Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Just went to add Jim Hammond who just had a thread made... and it refused to save. I was past the character count, and couldn't even bump Iron Man down to the second post because then that post wouldn't save for the same reason. Thank goodness for the new shorter urls!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And it looks like we have some new appreciation threads since the update!

(Yes, I did create one of them, for the Golden Age version of The Whizzer, but that's not the only one that's new.)

Added Watchers, Whizzer, and Nova. If there's any more I've missed, please let me know.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I just updated a bunch of links due to thread locking and restarting (though, mods, did Nova really need restarting? That thread was less than a month old). If I've missed any, please let me know. I'll be keeping an eye out for new threads but I'm only human. If you try to visit a thread and find it locked so you can't reply to it, feel free to make a new thread, and then request the link be updated here. Thank you!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I REALLY appreciate you doing this. I use this thread alot to find things. But would it be too much trouble to keep the old links also? Especially if they are planning on doing this every year. It would be nice to be able to go back and read / pick out some info from the old ones.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Unfortunately, I must apologise, as it is too much trouble. The first two posts are almost out of room as it is due to a character limit, so keeping the old links would definitely go over the limit. Refer to what I said in post 16. I was trying to update something and it wouldn't save, as it took it over the character limit. I only managed to make that edit by updating the urls, as the forum had recently been switched from
    http://community.comicbookresources.com/ to https://community.cbr.com/ - if I hit the character limit again, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I REALLY appreciate you doing this. I use this thread alot to find things. But would it be too much trouble to keep the old links also? Especially if they are planning on doing this every year. It would be nice to be able to go back and read / pick out some info from the old ones.
    Maybe it would be best if all those creating new Appreciation Threads for 2019 could also revise their first posts to include a link to the previous year's version of the appreciation thread (but how to get everybody to do that may be a bit more challenging . . . )

Done, thanks. Wasn't aware that one existed.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unfortunately, I must apologise, as it is too much trouble. The first two posts are almost out of room as it is due to a character limit, so keeping the old links would definitely go over the limit. Refer to what I said in post 16. I was trying to update something and it wouldn't save, as it took it over the character limit. I only managed to make that edit by updating the urls, as the forum had recently been switched from
    http://community.comicbookresources.com/ to https://community.cbr.com/ - if I hit the character limit again, I don't know what I'm going to do.
    I understand, though it is disappointing. However, on the bright side, if vitaminbee doesn't change her posts, we'll have a lot of the old links in her posts.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe it would be best if all those creating new Appreciation Threads for 2019 could also revise their first posts to include a link to the previous year's version of the appreciation thread (but how to get everybody to do that may be a bit more challenging . . . )
    Exactly. I've done that with the ones I started, but I don't think everyone is doing it.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This is a nice index! Congrats to the curators of this thread.

Also, why are all the Appreciation threads being locked and restarted anyway? I'm guessing some new CBR rule?

Edit: just saw the Admin announcement on this rule change.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Is there a Quicksilver thread? I didn't see it in the list but I see Scarlet Witch?
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Pietro's thread is in the X Books forum, so his link is in the X Books version of this thread. Here's the link: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...r-Appreciation

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Pietro's thread is in the X Books forum, so his link is in the X Books version of this thread. Here's the link: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...r-Appreciation
    Thank you!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Done, thanks. Wasn't aware that one existed.
    Ugh, it's closed now.
    This is the new one: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...19#post4118119
    Sorry!!