Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

UI Goku does get a power boost even though his speed is what's increased the most.

KKx20 Goku landed a surprise kick against Jiren and yet it did less than UI Gokus hits against him. So while reflexes got the biggest boost, his strength got a boost too and it was commented on as well by I think piccolo.

Quote Originally Posted by buutenks View Post
    Did it vs Hit in ep 72, u should watch it. Also Vegeta blew up the Room of spirit and time by powering up twice. The ROST is a different dimension the size of earth. Vegeta forced his way out by blowing it up and destroying the dimensional walls. It seems going through the door was to difficult for him.

Since Goku n Vegeta are equal power wise, that feat applies to him also, and also Golden Freeza and perhaps Ultimate Gohan to, we will see this upcoming ep in Super.

So ye, that is 3 dimension destroying feats. Plus Goku Black was cutting in different dimensions with his ki sytche.
    Oh. well if they're earth sized "dimensions" it's not quite the same thing is it

And any FTL feats?

The answer is more powerful than he needs to be....

FTL feats, not that i recall apart from being scaled from Beerus.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Hooray. I'm posting in a DBZ thread.

In its favour no less.

*said in flat monotone*
    One of us.

One of us.

One of us.

One of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    That second scan is not showing that.
    That second scan was worded badly. Will edit.

We are our own worst editors.

Also working on the issue of that scan.

Edit: Got it, Thor #185. The rest of the story goes from 185-188, 1966. http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix7/infinityodin.htm

One thing to note about that scan, in #187, the text states that even though the distortions are happening at a range of light years that should take quite some time to be detected by Earth (because it's from the furthest reaches of the known universe, the scientists were picking up those signals instantaneously, thus defying the laws of science. It should be noted that the reason that this incarnation of Infinity took control of Odin was precisely because of his power (when her powers were severely limited) and thus was key to her scheme to destroy the universe. Even if he isn't a universe-buster, it seems getting his power would have been a major step towards attaining universe-destroying power.

From the wiki: "Odin's power was so vast, that when a part of Odin, his dark side bonded with the conceptual entity Infinity, went rogue, it was so large that it could crush planets in its grip as if they were pebbles, his mere limbs stretched as far as galaxies. Odin's battle with Infinity destroyed entire galaxies and countless worlds. When awoken from his trance by Thor, Odin swiftly got rid of Infinity and with one simple act was powerful enough to restore all the damage Infinity had caused across the Universe in moments."
    Last edited by Cyke; 12-12-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Did Vegeta really destroy a dimension when he broke out of the room of spirit and time? He could have just blasted through the door or whatever. I mean the dimension was still there after the fact. Mr. Popo just walked up and fixed the door saying "don't break it again or I'm banning you"
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Did Vegeta really destroy a dimension when he broke out of the room of spirit and time? He could have just blasted through the door or whatever. I mean the dimension was still there after the fact. Mr. Popo just walked up and fixed the door saying "don't break it again or I'm banning you"
    Even if he didn't destroy the entire dimension, that he could puncture a hole through the dimensional barrier is still pretty powerful and a bit more complicated than blasting the door (Buu had to rip a hole through the dimensional barrier, and when Piccolo blasted the door, it was done in order to seal the dimension from the rest of reality).

Though, even if Popo treated it more as an annoyance than anything else, remember: Pecking Order.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Blasting the door leaves you stranded there as demonstrated by Piccolo. Vegeta powered up and there was no more Time Chamber, just another (very broken) room in Kami's lookout. He's pretty clearly blowing up the entire thing.

That Dende and Mr. Popo can rebuild it says more about them than anything else. Also, we don't see how they fix it.
    Last edited by Hazard; 12-12-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Actually, yeah I agree with you guys. Just went back and rewatched the scenes with vegeta. Popo even says "don't destroy the ROOM again" key word, room. The whole thing.

Also apparently that entire realm is only earth sized. So him being unable to break it would be ridiculous
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    And any FTL feats?
    Read my first post man, I mentioned some.

