Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Amazing Spider-Man, #1

Peter returns to the red-and-blues and so do all of his problems in this solid relaunch of Marvel's most storied franchise, featuring Dan Slott, Humberto Ramos and more.

Full review here.

The 2099 short really sold me on that book.

Great first issue. I really liked the the main story, the Elektro story and the Black Cat story.

I picked this issue up and could not wait to get my hands on it. The wait was well worth it. It read kinda quick so I'm going to read it a few more times to let the issue really soak in. My only complaint is it didn't need the first issue of Inhuman piggy backing this issue. It really should have been ASM only. I'm guessing they're really trying to push the Inhuman series. I also had a challenge trying to get the issue to fit into a regular bag with a board.

I loved the jokes through out, cracking wise is back in style!

I am really excited to see how the Peter/Anna relationship unfolds. Lowe says Anna isn't going anywhere so I'm intrigued to see what kind of role she will have. She does work for Parker Industries.

Its weird. I got into Superior because I had grown tired of regular, inferior Peter Parker. There was something strangely refreshing about megalomaniacal Spider-Man. But I'm actually crazy hyped about Peter navigating a post-Superior world. I really want it to lead to more progression, not regression. Here's hoping!
    Last edited by Mundungus; 04-30-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Can't wait for issue 2 now.

Quality first issue, and a refreshing return for Peter, some things will always remain the same though, gotta love the ol Parker luck coming back like a long lost friend. really enjoyed the short teaser stories as a lead in for future issues Felicia is rightly pissed and looks like she's in the mood to play. as for the 2099 short, this book went from the maybe to definite pile in my pull list. liked the idea behind "clash" too, interested to see where that goes in ASM 1.1.
    Last edited by Spider-Brit; 04-30-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Very good issue and I am also sold on 2099. I can already see that book being something special. As for the main feature, I enjoyed it, I missed Peter a lot. Very interested in how Slott handles the Anna Maria thing. I have a feeling Peter will eventually begin to fall for her himself.

BANNED

I enjoyed this.
    It's great to see Spidey/Peter back where they belong. I'm looking forward to all the adventures Peter is going to go through.

Always Rakzo

As I said before: Well, there was a lot of set-up for this introductory issue and I wish we would have gotten a more fullfilled story but it's still a decent start but don't really expect anything more than that. I will also say that you sholdn't expect anything particularly new or exciting about this stories, it's a well told Spider-Man story that doesn't go beyond that.

Amazing Member

I liked the main story, but I thought that the three Slott written backups were a lot more interesting. In particular, I really liked the Learning to Crawl backup. I feel sympathetic towards Clash already.

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

The main story was great and quite the "amazing" return for Peter indeed. I also highly enjoyed the popular return of the Parker luck this time around and can't wait for the next upcoming issue.

Never realized how much I missed a funny Spiderman, don't get me wrong I like SPock but he was more cruel/snarky then actually funny. Glad to have Parker back.

Also, Can't wait to see how Peter handles this whole situation with Anna.

For the first "Amazing Spider-Man" issue I have ever purchased, I am pleasantly surprised!

Didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did. I have of course read Spider-Man before, but haven't actually followed the series on a regular basis.

I will definitely be sticking with it!

Slightly too goofy for me. Though I'm glad the reset button hasn't been totally pushed.