Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Default ¿Are the O5 on blue the originals, the true ones, our O5?

Blue maybe answering this question soon, but i think it could be interesting to read about what the x-men fans think before the revelation.
    Are they from other reality? If so ¿does it changes your perception about them?
    Are they truly our beloved original characters?
    If you could chose the answer and their fate ¿what would you do?

BANNED

What's the current retcon?

As soon as they were brought into the future they became alternates. I can only ignore Marvel's time travel rules to a degree.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

It as a point were its so convoluted i dont care about ir anymore. Just send all of them away and get me a 20 year morditorum on time travle alternet reality of characters.

BANNED

They are the O5 of pre secret wars earth 616

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    As soon as they were brought into the future they became alternates. I can only ignore Marvel's time travel rules to a degree.
    All that matters is what's printed or said by the creators. Using past time travel logic for marvel or our own rules and theories of time travel don't really matter.

And what current writers say is: well. It's uncertain.

They keep going back and forth with things happening in the story. First battle of the atom suggested they are originals. Then secret war happened. Then the end of hopeless' anxm hinted they may be alternates.

I hope bunn answers this once and for all before his run ends.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

They are coming up on being two years older then the teenagers that Beast picked in the past, can't hide that kinda difference in height, additionally I don't buy that anyone can just undo the fundamental changes Jean's telekinesis has undergone. So no I don t currently buy that these five will from here continue on to grow up to be the same X-Men that created the future Beast took them too.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    They are coming up on being two years older then the teenagers that Beast picked in the past, can't hide that kinda difference in height, additionally I don't buy that anyone can just undo the fundamental changes Jean's telekinesis has undergone. So no I don t currently buy that these five will from here continue on to grow up to be the same X-Men that created the future Beast took them too.
    Fair points but there are so, so many ways to easily get around this in comic books. Something like the Phoenix force could easily de age and wipe clean all changes that the 05 have currently gone trough.

I'm not saying I want that to happen, or that I think it will. I just think that the "they have changed too much to be originals" explanation doesn't hold much weight for me personally.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    What's the current retcon?
    Probably the revelation in Hopeless' ANXM that when they tried to go back to their point in time there was still an X-Men team there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Probably the revelation in Hopeless' ANXM that when they tried to go back to their point in time there was still an X-Men team there.
    I thought Bunn overturned that one not long after?

X Gon' Give It to Ya Dum Dum Dugan's Avatar

How did he overturn it?

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    They are the O5 of pre secret wars earth 616
    This seems like the cleanest and most straight-forward answer to this question. I believe it's been the prevailing theory for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I thought Bunn overturned that one not long after?
    This is the point of the thread, the current arc is seeking to address this idea. Questioning the conclusions that the O5 came to when they first returned by magic. Only in this arc are we starting to see the repercussions of the O5 being displaced and possibly replaced.

It has to be said, I can't understand why more are not reading Blue. It is far superior to the non-event that is Gold. Better written, better characters and a more compelling story.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-05-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Fantastic Member

I go with the "secret wars broke the connection" theory, so no.

Pre-secret wars, they were a version of the 05 from the main timeline. For some unknown reason, the timeline didn't play out as they were gone.
    But secret wars ended that reality. The current reality is just one based on it. And so now the recreated 05 in this reality don't have any connection to the past timeline of this reality, only their memories.

Even if it were the originals of 616 now they can not return.
    Not after they change so much and with the powers they possess. The only solution is that they are of an alternate reality or timeline.