Edit: Here:

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    It means that the beam in question would have to be moving at FTL speeds. Something that is easily believable at this point, and not just because Piccolos attack reached the moon in a second either. Super has a few nice speed feats, I mentioned one already(time skipping feat), but there was also Goku catching up to Whis after Beerus knocked him off(Whis was moving at MFTL speeds, travelling from their universe to Zamasus), a feat that is not only travel, but reactionary considering if Goku wasn't FTL; Whis would have left him light-years behind by the time Goku even realized wtf happened. Then there was the fight with Dyspo, the Speedster of the Toppa rangers whose entire shtick is that he can "hear" the movements of a persons muscles as well as Shiva could read them, allowing him to predict his opponents movements, and can amp his speed to FTL levels instantly(it was specifically mentioned that he can instantly go FTL). Yet even when he was charging at Hit to finish off, Goku had the time to transform into an SSG, and fly from his spot in the arena all the way to the spot in front of Hit just in time to catch a bursting Dyspos fist. And of course let's not forget that the entirety of the tournament of power is supposed to be only 48 minutes long in length, and yet everyone is able to fight and interact with each other in a space that feels like hours have gone by in just a minute.
    Last edited by Cody; 12-12-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Not "at best," but rather what we've seen so far. Odin was able to tank a blast that rocked the space/time continuum at point blank range, which is the same as Goku vs. Beerus' feat. It hurt him, sure, but that blast was definitely beyond galaxy busting.

Comparisons to Odin aside, his power was not increased by any considerable margin, hence Whis' own comments about how UI Goku was faring against Jiren and Kefla. Sure, he made Jiren feel something, but I'd argue that SSB Goku (pre-UI) had more firepower to hurt Jiren, given how Jiren had to dodge a kamehameha, whereas he could go toe-to-toe with UI Goku in the much more traditional ATATATATA (and just couldn't do that before simply because of how badly he outclassed SSB Goku). The improvement with Goku was reaction speed and fighting speed without having to think about it, but, as Whis pointed out, UI Goku's attacks weren't doing as much against Kefla.

While yes, it should be factored that Goku turned UI in an incredibly weakened state -- and so we don't know what normal, fully powered Goku with UI would do -- there's no feats to indicate a power increase that goes with UI and commentary says otherwise, but rather that Goku has to consciously compensate for that lack of power up. That's why it took him so long to charge that kamehameha that ultimately did in Kefla, even though we've seen Goku fire blasts of similar yield with much less charge up before, and without needing to fire at point blank range.

First, I'll say that Goku vs. Beerus' universe feat is legitimate, not just because of mod decree but because the proof is in the pudding, obviously.

But with that said, we've never seen SSG Goku fire a blast that, by himself and without Beerus, shattered distant galaxies as a side effect and that pierces time and space, and Odin has more esoteric powers than Goku, such as time freeze and cosmic telekinesis. While he is indeed on the lower rung of the cosmic hierarchy ladder, he tends to enter battle more often than his superiors, too, giving a better idea of his feats.

Of course, that's not to say that Odin is a universe-buster himself (definitely no proof of that), but that he can tank blasts that outright affect the very fabric of the spacetime continnuum is well within the realm of what we've seen so far of Beerus. That doesn't mean I think he's equal to Beerus per se, but feat-wise it shows that Odin and Goku (who himself is inferior to Beerus so far) aren't far apart, either.

Likewise, I imagine that we'll see a fully healthy, full-stamina Goku transform into UI soon, and then we'll get a better idea of what SSB strength + Kaioken power up + UI speed and reaction time can truly lead to, which then I do imagine would be something awesome.
    That's all fine, I'm good with that. At the very least they are of comparable destructive power to that of a Skyfather, but much, much faster than him to more than make up for the lack of esoterics in a direct fight as it is doubtful Odin could let one go without being blitzed. Either way, this was a very even minded post that is much appreciated and I give kudos to you. I am seeing a new trend lately with DB topics, and they no longer usually get heated anymore and are rather even minded and civil, and I am not just basing this assessment off of this thread either(which has also gone quite civilly despite it's length!). All in all, kudos to everyone as well!

I mean even Pen is posting in these threads again! Something he rarely ever did due to how toxic they used to get! That alone is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge leap in advancement when it comes to these threads.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Did someone say advancement? Be a shame if I mussed it up.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Read my first post man, I mentioned some.

Edit: Here:
    I'd like to see the Beerus/Whis thing if you have a video link or something because that sounds like travel speed

The time skip thing is not really impressive given it was like less than 1 second iirc. That's not all that great compared to Gladiator overcoming time dilation that lasted for at least a fortnight

I saw the Dyspo fight and Goku specifically says he's predicting his "linear movement". Before that he wasn't especially reacting. Even Hit was getting by on Dyspo being confused by time skip /not time skip than anything

I don't think the last tournament of power thing really proves FTL anything

Also is overcoming time skip even a speed thing or is it a power thing?