Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Discussion >> The TOP 10 things Marvel Studios will do right with the X-Men

There are other threads still active about the negatives of the Fox sell, so I just thought a positive thread is needed too and would bring a positive talk for all the users that are indeed excited about the future at Marvel Studios.

So lets start with our own top 10 or top 5 of things Marvel will do right with our dear X-Men and the movies overall.

#5 Costumes - comics, animation and films are all visual mediums and the X-Men don't typically go into battle naked(cough FoXstique cough), so they'll need something to wear. MCU has killed it with their translations from page to screen so far, can't wait to see the X-Men in their full glory.

#4 Team Dynamics- the X-Men are an elite fighting force, adept at combining their various powers in the field to accomplish great feats, a skill honed through their intense training in the Danger Room and the family-like bond they have forged. These two components were almost completely absent in 17 years of Fox-Men films, and yet for all their faults, the MCU brings this in spades.

#3 Cyclops- the runaway orphan that became the field commander of the X-Men and eventually the general for mutantkind is almost unrecognizable in the Fox-Men films. The MCU's Captain America shows they call pull off stuffy boy-scout leaders as charismatic and compelling.

#2 Storm- speaking of orphans who become leaders, Storm is another crucially underutilized character in the Fox-Men films that is ripe for a studio push. The MCU's Valkyrie, Hela, BP, and Cap Marvel show they understand the importance of pushing diversity, and the gorgeous, powerful, commanding, and complex character that is Storm is just waiting for her close up!

#1 Action and Adventure- yes, the civil rights metaphor is important, but so is having fun and exploring new horizons. The MCU does action/adventure like no one else in the game right now, and the X-Men IP is an untapped treasure chest of friendships, exotic locales, and breathtaking spectacles ready to be unleashed.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Characterization. I don't think they could do worse than what FOX has done over the years.

I want at least one Harry's Hideaway scene.

#10 - lockheed = the dragon is now possible since mcu has aliens well-established. and his origin can be as simple as magneto kicking him in the ribs on asteroid m if they don't want to waste time on the sidri hunters

#9 - SWORD = abigail brand and SWORD were big hits from whedon's astonishing, and later in kieron gillen's uncanny x-men. with x-men at disney we can see her and her space agency take over where SHIELD failed.

#8 - franklin richards = once they introduce the ff, reed and sue can have franklin and he can be a mutant.

#7 - x-men blue/x-men gold = my heart's desire is to see the 90s come to life on the big screen - put them on different coasts if necessary

#6 - starjammers = corsair, hepzibah, ch'od, and raza can fight incredible space battles with ...

#5 - the shi'ar , the skrulls, technarchy, and the brood = four alien races who are so much better than the kree blue people and the chitaris

#4 - deathbird, lilandra, and warlock = shi'ar and technarch menaces/allies to the x-men that can be done with big space opera

#3 - rogue = mystique can shoot carol out of the sky and rogue can drain her into a coma -- giving us the super-strong, flying, powerhouse rogue that we all deserve

#2 - moira mactaggart = a proper Moira, who runs a lab in Scotland, friend of Xavier, mutant rights activist, scotch drinking, sword-swinging, mother of crazy reality-warping proteus

#1 - storm = in all her dramatic, call to the winds, rains i summon thee, make it rain on the sun glory

Also looking forward to goddess Ororo. The Thor movies and BP make this well within the realm of possibility for the MCU.

I'm looking forward most to the action, something that the FOX X-films rarely got right.

Costumes will be great instead of bland black leather.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-31-2017 at 09:43 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I don't recall Fox addressing anything about Ororo's family background in a single one of their films?

BANNED

The quips will be very quippy.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    more like the quips will be very bitchy

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    #5 Costumes - comics, animation and films are all visual mediums and the X-Men don't typically go into battle naked(cough FoXstique cough), so they'll need something to wear. MCU has killed it with their translations from page to screen so far, can't wait to see the X-Men in their full glory.

#4 Team Dynamics- the X-Men are an elite fighting force, adept at combining their various powers in the field to accomplish great feats, a skill honed through their intense training in the Danger Room and the family-like bond they have forged. These two components were almost completely absent in 17 years of Fox-Men films, and yet for all their faults, the MCU brings this in spades.

#3 Cyclops- the runaway orphan that became the field commander of the X-Men and eventually the general for mutantkind is almost unrecognizable in the Fox-Men films. The MCU's Captain America shows they call pull off stuffy boy-scout leaders as charismatic and compelling.

#2 Storm- speaking of orphans who become leaders, Storm is another crucially underutilized character in the Fox-Men films that is ripe for a studio push. The MCU's Valkyrie, Hela, BP, and Cap Marvel show they understand the importance of pushing diversity, and the gorgeous, powerful, commanding, and complex character that is Storm is just waiting for her close up!

#1 Action and Adventure- yes, the civil rights metaphor is important, but so is having fun and exploring new horizons. The MCU does action/adventure like no one else in the game right now, and the X-Men IP is an untapped treasure chest of friendships, exotic locales, and breathtaking spectacles ready to be unleashed.
    you wrote it that well, that I almost dont feel the need to post my list. But I'll still try mine in the next days.

Astonishing Member

I don't care that much for costumes, but I am hoping for more balance in focus character. Sure there will still be big focus on Wolverine but the background characters have a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I think the number one thing would be is making the X-Universe simple and not a convoluted mess. No stupid time shenanigans, character misplacements, and most of all a messy and unclear timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Well anything can beat Storm's Toad quip.