Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    I was more amused about how this is apparently a one way street .
    Even if it isn't one way street... Rogue fans don't post anything bad about R+G or Gambit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Whether it be the CompleX, X-universe Cinematic thread, Whose better Jean or Emma, Gambit fans hating Rogue, New Mutants whitewashing etc etc

I suggest instead of cussing each other out on CBR.... We should fight and get it out our system!

It's 100% free & 100% easy to do

Game's with X-MEN

X-MEN: Children of the Atom
    X-MEN vs Street Fighter
    Marvel Super Heroes
    Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
    Marvel vs Capcom 1

The FightCade sequel FightCade 2 is in beta right now (it's awesome looks just like discord + 3500 games now). It allows for X-MEN classics like The Arcade game or X-MEN 2 Clone Wars etc etc to be played online.

FIGHTCADE

What is Fightcade?

Fightcade is a matchmaking client that includes an emulator and allows people to play each other online using the very well respected GGPO netcode. It currently supports nearly 200 classic arcade titles, including many fighting games. Each game has its own room where players can challenge each other, spectate matches, or just hang out and chat.

Why should you check it out?

For many of the games supported on Fightcade, it is the best way to play them online on PC. There are other online capable emulators, but they do not offer a comparable netcode to GGPO, have active communities, or have the benefit of being extremely easy to set up. And in some cases, even the official releases aren't as good as playing on Fightcade.

If you're interested just goto

http://www.fightcade.com

Register yourself a Fightcade username and then download the emulator.

In order to play any game on FightCade, you will need to obtain the ROMs for the games you wish to play and go to "Locate ROMs folder" in the Settings menu to tell FightCade where you placed your game ROMs.

THAT'S IT!

You don't need to open any ports on your router: FightCade uses a modern NAT traversal technique that allows to connect two players without having to forward ports, making the setup easier :-)

I can't provide links to the ROMs here but I could probably point you in the right direction via PM or something.

Hopefully I'll see you guys online!

intresting that you use the 90s stuff since i made reference to this game on the complex threadyesterday to point out where Disney-marvel went so wrong even in games that they now are bad at. when you look at that, its almost frustrating now to even say this is the most important cross over game ever made because DC did so well with DC vs Mortal Kombat cross over that marvel should have done better with ease. good times, the 90s. good times and it was getting better until about 9 years ago when the mouse came in.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddor View Post
    intresting that you use the 90s stuff since i made reference to this game on the complex threadyesterday.

Hopefully you sign up so we can fight!

Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 12-10-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Hey now, only a few Gambit-fans hate Rogue... but they reeeaally do. Hate her, I mean.
    I do not see Gambit fans hating on Rogue. I see them hating on crappy Gambit whenever he is around Rogue.

I have never once commented on a Rogue or Romy fan praising the characters they like because I don't care. Not sure why Rogue or Romy fans are always concerned about what Gambit fans think and try to tell us how we should feel about Gambit being treated like shit.
    Last edited by remydat; 12-10-2017 at 03:33 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Hey now, only a few Gambit-fans hate Rogue... but they reeeaally do. Hate her, I mean..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    I was more amused about how this is apparently a one way street .
    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Not sure why Rogue or Romy fans are always concerned about what Gambit fans think and try to tell us how we should feel about Gambit being treated like shit.

That Gambit dig was just a shot at some of the post here or on Gambit guild. Just filler leading to the actual topic. Cbr posters gathering in a Fightcade lounge room

Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 12-10-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    We can at least be united when it matters? Finding a common enemy tends to do wonders, just look at watchmen
    Considering what happened befoire and after, is not THAT good example you know. Even when the concept was first sdopted amongst the ancient greece city states laste just enough to repel persian and then go back to infighting for dominance. Is our human nature. We can more or less sublimate or control it, but it will always stay there.

I find it so weird how so many Scott fans hate Jean and Gambit fans hate Rogue(I KNOW it's not all! There's a lot of cool Scott fans here, specially on the Jott thread). I don't see many Jean/Rogue fans hating on the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I find it so weird how so many Scott fans hate Jean and Gambit fans hate Rogue(I KNOW it's not all! There's a lot of cool Scott fans here, specially on the Jott thread). I don't see many Jean/Rogue fans hating on the guys.
    Yes is kind of weird, I noticed this too. Is always the boy side of the equation that get angrier for soem reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Yes is kind of weird, I noticed this too. Is always the boy side of the equation that get angrier for soem reason.
    Maybe because they feel like in the comics the guys sometimes get the short end of the stick or vilified more then the women do (particularly when it comes to the relationship)?

Not that I subscribe to that notion or belief myself, but it's the impression I get sometimes.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

That Gambit dig was just a shot at some of the post here or on Gambit guild. Just filler leading to the actual topic. Cbr posters gathering in a Fightcade lounge room

...yeah, that wasn't divisive at all.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe because they feel like in the comics the guys sometimes get the short end of the stick or vilified more then the women do (particularly when it comes to the relationship)?

Not that I subscribe to that notion or belief myself, but it's the impression I get sometimes.
    Idk much about all the Gambit and Rogue drama(I guess they get mad because Gambit keeps trying to get with Rogue and she rejects him?), but, as it was discusssed not that long ago, I always found the notion that Scott got the short end of the stick vs Jean was absurd.

There were some long 8 years or so where she was dead while Scemma was being pushed as the top X-Couple. Writers and editors said that Jean pushed Scott back, that she was replaceable, that Emma "made Scott a man"(wtf), that she was better off dead. Ever since Jean died, Scott was the biggest focus of the franchise until ANAD Marvel. Even if others hated him for killing Xavier, he was still the lead on Uncanny X-Men, who had his own team and other characters(Kitty, the O5) eventually switched sides and decided to support him. And lot of people seem to love how he was written("Rightclop" fans), and it was only for a couple of years, while Jean has been dead for 14. Editorial literally decided to keep her dead so they could push Scott on a different direction. If anything, she was fridged for him.

...yeah, that wasn't divisive at all.
    Dude it doesn't matter the thread is literally not about any of that infact I'll edit it out since Gambit fans are triggered over something so trivial.

Seriously ppl we should play the game this thread 100% backfired lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I am not a fan of Rogue and Gambit (I am neutral to both), but I think that relationship is damaging for Gambit. The "obsessed for years with a woman he can't touch" thing, while Magneto can (and Sentry could).

Dude it doesn't matter the thread is literally not about any of that infact I'll edit it out since Gambit fans are triggered over something so trivial.

Seriously ppl we should play the game this thread 100% backfired lol

Uh, ok... I was referring to your last comment, not your opening post. I actually thought it was amusing. I get you were trying to defuse it, but you just did it wrong. You can't throw a rock and lament what follows... To be 100% there are 3 or 4 posters here that don't "like" Rogue. It just seems like a lot because two of them post in large volume. Again, I thought it was funny. Hense my initial post. Simmer.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    ... (and Sentry could).
    LoL I don't think you're supposed to talk about that.
    Guild Member