Default Will SPAWN end with Issue #300?

I haven't followed the comic book in over 20 years, but I remember Todd McFarlane saying that he admired what Dave Sim had achieved with CERBERUS, and that he wanted SPAWN to find that intended ending as well someday. I recall he said that 300 issues after 25 years seemed doable to him. Does anyone know if Todd still feels this way, if he ever did?

I know Issue #280 was released a week or two ago. Issue #300 is only 20 issues away.

Does Spawn end in 2019?

Well, it'd be at least #301 as McFarlane said he wanted to best Cerebus.

I dont see it happening, what with a new movie coming out. But it might be for the best. Books been weak since Hine got removed. It desperatly needs Todd to step away from scripting duties.

Spectacular Member Paulie Blade's Avatar

From what I understand, Todd takes great pride (and rightfully so) in having one of the very few current books numbered with three digits, so no, I don't see it happening either.

Fantastic Member

Yeah Todd is still pretty gungho about the 300 mark and going past it.

With the current arc and future solicits hinting at a potential Cyan spinoff book and the upcoming movie and Sam & Twitch project I just don't see Spawn ending anytime soon.

The current Dark Horror arc/team has been a good step up from the last few years of the series, but that's coming to an end soon with Todd taking over writing duties again and I'm kinda not looking forward to it, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Well, it'd be at least #301 as McFarlane said he wanted to best Cerebus.

I dont see it happening, what with a new movie coming out. But it might be for the best. Books been weak since Hine got removed. It desperatly needs Todd to step away from scripting duties.
    Todd's not writing at the moment.

Incredible Member

I haven't read Spawn since around issue #200.

Has there been any consecutive run worth reading in the last ten or so years? I love the look of the world/character, so I'd be interested if there was a capable writer on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Todd's not writing at the moment.
    Yeah but these new creative teams never last, he's back to writing it in Feb already.
    This is coming off a 60+ issue run, two extremely brief creative team switches and the collab with Larsen where he heavilly rewrote Eriks scripts.

Oh, bummer. I was hoping this team would keep going.

Word.
    Alexanders still on art duties but Todds down for script. Im hoping its either an error in the solicits, or else just a fill-in issue. But given the track record...