Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

I didn't like the mini-story format and wish it was just one single solid story from front to back. I sincerely hope this isn't the new format for the book or anything and that they did this strictly because it was a #1 issue because if this is what this title is going to be about I will simply pass. I do have high hopes for The Amazing Spider-Man despite being let down in this first issue and I do eagerly away issue #2 and hope we get one great Spidey tale and not a handful of mediocre ones.

Is Anna a midget? Wasn't sure because of the art. Anyways this was a pretty good issue, I've never read a spiderman series before and now that Peter is back I couldn't miss this. It read as if I was watching an episode of Spiderman TAS, or Spectacular spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    Is Anna a midget? Wasn't sure because of the art. Anyways this was a pretty good issue, I've never read a spiderman series before and now that Peter is back I couldn't miss this. It read as if I was watching an episode of Spiderman TAS, or Spectacular spiderman.
    Yes, shes also quite interesting.... but I liked Carlie as well so, I may not be the best judge

Enjoyed it and quite glad we're not going to be dwelling on the Avengers. I mean seriously how often do they get mind controlled? That should old hat to most of them so I could see them not making a hug deal of it. Also human torch moment was great

I really liked the issue, but I miss the edginess of Superior.
    The best part of this issue was everyone figuring out Spider-Man normal cause of his luck.

Powered By Gravity

Thought this was a great issue. I didn't mind the mini stories, they were interesting and nothing felt dragged out. Can't wait for the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Enjoyed it and quite glad we're not going to be dwelling on the Avengers. I mean seriously how often do they get mind controlled? That should old hat to most of them so I could see them not making a hug deal of it. Also human torch moment was great
    Still, the Avengers thing needs more work. There was too much going on for it to be addressed so quickly.

I cracked up at the text of the note Anna Maria finds. Loved that.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Well, it was confirmed that Anna Maria knows Pete's body in a biblical sense.

Argh, Books-a-Million decides to stop carrying all Marvel comics just in time for Peter's return, and that's the only place that carries comics within like, 70 miles radius of my house!

Anyways, glad to hear Pete is back to his old wise-cracking self, and that Anna Marconi hasn't been swept under a rug. Can't wait to read!

I had fun. The main story was a hoot! The backups were neat. Really looking forward to LtC now. Slott's having a great year so far and only looks to be getting better.

Ramos looked great. It feels, amazing, really to be here at this juncture. Ramos, Slott, Peter Parker. Match made in comics heaven for me.

Great issue.

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    Well, it was confirmed that Anna Maria knows Pete's body in a biblical sense.
    That was honestly the most disturbing thing that happened in the issue. I just don't know if I should be excited or grossed out for the next issue.

BANNED

I thought the main story was just okay, as were most of the backups.

Camuncoli's art in the Black Cat story was outstanding! I didn't care a lot for the art by Sliney in the 2099 one though.

The Crash / Learning To Crawl teaser was the best story, I thought. The art was great and it seems like Slott may finally nail the 'dark mirror of Peter' approach with this character.

BANNED

I totally dug this issue. As much as I enjoyed the Spock era, it was joyous to have the book jump back to that Amazing vibe without missing a beat. After the big climax of Goblin Nation, this was almost a breather by comparison but I that's what was needed - a somewhat calm interlude where we can just soak in the fun of Peter being back before things get full-on crazy again. That said, there were still some big bombshells in this issue. We (and Anna) knows that Spock intended to propose to her and, even bigger, she now knows that Peter is Spider-Man.

The Electro and Black Cat back-up stories were great, shining a light on what their current status quos are and how badly they want to stick it to Spidey. I also liked the cute re-cap of Spidey's powers as well as the Kaine and Spidey 2099 back ups. But the true gem of the back-ups for me was the Learning To Crawl preview. I haven't really been sure of what to expect out of this mini but, wow, did this look at it sell me on it. Based on what was included here, I think this is going to be a really special Spidey tale. I love the seamless interweaving of the classic origin with modern elements and the introduction of the kid who'll become Clash. Great, great stuff.

Anyhow, this was a fantastic oversized #1, jam packed with great material. This new era for Pete is off to an awesome start!