodes in and I'm almost as bored as I was towards the end of the first season. Not sure I'm gonna be able to go the distance on this one... To be honest, the only thing that kept me watching season one was Tennant's performance.

I think the main problem here is that season 2 already feels like a hard reset. I mean, it's not like Jessica went through a whole lot of development during season one, but it already feels like same old same old in these first two episodes, only with a different reason for Jessica's anger/misery. And whilst I'm not expecting her to suddenly embrace a superhero identity and put on a white and blue spandex costume, if the main character character in the show relentlessly doesn't care, then it makes it very hard for me as a viewer to be remotely interested either.

Indeed, I was just about to try and get through episode three when I saw that the Letterman interview with Malala Yousafzai has just gone up. Not a tough choice, that one.
    I agree. I think it also becomes more obvious with Malcolm being there. Killgrave kept him under control and on drugs right up till near the end of s1, but we don't see him being an ass to everyone. Just show us a little progression on JJ. Overall it's getting a bit tiresome for me to have all the Netflix heroes be these broken characters. For me it's pushing it to have all of the heroes start out that way, but at least show that some of them are progressing to another point.

Extraordinary Member

Ritter is great but the show definitely has pacing issues, moving waaayy to slow. Her new boyfriend is kinda like Killgrave.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 03-09-2018 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuriyel View Post
    I agree. I think it also becomes more obvious with Malcolm being there. Killgrave kept him under control and on drugs right up till near the end of s1, but we don't see him being an ass to everyone. Just show us a little progression on JJ. Overall it's getting a bit tiresome for me to have all the Netflix heroes be these broken characters. For me it's pushing it to have all of the heroes start out that way, but at least show that some of them are progressing to another point.
    I think Jessica progressing is more end game for her. We know in the comics at least the direction eventually goes to her getting married to Cage and getting a child. Not that Net Flicks is obligated to follow that direction, but at least based on the source material there's a clear path. It's just a question of how quickly you wanna get there as both she and Cage are doing their own thing.

Jessica getting a little progression is probably a good thing, but you don't want to necessarily rush it either as being broken is almost her thing. She relies on that aspect of herself moreso than say Cage or Danny or Matt.

Two episodes in and I. Am. Bored.

Oh, hey, look. Trish had sex with an older dude when she was a minor. Shocking. /sarcasm

Jessica's jerkassery level just keeps getting higher and higher. I hated what she did to that other PI.

They made two lesbians making out boring. How do you even achieve that?

Astonishing Member

I just finished episode 3. So far I am missing a tangible real villain threat. There is the shadowy, intangible organization that created her sure ok. But, I feel like I need something more solid already.

The meandering with Hogarth and her illness story line, on the side is questionable. I like Hogarth as a character, but so far I would have preferred a different angle to use her and get her into the plot of the series. Maybe it will continue and get better after episode 3 which I finished. But, the decent into drug, fueled partying and prostitutes seemed like a lot of screen time to spend so far on this just to get her involved with Jessica. I mean it humanizes her a bit. But I felt like that was done in Iron Fist well with her wanting to take care of Danny and help him out. The scene with Hogarth chewing Foggy out just so he has something to do and appears took me out of the show really. Its like ooh cameo oh yeah he works for her now. It wasn't valuable or meaningful use of either of them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Ollie 1962 View Post
    Any reason they wanted to up the booze and slut factor with JJ?
    She only had sex with one random guy the rest were guys she stayed with atleast a few months.

Extraordinary Member

That C.O force feeding JJ's mom reminded me of this...

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    That C.O force feeding JJ's mom reminded me of this...
    It's a callback to women's suffrage. They force-fed women who were on a hunger strike.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

All-New Member

Default Barmaid in Marvel Jessica Jones Season 2

What's the name of barmaid from Marvel Jessica Jones Netflix TV mini-series and who portrayed her?The actress is looking similar to bird lady from Home Alone 2.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's a callback to women's suffrage. They force-fed women who were on a hunger strike.
    Good to know. This show ended up being a jumbled mess. Ritter's performance saved it from being bad but the ultra slow pacing and lack of a real villain definitely didn't help.