Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    The fact that they had time to even lift up their arm and catch him whilst he was charging at them should imply they can perceive him to some extent with a speed not to far from his own.
    The only time Goku counters him onscreen has Dyspo comes out of his burst before actually attacking.

The first time Hit counters it, he holds out his fist and then fakes using timeskip, at which point Dyspo charges into his fist.

Afterward, Dyspo is noted to be too uncertain to time his attacks, which results in him one-sidedly getting hammered by Hit.

Neither of them are portrayed as able to move during Dyspo's burst.

And I don't recall it being stated that neither Beerus or Champa couldn't see him.
    Champa states that he doesn't understand what's going on at first, and feels the need to ask if Vados can see Dyspo's attacks. The implication is pretty clear, especially given that Vados phrases it in a way that implies that it's not easy for her to follow Dyspo's attack.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The best FTL feat I saw for DBZ came out of the manga, and doesn't seem to have made it to the anime, so. Which I guess leaves you with power scaling basically? Plus really absurdly slow travel speeds? IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The best FTL feat I saw for DBZ came out of the manga, and doesn't seem to have made it to the anime, so. Which I guess leaves you with power scaling basically? Plus really absurdly slow travel speeds? IDK.
    When I argue ftl dbz stuff, I prefer sticking to the whole "how fast do ki attacks move" thing personally.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    The only time Goku counters him onscreen has Dyspo comes out of his burst before actually attacking.
    It was while he was bursting, as shown in the video:

We see Dyspo charging right at Hit, but before he makes contact, Goku flies right in between them. Not before; during, as the video clearly shows.

The first time Hit counters it, he holds out his fist and then fakes using timeskip, at which point Dyspo charges into his fist.

Afterward, Dyspo is noted to be too uncertain to time his attacks, which results in him one-sidedly getting hammered by Hit.

Neither of them are portrayed as able to move during Dyspo's burst.
    That isn't what is shown in the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax51agR_gDA

When they start fighting, at the 5th second we see Goku just realize Dyspo is there before he finishes his burst, then again at the 18th second, then again at the 30 second mark, yes he said he is timing the moves, but he is clearly perceiving Dyspo while doing so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C5Sb6VqFNQ

^Right at the beginning we see Dyspo bursting, yet Hit is shown to be moving at the very same speed, at the 1:04 mark, we see Hit activating his ability right when Dyspo is attacking with his speed, again showing he can react to it. And another thing? Considering how close he is to his opponents when he does burst, it clearly shows a level of speed that he can in fact react to. Otherwise he would be slamming right into his opponent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNoZOvLBex4

Goku does it again when using Ultra Instinct at the 12th second.

Champa states that he doesn't understand what's going on at first, and feels the need to ask if Vados can see Dyspo's attacks. The implication is pretty clear, especially given that Vados phrases it in a way that implies that it's not easy for her to follow Dyspo's attack.
    This is only because Dyspo is doing this instantly, once Hit is using his own speed, he didn't have any problem keeping up with Dyspo bursting, as shown in the vid above. Even then, the burst, "Light Bullet" is only explained as increasing Dyspos speed by the thousands, not that it is the reason he is moving at FTL speeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfUp7OQ5FVs

@the 2:21 mark, it is explained he is faster than both sound and light. Not that his ability allows him to burst to those levels, but that he just is that fast. Then at the 3:08 mark, it is explained he can increase his movement(not travel) speed even further by the thousands(do note again that he is running and punching at those speeds, otherwise he would just smash right into his opponent). So this is someone who is not only stated as already being FTL, but can go thousands of times beyond that. And if he couldn't react to anywhere near those speeds, he would not have been able to stop, and attack his opponents before smashing into them.

And finally, even while using Light Bullet, Dyspo still wasn't even as fast as Goku was when he used the Kaioken on Hit. Hit could even perceive Goku when he was using the Kaioken, and his Timeskip was made pointless when Goku burst right through it with the Kaiokenx10, and then he once again later sent Hit flying with a Kaioken punch so fast he couldn't react. Where-else he was able to activate Timeskip on Dyspo because he could still perceive him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMw8_mYnLzc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ3_ItCNbV8
    Last edited by Cody; 01-12-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Beerus flew across the universe in a under a minute to find Whis. Travel speed ante that slow.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Beerus flew across the universe in a under a minute to find Whis. Travel speed ante that slow.
    Eh, fair enough. I more meant them needing multiple episodes to fly from place to place in Z.

But I don't get the impression Beerus follows the same rules as most of the Z fighters anyway.

So what the hell did Toppo just do to the sky in the latest episode?

He tainted it with radiant Hakai pollution. Essentially. Sorta.

Who care! Toppo and his mustache are the best things in Super right now :P

On a serious note, it was a bit chilling seeing his personality change as he accepted his role of Hakaishin. Dude was major pro justice. Down with evil. Now he literally says he just doesn't care about justice anymore. Its like a piece of him died. Pretty cool
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I've only been loosely following Super, but I love what a total prick Freiza is.

Just, consistently a total prick. It's amazing.

I think he broke reality so hard the world of void became the world full of stars and ****.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I've only been loosely following Super, but I love what a total prick Freiza is.

Just, consistently a total prick. It's amazing.
    i was iffy on frieza being in the TOP at all.

but now, i just love how much of a total dick he is. as well as giving goku some energy for the spirit bomb.

Destroy the barrier between universes along with space that was the world of void. Dimension busting, basically, which Frieza withstood somehow. Why he thought a base form panet busting attack would work on Toppo is anyone's guess though.

Freeza gets ultra idiotic once he clearly loses. Remember pieces-of-Freeza throwing that tiny blast at SSJ Goku like it owuld have done anything.