Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    I notice when Anna looked at his note it said Explain. So was Ock gonna tell Anna the whole truth that he's not Peter Parker?
    I thought it was referring to that paragraph underneath the instructions. But I've always been curious on whether Otto was gonna tell her the whole truth or not.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaltonL227 View Post
    Argh, Books-a-Million decides to stop carrying all Marvel comics just in time for Peter's return, and that's the only place that carries comics within like, 70 miles radius of my house!

Anyways, glad to hear Pete is back to his old wise-cracking self, and that Anna Marconi hasn't been swept under a rug. Can't wait to read!
    Comixology is your friend.

BANNED

I havent read the issue, but looked up a review and saw that, according to the book, it's been thirteen years since the spider bit Peter....

...Does that mean Peter meeting Johnny Carson during the "Webs" tour is non-canonical? Or did Jay Leno just have a really, really, short career?
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; 05-01-2014 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Comixology is your friend.
    I'd go on to Midtown Comics and order them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I havent read the issue, but looked up a review and saw that, according to the book, it's been thirteen years since the spider bit Peter....

...Does that mean Peter meeting Johnny Carson during the "Webs" tour is non-canonical? Or did Jay Leno just have a really, really, short career?
    Well you to acknowledge that Marvel Time is a sliding timescale. Peter also met the original cast of SNL in the 70s, but tend to forget that as well. In 10 years Peter would've been bit by the Spider in 2010.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Well you to acknowledge that Marvel Time is a sliding timescale. Peter also met the original cast of SNL in the 70s, but tend to forget that as well. In 10 years Peter would've been bit by the Spider in 2010.
    Dear Lord, the Marvel Universe is really Springfield.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    Add me to the list of people who don't like the Felicia story. Given her history with Peter she should have known something was up and followed up on it rather than just leaping to seeking revenge.
    Anyone who thinks Felicia is overreacting and should've sought a more level-headed solution sure doesn't know women (or ex-lovers) very well! It's especially not out of character for Felicia, in particular, to want to strike back with a vengeance rather than shrug off getting brutally beat down and turned into the cops with "Eh, Spidey must've just been having an off day. I'll have to ask about it next time we meet. No biggie."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bertone View Post
    I have mixed feelings about the Felicia story...

I feel like the narrative is trying to say "Look what Ock did" but Felicia was a criminal...Peter SHOULD HAVE arrested her as well. And the story seemed to imply that her identity was secret prior to this which is incorrect.

Her revenge lust is in line with her previous pettiness (orchestrating the murder of the second Blaze to teach Spider-Man a lesson about asking for help and dating Flash Thompson).

Some people have noted that she may have been responsible for a death this issue (I didn't see it that way) noting that she's never killed before. I want to point out she helped orchestrate the death of the second Blaze in the 80's (which was never brought up again).

We need to stop doing homages to Mary Jane's "doorway pose" every few issues. We just had one in the last issue of Superior. I know we also did it in 698.
    I took those Blaze issues as Felicia getting in over her head with the Foreigner back then, who really was the one that orchestrated the Blaze killing. It wasn't addressed partly because she dropped out of the books for a few years after that story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Anyone who thinks Felicia is overreacting and should've sought a more level-headed solution sure doesn't know women (or ex-lovers) very well! It's especially not out of character for Felicia, in particular, to want to strike back with a vengeance rather than shrug off getting brutally beat down and turned into the cops with "Eh, Spidey must've just been having an off day. I'll have to ask about it next time we meet. No biggie."
    But the question was why didn't her Bad Luck powers prevented Spock's attack? There was no way that Spock could have captured her so easily with her bad luck powers in play. But I suppose those powers were nullified to make Otto look good. Her vengeance should geared at him. But they decided to remove Otto and allow Peter to deal with her. I was hoping that Felicia would have a second round with Spock. But the Goblin Nation took that opportunity away.

Surprisingly, or not depending how you look at it, the chapter I was looking forward to the most, Spidey 2099, turned out to be the most disappointing. Miguel has a few thoughts about being stuck in the present, punches a guy, and... that's it. I'm sure PAD prolly intends for the raving lunatic woman to pop up again in his series, but a little moar going ons in the excerpt would've gone a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I'm not saying she should have completely brushed it off but she should have at least wondered WHY he reacted to her in that way. She never so much as question why her ex-lover and friend has suddenly turned into a brutal psycho. For all she knew it could have been someone completely different under that mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertone View Post
    I have mixed feelings about the Felicia story...

I feel like the narrative is trying to say "Look what Ock did" but Felicia was a criminal...Peter SHOULD HAVE arrested her as well. And the story seemed to imply that her identity was secret prior to this which is incorrect.

Her revenge lust is in line with her previous pettiness (orchestrating the murder of the second Blaze to teach Spider-Man a lesson about asking for help and dating Flash Thompson).

Some people have noted that she may have been responsible for a death this issue (I didn't see it that way) noting that she's never killed before. I want to point out she helped orchestrate the death of the second Blaze in the 80's (which was never brought up again).
    Well, the reason why I think Felicia is actually guilty of murdering that inmate who was harassing her (and perhaps several others in that prison) is based on what she sais about her Bad Luck Powers: "If I don't like you, then your unlucky." that right there suggests she now has deliberate control over her Bad Luck Powers whereas in the past it was more subconscious. Which also suggests that, along with using her powers to protect herself from Electro's lightning bolts, she also used them so that tbey would redirect themselves away from her towards that inmate and the other prisoners. Thats how it came across while I was reading it.

Really enjoyed the issue, and was pleasantly surprised to have mostly enjoyed Ramos' art. I was kinda irked by Peter's goofiness in where he came off as more Deadpool than Spidey, and how quick, seemingly, some of the Avengers just assumed this was the real Peter because he was caught in an awkward situation. I'm sure there is more to be said of it going by Cap's words, but yeah.

The backup stories were fun, but I agree with Spider-Man above in that the Spider-Man 2099 story, however short it was was kinda disappointing. It's not fair to judge it yet, and this is PAD writing it, so I'm certain it'll be great in the actual book, but it was rather meh. Great art though.

On Felicia and her want for revenge, I get it but I also think she jumped to the thought of vengeance a little quickly, with what seems to be no thought that this wasn't actually the Spider-Man she knew, or why he'd do such a thing to her. I hope Slott doesn't turn her too angsty and evil or something, because I love the character and would definitely like Peter to get some more Black Cat...Too much? >_>

Quote Originally Posted by raphael edwards View Post
    really enjoyed the issue, and was pleasantly surprised to have mostly enjoyed ramos' art. I was kinda irked by peter's goofiness in where he came off as more deadpool than spidey, and how quick, seemingly, some of the avengers just assumed this was the real peter because he was caught in an awkward situation. I'm sure there is more to be said of it going by cap's words, but yeah.

The backup stories were fun, but i agree with spider-man above in that the spider-man 2099 story, however short it was was kinda disappointing. It's not fair to judge it yet, and this is pad writing it, so i'm certain it'll be great in the actual book, but it was rather meh. Great art though.

on felicia and her want for revenge, i get it but i also think she jumped to the thought of vengeance a little quickly, with what seems to be no thought that this wasn't actually the spider-man she knew, or why he'd do such a thing to her. i hope slott doesn't turn her too angsty and evil or something, because i love the character and would definitely like peter to get some more black cat...too much? >_>
    exactly..........

Astonishing Member

Really enjoyed the whole issue. The Amazing Spider-Man #1 is the first issue I've ever bought from a comic book shop as one has opened up where I live!